Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

25 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Do they not realise we're already in free fall? 

Yep been in free fall for the past 18 months, playing terrible football and not got a clue how to the the basics. I wouldn’t worry about who comes in next because Rodgers hasn’t got any idea how to turn this around either 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Leicester board have 'big fear of going into freefall’ at King Power Stadium

Misleading title from them. Nowhere in the article are the board mentioned, or anyone from the board. 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Misleading title from them. Nowhere in the article are the board mentioned, or anyone from the board. 

I thought the same, the whole title should be a quote lol

It's probably not far off but a fan's opinion doesn't actually equate to the board's opinion haha.

12 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I thought the same, the whole title should be a quote lol

It's probably not far off but a fan's opinion doesn't actually equate to the board's opinion haha.

givemesport is a joke source. There's literally nothing in this other than the journalist's opinion.

23 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

givemesport is a joke source. There's literally nothing in this other than the journalist's opinion.

.... and opinions of us is exactly what the topic is for so any content is not to be taken seriously. 

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

.... and opinions of us is exactly what the topic is for so any content is not to be taken seriously. 

Sure, but I think the point StanSP was making was that the headline implied the journalist actually knew something of the board's reasons for sticking with Rodgers, but when you read the story it's clearly just somebody guessing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Sure, but I think the point StanSP was making was that the headline implied the journalist actually knew something of the board's reasons for sticking with Rodgers, but when you read the story it's clearly just somebody guessing.

Quite, it's click bait headline that's why i Tend to post the whole thing rather than just a link.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IsItMuzzy said:

Good to see journalism standards in this country remain at an all time high 

F8D97816-7F3A-4D86-BDFA-EEDEF188BE7A.jpeg

I must admit, and it’s not like me to do something like this, but I submitted a complaint to the BBC regarding constant misreporting in articles about us. I have no doubt it’s represented across all articles, not just us.

In quick succession, I saw two article, posted on this forum so didn’t go looking for them, one of which had stated we did not back Rodgers with any signings in the summer or January (so Souttar, Kristiansen and Tete must be figments of our imagination).

The other stated after the Chelsea game that we had lost 5 games in a row for the first time since 2014……13th August 2022 - 17 September 2022 (6 games lost in a row) says hello :wave:

Just got wound up. It was after their blatant shit about impartiality re Lineker as well so if nothing else hopefully it wastes someone time :dunno:

Journalism is the pits of a profession and most doing it just seem to be incompetent.

6 minutes ago, los dedos said:

http://www.statsmapsnpix.com/2021/01/which-football-team-is-nearest-me.html?m=1

Fascinating website, it would appear we are the nearest prem team to some 4.5 million people, obviously if Norwich were promoted it would be less . 

But it would appear we also have a catchment (nearest) of about 1.5 million to any football league team.

Screenshot_20230322_131808_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230322_131733_Chrome.jpg

Quite a few of these teams aren't in the premier league.

If he came here he would have scored bucket loads, and we'd subsequently sold him 2 years later to Chelsea or Man Utd. So in an alternate universe, Kane would still end up at a top 6 club but not waste his time at Tottenham.

• Like 3

On 21/03/2023 at 19:53, LCFCJohn said:

I must admit, and it’s not like me to do something like this, but I submitted a complaint to the BBC regarding constant misreporting in articles about us. I have no doubt it’s represented across all articles, not just us.

In quick succession, I saw two article, posted on this forum so didn’t go looking for them, one of which had stated we did not back Rodgers with any signings in the summer or January (so Souttar, Kristiansen and Tete must be figments of our imagination).

The other stated after the Chelsea game that we had lost 5 games in a row for the first time since 2014……13th August 2022 - 17 September 2022 (6 games lost in a row) says hello :wave:

Just got wound up. It was after their blatant shit about impartiality re Lineker as well so if nothing else hopefully it wastes someone time :dunno:

Journalism is the pits of a profession and most doing it just seem to be incompetent.

At least the old hard bitten journalist,knew their football & kept to it. 3-4 top stories from gameday,and actual ITK connection to a spread of clubs. Made interesting,

Sunday  Paper reading.

Now 100s of incompetent presentation, total lack of knowledge .

(Now a racist implication) they don't know or can tell the difference between a clubs teams black-players.Often some not even on the pitch..} embarrassing {

.Poor general knowledge of collective up-to-date club's information worse of all 80% of local & national journos or other media report are now 7 days of pure Clickbait.

Henry Winter and a few of his cross media colleagues, still write decent,columns or reports..

you Don't have to agree, one still can can be content with their opinions..that still can be fuel and honest platform then for terraces,W.end debate..

Social media has spermed more dross,than anything good..

Over the many years,there were the odd despicable lie, fictional crap journalist, & Pundits.but compared with the last 15years

Today we cant see the wood for the trees ..so much shit & clickbait about...even on Football forums from so called fans....

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

My Spurs crazy colleague,( decent bloke)   son has a few football icons posters on his wall, 3 are over his bed, are of Kane..Vardy..Mbappe..He can give a detailed synopses on all 3, plus a couple of others..There are still young football fans,that love their football..and often more knowledgeable as their olders...:scarf:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

My Spurs crazy colleague,( decent bloke)   son has a few football icons posters on his wall, 3 are over his bed, are of Kane..Vardy..Mbappe..He can give a detailed synopses on all 3, plus a couple of others..There are still young football fans,that love their football..and often more knowledgeable as their olders...:scarf:

Just to add...The son as hardley since

COVID been back in England,he follows from a far so to say.Though he's had the good fortune to see his favourite 3, live a few times,

this season only Kane & Mbappe..

Obviously because of Dad, he is first and formost ,Spurs then yes Leicester, and "zuhause"  Eintracht Frankfurt..ST-holder..at least not Bayern..Though haven't seen both for a year.

7 hours ago, Koke said:

If he came here he would have scored bucket loads, and we'd subsequently sold him 2 years later to Chelsea or Man Utd. So in an alternate universe, Kane would still end up at a top 6 club but not waste his time at Tottenham.

Yeah it would have been better for him lol 

Not something you should be particular proud of if youre on it but we are one of 5 clubs who have yet to be fined this season for our conduct towards referees. We all know the team and manager are as soft and bolluckless as they come so its not a surprise. I dont think ive ever seen choir boy Rodgers get heated with another manager never mind a ref, just shows a lack of fight imo. Cant think of a single successful manager in the last 20 years who didnt see the red mist from time to time. This matches up with how his teams act

https://www.givemesport.com/premier-league-clubs-how-much-each-of-them-has-paid-in-official-abuse-this-season/

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

I dont think ive ever seen choir boy Rodgers get heated with another manager never mind a ref,

He does with referees but it's very shortlived. It's a moment of anger, as opposed to getting really animated and vocal. 

Can't get in the way of clapping!