Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Tbh, which managers get a hard time in the media? Not in their interest to be anything other than upbeat is it?

Hmm, I take the point. But it felt like when Rodgers arrived and we had that great start, pundits were tripping over themselves to call him elite. I just don’t think the same approach has been applied when we’ve played badly - there’s always some other reason. 

I accept that our signings have given us a boost and allowed us to play differently so Rodgers is slightly vindicated in his argument that we needed to freshen up, but it has to go both ways. 

Anyway, one to worry about another day, not off the back of two good wins and performances. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

Brand Brendan definitely gets an easy ride but there is also still the belief in the press that anybody who can go to little Leicester and do anything but make a jumper has to be a genius. 

Fk it…and I didn’t even get a jumper…

all the times I defended him..woolly Rodgers out.

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Brand Brendan definitely gets an easy ride but there is also still the belief in the press that anybody who can go to little Leicester and do anything but make a jumper has to be a genius. 

Agree. BR also seems to realise the importance of the (especially the local) press and seems to make a concerted effort to get them on board. I also imagine he’s a decent bloke. Ian Stringer definitely thinks so (recent podcast). 

is anyone actually surprised at managers getting an easy ride from the press? it's literally how journalism functions nowadays, as hagiography for those who'd otherwise deny them content if they were actually critical and gave a proper challenge in interviews (same in football as in politics, unless a PM has clearly lost control like Lettuce Liz, at which point they try to get in good with the obvious successor, journalists will treat them with kid gloves in return for exclusives - a manager will only get a press grilling if the world knows he's a dead man walking)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Yes, I thought after the game there was a few times when Kane seemed to steer clear of him. Wonder if Faes had put the frighteners on him. 

There was a reducer quite early on Spurs got the free kick and I think Faes got booked. Kane took a fair hit. Then it was the amazing tackle pass that set up Madders goal.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

It was a brave tackle to make considering that was a second yellow if he only slightly mistimed the challenge. He who dares.... 

That's what makes it so heroic, we need to be brave and take chances to win games being nice and playing risk free football isn't going to get us where we want to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

It was a brave tackle to make considering that was a second yellow if he only slightly mistimed the challenge. He who dares.... 

I missed a lot of the build up to that goal because I was watching the ref - based on his performance I was convinced he was going to blow up and send Wout off any second

12 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

5 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Barnes in less than Dewsbury-Hall and Thomas doesn’t seem right…

If Vardy’s on that much we could really do with off loading him sadly

This was linked a few weeks ago and whilst it does contain some data which is correct (ie everything in the public domain), the stuff which is private is pretty much codswallop ….. 

you could make up the numbers yourself if you want to ….. that’s what this fella has done …..assuming he is a fella and not a teenager fresh from a game of fifa career mode …..

• Like 1