Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The Lyon link means absolutely nothing really though doesn't it, if he was owned by Lyon and they sold him to us over Palace they could perhaps be a bit concerned.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

The Lyon link means absolutely nothing really though doesn't it, if he was owned by Lyon and they sold him to us over Palace they could perhaps be a bit concerned.

For sure, he is a Shaktar player, but as the loan deal sits with Lyon it would have surely been simpler to transfer it to Palace than us from a neogtiation with Lyon point of view

But don`t care, he is here  :thumbup:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Palace always feel like one of those sides (West Ham another) who snap up a lot of particularly young talented wingers. I don’t pay attention to them on a weekly basis but surprising that they are player Ayew there.

Article is a bit of a joke (no surprise with the source) when it suggests the abundance of talent we have there. Pretty much just Barnes!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

Palace always feel like one of those sides (West Ham another) who snap up a lot of particularly young talented wingers. I don’t pay attention to them on a weekly basis but surprising that they are player Ayew there.

Article is a bit of a joke (no surprise with the source) when it suggests the abundance of talent we have there. Pretty much just Barnes!

Yes it is a terrible article, as you say, source is a joke, but only shared as I did not realise Lyon and Palace shared an owner, and its potential for impact on the Tete loan

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes it is a terrible article, as you say, source is a joke, but only shared as I did not realise Lyon and Palace shared an owner, and its potential for impact on the Tete loan

I didn’t know that either. I knew it wasn’t Simon Jordan anymore but thought it was someone of that ilk. They are just another nothing London club though.

• Like 1

That’s freakin awesome. Love how it was all summarized with sound bites from Morgan, Vardy, mahrez, Kante’ & Claudio.

when will someone finally make a proper movie of this story. We’ve got more movie production houses today than hot dinners -  any one of them could do it. The script practically rights itself there is just so much juicy material. Moneyball with Brad Pitt was a big success. That’s the only movie that comes close to our story.

• Like 1

Garth Crooks loving us. Faes/Maddison/Iheanacho in his TOTW squad. No Mendy, unsurprisingly...

The tackle by Faes on Harry Kane during Leicester's win over Tottenham was as emphatic as it was brilliant. Kane knew that if he had attempted to try to win the ball, he would have been nursing a sore ankle for some time.

In the days of yesteryear, strikers such as Chelsea's Ian Hutchinson or the great Peter Osgood, and a good many others, sacrificed themselves on the altar of hubris, vendettas and chasing lost causes. They have been replaced by those who work by the motto: Pick your battles - you'll play longer.

This was a tackle of such precision by and magnitude by Faes that it not only won Leicester the ball but created a goal out of nothing. Best tackle I've seen in years

After such an impressive result against Manchester City last week, Tottenham lost comprehensively to a Leicester side who up until recently were struggling to find some form themselves. That result is the biggest indication that Antonio Conte does not have a proper grip of this Spurs team.

Conte's side fell apart in a matter of minutes. The architect of Leicester's superb attacking performance was James Maddison. If he wasn't supplying wonderful opportunities for Kelechi Iheanacho to score, he was laying on chances for Harvey Barnes - and if all else failed, he would just score himself. A devastating display by Maddison.

A few weeks ago, Leicester were struggling but they weren't panicking. I was particularly struck by the relaxed nature of manager Brendan Rodgers in his post-match interviews, which is always a good sign that managers are in control of the situation.

Rodgers is a good coach and there is no doubt he seems to have got Iheanacho back to his best again. We know the Nigeria international can score goals but he is at his best when his touch is good, he sees the pass and is generally wreaking havoc in opposition defences.

And that is precisely what he did against Tottenham. If Conte were to leave Spurs at the end of the season, they could do much worse than installing Rodgers at the helm in his place.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64619991

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Garth Crooks loving us. Faes/Maddison/Iheanacho in his TOTW squad. No Mendy, unsurprisingly...

The tackle by Faes on Harry Kane during Leicester's win over Tottenham was as emphatic as it was brilliant. Kane knew that if he had attempted to try to win the ball, he would have been nursing a sore ankle for some time.

In the days of yesteryear, strikers such as Chelsea's Ian Hutchinson or the great Peter Osgood, and a good many others, sacrificed themselves on the altar of hubris, vendettas and chasing lost causes. They have been replaced by those who work by the motto: Pick your battles - you'll play longer.

This was a tackle of such precision by and magnitude by Faes that it not only won Leicester the ball but created a goal out of nothing. Best tackle I've seen in years

After such an impressive result against Manchester City last week, Tottenham lost comprehensively to a Leicester side who up until recently were struggling to find some form themselves. That result is the biggest indication that Antonio Conte does not have a proper grip of this Spurs team.

Conte's side fell apart in a matter of minutes. The architect of Leicester's superb attacking performance was James Maddison. If he wasn't supplying wonderful opportunities for Kelechi Iheanacho to score, he was laying on chances for Harvey Barnes - and if all else failed, he would just score himself. A devastating display by Maddison.

A few weeks ago, Leicester were struggling but they weren't panicking. I was particularly struck by the relaxed nature of manager Brendan Rodgers in his post-match interviews, which is always a good sign that managers are in control of the situation.

Rodgers is a good coach and there is no doubt he seems to have got Iheanacho back to his best again. We know the Nigeria international can score goals but he is at his best when his touch is good, he sees the pass and is generally wreaking havoc in opposition defences.

And that is precisely what he did against Tottenham. If Conte were to leave Spurs at the end of the season, they could do much worse than installing Rodgers at the helm in his place.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64619991

lol 

and

lol 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

How does Rodgers always escape any criticism.

We’re playing badly = “he’s not been backed”

We’re playing well - “he’s managed to get a tune out of Iheanacho”

Maybe just maybe he doesn't deserve to be attacked at every opportunity. As we have seen in his time here he isn't infallible and he is human like the rest of us.

There are times when he has made mistakes and he is even prone to having a strop. If he was any better than he had been with us he'd have been poached a long time ago.

Just enjoy the ride if you can.

7 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Maybe just maybe he doesn't deserve to be attacked at every opportunity. As we have seen in his time here he isn't infallible and he is human like the rest of us.

There are times when he has made mistakes and he is even prone to having a strop. If he was any better than he had been with us he'd have been poached a long time ago.

Just enjoy the ride if you can.

I’m not advocating for him to be attacked at every opportunity. I’m highlighting the clear tone in the TOTW article above that Rodgers is to be credited for the good but absolved of the bad. 

For the record, I’ve never been a vocal Rodgers in or out-er. I have been vocal about the media’s* inability to report on our situation with consistency though. 

*exception potentially being Simon Jordan. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adam95581 said:

I’m not advocating for him to be attacked at every opportunity. I’m highlighting the clear tone in the TOTW article above that Rodgers is to be credited for the good but absolved of the bad. 

For the record, I’ve never been a vocal Rodgers in or out-er. I have been vocal about the media’s* inability to report on our situation with consistency though. 

*exception potentially being Simon Jordan. 

Tbh, which managers get a hard time in the media? Not in their interest to be anything other than upbeat is it?