Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

You just have to hope that little Arsenal girl got a much better reception from the players at other points of her day earlier on. 

Several Arsenal fans say its out of context. 

As much as that might be the case, it's weird that the club's official media account chose only that segment to publicise. 

1 hour ago, los dedos said:

🙄

The Everton figure seems ridiculous, but the twitter replies appear to indicate it's false, and is in fact free.

You can understand a fee to compensate for two guardians to have match tickets, and because it involves people's time, but you do wonder what planet some of these folk live on. 

Spurs, who got knocked out in the group stages and didn’t even turn up for one game, made about 30 per cent  (€3m) more than us from the Conference League, even though we got to the semi final. This doesn’t include TV money too.

Didn’t realise you got increased money just for your coefficient points.

Edited by when_you're_smiling

13 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Spurs, who got knocked out in the group stages and didn’t even turn up for one game, made about 30 per cent  (€3m) more than us from the Conference League, even though we got to the semi final. This doesn’t include TV money too.

Didn’t realise you got increased money just for your coefficient points.

Its a good job we got that €17.8m from the Europa league then! https://swissramble.substack.com/p/europa-league-revenue-202122

(It's not clear from the 2 articles whether we got €17.8m total or €17.8 + €6.5m, but we did get a lot more from a Europa group & Conference knock-out games than Spurs did from just a Conference group)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Percy was prattling on about how we’d turned our season around after beating Gillingham 

It was in the Telegraph but it was John Aizlewood not Percy (if it’s the article I’m thinking of). 

5 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Anyone want to own up to knowing these two? 🤣

I drove past them just after the Wolves supporter coaches 

It was on Hinckley Road outside the gates to Western Park 

The Baby Squad’s best days look to be behind them 

34 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

Garth Crooks saying Garth Crooks things. 

He picked Castagne on his team of the week - presumably only so he could say this:

Timothy Castagne (Leicester): These were three massive points for Leicester. I'm still struggling with the departure of Brendan Rodgers from the King Power Stadium but Leicester fans tell me he had to go. OK, but to replace Rodgers with Dean Smith after his disappointing time at Norwich - what sort of appointment is that? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65369535

Barf Crooks at it again. Christ that is honking lol 

slow news day at the Leicester Mercury

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/living-life-shadow-leicester-citys-8377891

When you live a short distance from a Premier League club's home stadium you have to expect a bit of noise. But the cheers from the King Power Stadium and the chanting fans marching home after a victory aren't the only downsides.

The flats on Pavillion Close are among the nearest to the stadium in Raw Dykes Road and residents have to get used to road closures and crowds. What the area makes up for in its unique atmosphere, getting out and about on match days can be frustrating.

A 21-year-old woman who gave her name only as Beth said it got pretty busy on match days. "It's nice enough living here although it is loud when they're playing.

"But I like living right in the middle of Leicester. You've got bus stops, the hospital and Bede Park nearby and it's handy for a lot of things - although I don't follow football!

"When they have a match on they shut the streets and there's just loads and loads of people walking by before and after the games. But they mostly seem nice."

Hundreds of people live in the Pavillion Close flats just across Raw Dykes Road from the stadium

Another woman living in the flats, who did not want to be identified, said she was getting used to the problems, which include being effectively trapped at home when the roads all close during matches. She said: "It's okay. I guess you get used to it.

"I only moved here in January and it's a nice area but it's very, very busy on match days. I can hear the noise from the stadium from my house.

"The worst thing is all the traffic restrictions - I think the road closures on match days go a bit too far. It's a real bugbear of mine.

"It's like being trapped in your home, unable to leave."

Many football fans leave the stadium after matches and head up Burnmoor Street on foot and when that happens Shannen Kamara, 26, shuts herself inside with her three children. She said: "It's horrible when the football's on.

"There's a route you can still drive to get out of here but it takes about half an hour to get anywhere."

Her dad Gary Dean, who was visiting, said: "If she rings me for a lift somewhere when the football's on I just say no!"

Shannen added: "This road is just blocked with hundreds of people when they're leaving and they shout and make a lot of noise. Sometimes, if it's a late match, it's after the kids have gone to bed and it disturbs them.

"One time someone was going along the street kicking bins over and the police were nearby but didn't do anything. I've been here three years and I really want to move to somewhere else."

Burnmoor Road includes a mix of businesses and homes

A few doors down, dad Gorge Lopes, 35, was most annoyed by the parking situation. He said: "On match days anyone with a blue disabled badge is allowed to park along this road so there's nowhere for residents if you go out and come back.

"The whole street is really busy. The people coming through on foot are okay most of the time but after some games there's a bit of fighting and swearing."

As well as terraced houses, Burnmoor Street has several businesses. One man who works in the street had a low opinion of the area.

He said: "It's ****. When a match is on you can't park at all - it's just the worst street in Leicester."

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

slow news day at the Leicester Mercury

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/living-life-shadow-leicester-citys-8377891

When you live a short distance from a Premier League club's home stadium you have to expect a bit of noise. But the cheers from the King Power Stadium and the chanting fans marching home after a victory aren't the only downsides.

The flats on Pavillion Close are among the nearest to the stadium in Raw Dykes Road and residents have to get used to road closures and crowds. What the area makes up for in its unique atmosphere, getting out and about on match days can be frustrating.

A 21-year-old woman who gave her name only as Beth said it got pretty busy on match days. "It's nice enough living here although it is loud when they're playing.

"But I like living right in the middle of Leicester. You've got bus stops, the hospital and Bede Park nearby and it's handy for a lot of things - although I don't follow football!

"When they have a match on they shut the streets and there's just loads and loads of people walking by before and after the games. But they mostly seem nice."

Hundreds of people live in the Pavillion Close flats just across Raw Dykes Road from the stadium

Another woman living in the flats, who did not want to be identified, said she was getting used to the problems, which include being effectively trapped at home when the roads all close during matches. She said: "It's okay. I guess you get used to it.

"I only moved here in January and it's a nice area but it's very, very busy on match days. I can hear the noise from the stadium from my house.

"The worst thing is all the traffic restrictions - I think the road closures on match days go a bit too far. It's a real bugbear of mine.

"It's like being trapped in your home, unable to leave."

Many football fans leave the stadium after matches and head up Burnmoor Street on foot and when that happens Shannen Kamara, 26, shuts herself inside with her three children. She said: "It's horrible when the football's on.

"There's a route you can still drive to get out of here but it takes about half an hour to get anywhere."

Her dad Gary Dean, who was visiting, said: "If she rings me for a lift somewhere when the football's on I just say no!"

Shannen added: "This road is just blocked with hundreds of people when they're leaving and they shout and make a lot of noise. Sometimes, if it's a late match, it's after the kids have gone to bed and it disturbs them.

"One time someone was going along the street kicking bins over and the police were nearby but didn't do anything. I've been here three years and I really want to move to somewhere else."

Burnmoor Road includes a mix of businesses and homes

A few doors down, dad Gorge Lopes, 35, was most annoyed by the parking situation. He said: "On match days anyone with a blue disabled badge is allowed to park along this road so there's nowhere for residents if you go out and come back.

"The whole street is really busy. The people coming through on foot are okay most of the time but after some games there's a bit of fighting and swearing."

As well as terraced houses, Burnmoor Street has several businesses. One man who works in the street had a low opinion of the area.

He said: "It's ****. When a match is on you can't park at all - it's just the worst street in Leicester."

Only been in the area since 1891. I'm doubting if anyone will remember before the club moved in

• Like 2