Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

If they score a few pens and tap ins they count just as much, I will be celebrating the same… now I wish Kane had actually put that penalty away for France… they are pretty important to score 

I wish he hadn't tried to score from a 0 degree angle against croatia instead of just passing it across the box for a tap in

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I wish he hadn't tried to score from a 0 degree angle against croatia instead of just passing it across the box for a tap in

i think that conte has changed his approach a little - he does seem slightly less selfish than he used to be (which is a very low bar)

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:
20px-Flag_of_San_Marino.svg.png San Marino 5
21px-Flag_of_Albania.svg.png Albania 4
23px-Flag_of_Bulgaria.svg.png Bulgaria 4
23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Germany 4
23px-Flag_of_Montenegro.svg.png Montenegro 4
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png France 3
23px-Flag_of_Panama.svg.png Panama 3
23px-Flag_of_Ukraine.svg.png Ukraine 3
23px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png Czech Republic 2
21px-Flag_of_Kosovo.svg.png Kosovo 2
23px-Flag_of_Lithuania.svg.png Lithuania 2
23px-Flag_of_Malta.svg.png Malta 2
23px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png Poland 2
16px-Flag_of_Switzerland_%28Pantone%29.s Switzerland 2
23px-Flag_of_Tunisia.svg.png Tunisia 2
22px-Flag_of_Andorra.svg.png Andorra 1
23px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png Colombia 1
23px-Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png Croatia 1
20px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png Denmark 1
23px-Flag_of_Hungary.svg.png Hungary 1
23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Italy 1
23px-Flag_of_Nigeria.svg.png Nigeria 1
23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Scotland 1
23px-Flag_of_Senegal.svg.png Senegal 1
23px-Flag_of_Slovenia.svg.png Slovenia 1
23px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png Turkey 1

Competition Caps Goals
FIFA World Cup 11 8
FIFA World Cup qualification 14 17
UEFA European Championship 11 4
UEFA European Championship qualifying 15 17
UEFA Nations League 17 3
Friendlies 13

18 were penalties (missed 4)

His 5 hat-tricks were against Panama, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Albania and San Marino.

Just shows how much crap England actually play against.

Only 8 of those goals were scored against anyone with any clout.

• Like 1

It's easy to sit and look at Kane's England stats now and say "he only scored against minnows!" but we're only looking at it right now because he's just passed Rooney. He's 29 so you'd say he's probably got 4 more years up regularly playing front for England if he stays fit, therefore the potential to add another 25 - 40 goals on top of that. Let's wait and then slag him off once he's finished.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Kane hasn’t stepped up when we’ve need him to internationally. Offered next to nothing in the Croatia semi or Italy final.

This purely conjecture but I think Vardy probably scores in at least one of those games, he’s a clutch player in a way Kane never has been.

They both should have played up top.

This was the line up against Croatia. The starting XI bar Alli and Sterling had a decent world cup, but Sterling was one of the biggest talents and at least tried to make something happen.

Put Sterling as an attacking midfielder in that 3 and put Vardy up front and I think you guys would have won that match

20230329_140802.thumb.jpg.f81e06b015b7c81f4f7cad9b0e5cc23c.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Captain... said:

I don't see how anyone can say Kane is not a phenomenal striker. 

Would he swap his career for Vardy's, probably not, would he swap all his individual awards for a premier League title? Of course he would.

These seem contradictory to me haha

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Interested to know which were the 8

Italy, France and Germany I'd assume :D If you're feeling generous you could throw Croatia in as well

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, filbertway said:

These seem contradictory to me haha

Kane's career isn't over, let's be honest Vardy's pretty much is.

I think with the time at the top in the Premier League, European and international finals and everything else. Kane's had pretty much the perfect career minus trophies. He wouldn't swap that for slogging around the lower leagues, playing with an ankle tag, having corn rows. Earning a fraction of the money to then be squandered by his crazy wife and an ill advised US football club.

However if you offered to shave off a few goals here and there and take away the individual honours and replace it with a shiny trophy he would accept that in a heart beat.

Edited by Captain...
  • Haha 1

Just now, Captain... said:

I think the time at the top in the Premier League, European and international finals. 

Kane's had pretty much the perfect career minus trophies. He wouldn't swap that for slogging around the lower leagues, playing with an ankle tag, having corn rows. Earning a fraction of the money to then be squandered by his crazy wife and I'll advised US football club.

However if you offered to shave off a few goals here and there and take away the individual honours and replace it with a shiny trophy he would accept that in a heart beat.

Yeah fair points. The laugh react was at the cornrows comment btw lol

I think for all the goals. Nothing will come close to the feeling of winning the premier league though. All we can do is judge up to this point as anything else is purely hypothetical.

I think doing it Vardy's way is great to be fair. He's won the league twice with Leicester. Won a cup. He can really appreciate it as well having experience playing proper non league.

For me right now if they both stopped today. I'd have Vardy's football career over Kane's every day of the week. Way more highs and a much better appreciation.

• Like 3

kane isnt choosing his career over vardy's any day of the week, end ov. 

kane has scored goals but he has nothing, zero, zilch on the shelf to show for it. 

he'd chop his own legs off mon-fri and weekends too to have the trophies and medals that vardy has - irrespective of the journey to get them.

12 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Yeah fair points. The laugh react was at the cornrows comment btw lol

I think for all the goals. Nothing will come close to the feeling of winning the premier league though. All we can do is judge up to this point as anything else is purely hypothetical.

I think doing it Vardy's way is great to be fair. He's won the league twice with Leicester. Won a cup. He can really appreciate it as well having experience playing proper non league.

For me right now if they both stopped today. I'd have Vardy's football career over Kane's every day of the week. Way more highs and a much better appreciation.

It's the romantic choice for sure, but Kane's career isn't over, not even close, I would be very surprised if he ended trophy less. Vardy was Kane's age in 2016 and won 2 major trophies.

Obviously Vardy is a legend of 2016, but would Kane swap his career for Ulloa's? He's won more than Kane or what about Okazaki or Drinkwater or Schlupp?

4 minutes ago, Captain... said:

It's the romantic choice for sure, but Kane's career isn't over, not even close, I would be very surprised if he ended trophy less. Vardy was Kane's age in 2016 and won 2 major trophies.

Obviously Vardy is a legend of 2016, but would Kane swap his career for Ulloa's? He's won more than Kane or what about Okazaki or Drinkwater or Schlupp?

It's the story that appeals to me to be fair. On FM I'll start unemployed with the lowest stats, I love seeing something build up from nothing. I think Vardy's is probably the only one.

Certainly see where you're coming from though.

This is one of the few times on Vardy's side, i'm usually talking him down lol

If Kane moves on and goes and gets success somewhere else then fair play to him. Would probably do him some good to get in a new environment and out of his comfort zone.

They have one thing in common, they've both been stitched up by a loved one. Kane's brother screwed him big time with the contract lol

Edited by filbertway

10 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I think with the time at the top in the Premier League, European and international finals and everything else. Kane's had pretty much the perfect career minus trophies. He wouldn't swap that for slogging around the lower leagues, playing with an ankle tag, having corn rows. Earning a fraction of the money to then be squandered by his crazy wife and I'll advised US football club.

But it ain't your career..

Whether fans on here like it or not,no matter how people (with nothing behind them) put themselves in a place to judge him...

Kane has done it...got the T-shirt, wrote the book and yes got himself on film,breaking Records...He by definition has become an English/European legend,because though no trophies,he scores goals,across all competitions,and on a highish level..

Past many great legends,going back over years, J.Greaves,Frannie Lee ,D.Law.Rowley, Rooney,Shearer should lose their legend status,because they don't touch Kane for individual Goal scoring...

Those first 4 rest deep in my soul & tradition,which write their own memoirs...

Kane deserves and has earnt the right to join that honoured "youths"  

(Mine & millions of others) young & aging deep football soul  memoirs has a legend...He made and created during his career...

Modern fans,have not learnt the Romance of sport ( maybe life) and prefer to chase the cynical and put and allow those buts ,to rule their life's paths..

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

People get so weird and petty. The following things can both be true.

Kane is an amazing striker.

He hasn’t won anything. 

He's very similar to Shearer in that regard, apart from the PL with Blackburn Shearer won nothing but individual honours. For one of the best strikers of all time that's a poor haul, but people still remember him as an all time PL and England legend. Our own Gary Lineker won very little of note, but still a legend. 

Whereas Brian McClair for example has a trophy list to match the best. But who cares.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain... said:

He's very similar to Shearer in that regard, apart from the PL with Blackburn Shearer won nothing but individual honours. For one of the best strikers of all time that's a poor haul, but people still remember him as an all time PL and England legend. Our own Gary Lineker won very little of note, but still a legend. 

Whereas Brian McClair for example has a trophy list to match the best. But who cares.

And in similar fashion, Daniel Amartey is a league cup win away from having a complete set of winners medals for the 4 top competitions in English football. lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Shearer gets underrated because of his poor trophy haul. He was genuinely one of the best strikers on the planet in his pomp. 3 major career threatening injuries, played for the majority of his career in pretty poor teams. He moved to us when we were legitimate title challengers, but poor direction from the boardroom and a slew of poor managers in the chair meant his best years weren't as productive as they could have been. 

I think while Harry Kane suffers from being interminably dull off the pitch, nothing on the pitch is particularly exciting either. Even his 30 yarders don't, I dunno, feel(?) thrilling. There's something almost pedestrian in their excellence? He's so professional, so practised that it's not impressive. He never beats a player with something unpredictable like Henry did, he's not got tonnes of pace, he's just a little sharper, a little stronger or a little smarter in the moment. Just like Shearer was.