Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I usually like Michah Richards but here he's caught saying "when Leicester won the league, Spurs should have won it" lol 

Makes no difference what he says. The best team that year won it, like every year. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I usually like Michah Richards but here he's caught saying "when Leicester won the league, Spurs should have won it" lol 

I want to laugh in his face for 2 minutes for saying that as much as he laughs every day. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Richards is OK but is one of those blokes that laughs a bit too loud and is not as amusing as he thinks he is. As for the Leicester comment that is just stupid. He would not have said had Man C beat Spurs to the title that year 

20 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

No one wants to admit when we won it we did it by just being better than everyone else, seems some want to make excuses to how it happened… we had several world class players in that side

3 world class players at that time.

Vards Mahrez and Kante.

With Huth and Kasper Massive.

42 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Whomever wins the league this year will have lost more games than we did the year we won it.....

When you think it could have only been the 1 lost as out of the 3 games we lost, we was outplayed by Arsenal at KP,  We never really turned up at Liverpool worst performance of the season by far based on standard performances over the season we win that game and unluckily lost to a last kick of the game to Arsenal 

5 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

. He would not have said had Man C beat Spurs to the title that year 

well no, because no-one expects spurs to outdo Man City. like obviously we deserved to win the title that season and won it on merit, but spurs should have won it in the sense that they will never have a better opportunity to do so than in a league where Chelsea were imploding, Man City were still adapting to guardiola, Man Utd still in a post fergie hangover, Liverpool suffering from having some championship manager with a notepad for the start of the season and Arsenal starting to burn out under Wenger. Given Richards goes on to talk about the champions league final, seems to me like he's talking about how Spurs don't have the killer instinct to capitalise on opportunities to win trophies

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

well no, because no-one expects spurs to outdo Man City. like obviously we deserved to win the title that season and won it on merit, but spurs should have won it in the sense that they will never have a better opportunity to do so than in a league where Chelsea were imploding, Man City were still adapting to guardiola, Man Utd still in a post fergie hangover, Liverpool suffering from having some championship manager with a notepad for the start of the season and Arsenal starting to burn out under Wenger. Given Richards goes on to talk about the champions league final, seems to me like he's talking about how Spurs don't have the killer instinct to capitalise on opportunities to win trophies

Leicester were the best team that year. Should this and that didn't come into it. I still think some pundits don't like to give full credit. Anyway Spurs were not even good enough for runners up spot. 

5 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Leicester were the best team that year.  

so, what I said then?

29 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

like obviously we deserved to win the title that season and won it on merit,

Like let's be very clear, I am not saying that Spurs should have won based on the performances of us and them that season, I am saying that that season was their best chance of winning a title with all the usual dominant forces AWOL or in transition, and if they were a top team then they should have won it. they didn't and didn't deserve to because they are mentally weak and not a team capable of winning trophies 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

so, what I said then?

Like let's be very clear, I am not saying that Spurs should have won based on the performances of us and them that season, I am saying that that season was their best chance of winning a title with all the usual dominant forces AWOL or in transition, and if they were a top team then they should have won it. they didn't and didn't deserve to because they are mentally weak and not a team capable of winning trophies 

👏

no need for peeps to get their knickers in a twist over it 

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

so, what I said then?

Nothing against your reasoning. I just don't like someone like Micah Richards even suggesting that our triumph was anything other than the best team won it whatever they are called.

45 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

but the opportunity was never really there because of us. they were never top, they couldn't even beat us over two games and they finished miles behind. why do people even say they bottled it that year when they clearly never bottled anything.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Pelegrín’s in charge his replacement by Pep was announced in february

• Like 1

8 hours ago, don_danbury said:

but the opportunity was never really there because of us. they were never top, they couldn't even beat us over two games and they finished miles behind. why do people even say they bottled it that year when they clearly never bottled anything.

Wash your mouth out with soap, young man.     You've forgotten that Tottenham were top for 14 glorious minutes, on that famous day ... Saturday 5th March 2016.

I'm sure someone can find that picture ......................

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, don_danbury said:

oh FFS, I agree that we were by streets the best team that season, that is completely irrelevant to the point. the point is that with all of the regular competitors in transition or crumbling that season, and the only challenge being, let's be honest, provisional upstarts, a top side should be running us a lot closer and probably winning that title. Spurs didn't and were nowhere near the title because they're not a top side, they're a top half side with delusions of grandeur 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, filbertway said:

I feel for the doctor here as everyone is missing his point lol

He agrees with you all but is able to understand the point that Richards clumsily attempted to make

it's genuinely wild how many people are getting outraged by basically saying that Spurs aren't that good 

• Like 1

The reality about Tottenham that almost nobody mentions is that they're not that big of a club compared to who they're competetimg against. Spurs don't have an illustrious history of winning like Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, and even Chelsea now. To finish regular top 4 and reach a CL final is a phenomenal achievement and should be applauded, but yet they've being compared to what Chelsea or Liverpool do. Spurs have been hugely successful in the last decade.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

The reality about Tottenham that almost nobody mentions is that they're not that big of a club compared to who they're competetimg against. Spurs don't have an illustrious history of winning like Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, and even Chelsea now. To finish regular top 4 and reach a CL final is a phenomenal achievement and should be applauded, but yet they've being compared to what Chelsea or Liverpool do. Spurs have been hugely successful in the last decade.

Spurs have won the fa cup 8 times, league cup probably more than us and the league a couple of times. Yes in recent years, they’ve not won as much as their neighbours in the league table, but their history is impressive. I agree they should be applauded, because if they’d have been bankrolled like Chelsea, Man City etc, they’d have more trophies I’m sure. 
We beat them to the league title because we were the better team and the fallout from that should be we forget about them. Yet the ladbible/away days nonsense that is purported on this forum and within the football sphere is so dull. ‘Spursy’ is quite cringe (not a dig at you)

I was only 4/5 when we lost to them in the league cup final, can understand some fans hating on basis of what happened there, but the league title ‘I hate Spurs’ is so unoriginal it reflects badly on our fan base.

Edited by westernpark
Extra info