Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

24 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Recent years? they have not won anything? when was the last time they won any trophy? you are stretching the word recent beyond it's meaning. And it's not just our fans who laugh at doing a Spursy the whole footballing world does. No one likes Spurs for a reason, their fanbase and their delusions of grandeur. They have and never will be as big a club as Arsenal or Chelsea for that matter. 

Yes I’m aware of the world saying spursy, hence why I claimed it’s unoriginal. Their social media fanbase is the same as every other club’s social media fanbase, they omit delusions of grandeur. When I say recent years, I mean the last thirty within the context of their long history. I don’t like Spurs, I just don’t jump on the spursy bandwagon like it’s the only thing that matters to me in football ‘at least spurs are losing’. 

1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Horses for courses then. I personally take great delight in any negativity concerning Tottenham. As you said in your earlier post you were only four when we played them at Wembley and not old enough to have seen their scummy fans behavior at the final. sitting in the Leicester end shooting their mouths off, spitting on and hitting women and terrifying children. Thirty years isn't really recent is it, it's a very long time. As for the saying doing a spursy it applies to any team that bottles it in important matches, we were accused of it for missing out on a champions league place two years running, being unoriginal makes no difference it's a common currency among football fans, and will always be so.

Yes that was what I was referring to in an earlier post, where I stated that the hatred there wasn't regarding the result. However, I believe thirty years to be recent, within the context I stated. I wouldn't say the same regarding the famous Tottenham Bill Nicholson teams. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Translation? 

Forest fans are pretending that the printed banners from their Union FS tribute act named Forza Garibaldi are better quality than Leicester's handmade tifos.

On 01/05/2023 at 17:13, SemperEadem said:

Predictably Forest kids are all over the latest ufs tweet bigging up FG.

It's all a bit childish isn't it. 

Forest's support is decent you have to admit. 

Our support can be absolute top notch at times - Monday night being a prime example 

19 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

It's all a bit childish isn't it. 

Forest's support is decent you have to admit. 

Our support can be absolute top notch at times - Monday night being a prime example 

At home yeah superb. Three stands properly at, thousands stood and to a man belt their anthem.

Do however have zero respect for Foza Garibaldi, an absolute stain on the scene.

• Like 2

Came downstairs this morning to my son watching this on YouTube. Not keen on the lad (youtuber) and all the idiots celebrating for the camera but he seemed impressed with our atmosphere.

Mentions on the video he got his ticket from Dewsbury-Hall too, hmm.

Edited by Rain King

On 28/04/2023 at 22:11, don_danbury said:

but the opportunity was never really there because of us. they were never top, they couldn't even beat us over two games and they finished miles behind. why do people even say they bottled it that year when they clearly never bottled anything.

You obviously never purchased the DVD then if you don't believe Tottenham ever went top.

13 Minutes - spoof DVD commemorating Spurs' time at the top of the table  during Arsenal game | SportingPost

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

this is just a little embarrassing lol

Especially as I don't believe they went up from the playoffs that year either? 

Holy shit that's cringe worthy. 

That's like something you put out as an April fools joke.