Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

15 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Makes me wonder if we should go for the likes of Igor Tudor or Sergio Conceicao if Rodgers were to leave this summer. Both fiery characters who would get the team playing with the kind of heart that characterised 15/16 while also being decent to watch. The stadium would soon be rocking again with either of those in charge.

Conceicao is liked and been in contact with the owners before when at Nantes. In Porto the fans say to me ‘you take our players and one day our manager’! He is quite off the radar for the football hipsters on here, who have very good knowledge, and never mentioned!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Southampton fans and Leicester fans, possibly.

No reason for anyone else to be interested, but then I never really understand why anyone would watch a match their team isn't in anyway.

Do they? :unsure:lol 

Edited by Matt

No reason for anyone else to be interested, but then I never really understand why anyone would watch a match their team isn't in anyway.

Going to the pub, meeting your mates, having a few scoops.

Do you watch cup finals and European stuff?

Many not featuring Leicester 😄

I have enjoyed watching games as a neutral. You can enjoy a good game without the stress for a change.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I have enjoyed watching games as a neutral. You can enjoy a good game without the stress for a change.

Absolutely you can, but tbh I can't be arsed with the endless PL/CL etc hype and burblings. I'm all for watching lower level football as a neutral; I'm starting to think the lower down you go the better it gets as an experience.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Absolutely you can, but tbh I can't be arsed with the endless PL/CL etc hype and burblings. I'm all for watching lower level football as a neutral; I'm starting to think the lower down you go the better it gets as an experience.

I agree with you. The overkill hype is a turn off. I have watched some League 2 games

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

No. Not if we're not in it. Used to, but haven't for years now.

Fair play.

I just love the game but sometimes (most of the time) hate it.

The highs are incredible with Leicester but the lows and the long periods without a win or even a decent performance,  do my head in.

33 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

spurs fans getting desperate.

Clattenburg was in charge of:

Norwich A. First weekend of October, no-one took us as serious contenders

Chelsea H. Still not serious contenders in everyone's eyes

West Brom H. spurs had the chance to go top the following night and bottled it Vs West Ham

Swansea H - demolition job, and spurs bottled it so much we'd got more points than they'd finish on a fortnight earlier 

like I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it didn't happen and Simpson is making stuff up since the total bookings in those last two was Huth 8 minutes from time and at 3-0 up. so, Clattenburg would have to have ignored a serious act of foul play that everyone would have seen at the time, not something that'd suddenly become a thing 7 years later

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

spurs fans getting desperate.

Clattenburg was in charge of:

Norwich A. First weekend of October, no-one took us as serious contenders

Chelsea H. Still not serious contenders in everyone's eyes

West Brom H. spurs had the chance to go top the following night and bottled it Vs West Ham

Swansea H - demolition job, and spurs bottled it so much we'd got more points than they'd finish on a fortnight earlier 

like I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it didn't happen and Simpson is making stuff up since the total bookings in those last two was Huth 8 minutes from time and at 3-0 up. so, Clattenburg would have to have ignored a serious act of foul play that everyone would have seen at the time, not something that'd suddenly become a thing 7 years later

They could dock all the points we got from those games and we'd still be above Tottenham.

Edited by Mark_w

56 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Didn’t Clattenburg actively admit that he didn’t send off multiple Spurs players in that Chelsea match because he didn’t want it to look like bias toward Leicester?

He did come out and say that, yet Spurs still win the game. Doesn't suit the agenda of those type of people on Twitter though.

On 28/02/2023 at 12:33, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Stats. Useless. Football. Useless.

I'm not sure what you're doing following a footie team tbh lol

Was Clattenburg also the referee that allowed Chelsea players to get assaulted and put them at risk of serious injury after admitting he didn't want to send a player off and be responsible for them not winning?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Was Clattenburg also the referee that allowed Chelsea players to get assaulted and put them at risk of serious injury after admitting he didn't want to send a player off and be responsible for them not winning?

He could and should have sent off 3 or 4 Spurs players that night. He allowed Chelsea players to get assaulted and it went unpunished.