Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

@Finnegan was 6 or something at the time and Kermogant had said something negative about his favourite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. He’s never going to let the rage go.

Rage is what gets me through the day, boomer. 

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

this is just a little embarrassing lol

Especially as I don't believe they went up from the playoffs that year either? 

Very embarassing, the season Watford lost to Palace in the playoff final that's all that was!

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

I still don't get why people were so upset with Kermogant, making out like it was some massive ego move. Clearly a technical player and had probably done it in the past

He got it wrong, it was no better or worse than someone hitting a tame shot 3 yards either side of the keeper.

No way did you watch that penalty and go fair play for giving it a go Yann. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, filbertway said:

I still don't get why people were so upset with Kermogant, making out like it was some massive ego move. Clearly a technical player and had probably done it in the past

He got it wrong, it was no better or worse than someone hitting a tame shot 3 yards either side of the keeper.

Filbert contrarian at it again

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Filbert contrarian at it again

lol

Its madness! people crying at a man hitting a pen, I always found it weird as shit. I always assumed it was little Britain types hating a foreigner, but genuinely normal people seemed to hate it as well. Very odd all round.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

People forget that it was Waghorn that missed the final crucial penalty.

Talking of Waghorn, he's one player I thought would do way better than he has. Fairly below average striker from what I've seen of his stats

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Talking of Waghorn, he's one player I thought would do way better than he has. Fairly below average striker from what I've seen of his stats

Worked hard scored the odd screamer. But I didn’t ever quite get the hype. But like fryatt he lacked a little bit of pace to be a top player.

Waghorn was the right player at the right time for his loan season here, playing up front as a lone striker, brilliant, then we bought him and changed things and he was poor to say the least.

Reminds me of another player who was the opposite, can't remember the Aussies name but he started in midfield and was so bad that eventually when his name was read out before the game over the tannoy you'd hear loud boo's.

Then he was moved into defence and he magically became brilliant, the right position for him and he played his heart out.

8 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Waghorn was the right player at the right time for his loan season here, playing up front as a lone striker, brilliant, then we bought him and changed things and he was poor to say the least.

Reminds me of another player who was the opposite, can't remember the Aussies name but he started in midfield and was so bad that eventually when his name was read out before the game over the tannoy you'd hear loud boo's.

Then he was moved into defence and he magically became brilliant, the right position for him and he played his heart out.

Patrick Kisnorbo 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tuna said:

Very embarassing, the season Watford lost to Palace in the playoff final that's all that was!

Suuuper, Super Kev!

6 hours ago, filbertway said:

lol

Its madness! people crying at a man hitting a pen, I always found it weird as shit. I always assumed it was little Britain types hating a foreigner, but genuinely normal people seemed to hate it as well. Very odd all round.

You are genuinely going out of your way to make taking a penalty...harder?

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

You are genuinely going out of your way to make taking a penalty...harder?

Miquel the work Geordie? More like Miquel get jonny foreigner off penalties the daft baguette eating bozo 

just disappointing to see these views in 2023, it was only a penalty! 

• Haha 1

On 05/05/2023 at 17:35, Finnegan said:

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Screenshot_20230505_173438_Chrome.jpg

Anyone wearing this in public should immediately be placed on the Sex Offenders Register. Not even a hard drive check. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I don't think that many do - he just had credit in the bank because he looked like a capable footballer for us that season and actually offered something.

It helped, also, that he looked like he gave a shit.

1 hour ago, teblin said:

Worked hard scored the odd screamer. But I didn’t ever quite get the hype. But like fryatt he lacked a little bit of pace to be a top player.

It wasn't his pace that was the problem at all. He was fast enough.

It was a lack of composure. So often he'd be in a good position but lacked the presence of mind to place the ball. He always looked to belt it.

• Like 1

lol

The Deeney penalty was more disbelief for me. I remember not speaking for about 10 minutes after that in disbelief.

The Kermogrant penalty was horrific as we overachieved getting into the play offs. I remember Pearson post match saying something about "replication" of the season (in terms of getting to the top 6) would have been difficult the following season.

I loved the 2010 team (Morrison, Hobbs, Berner, Wellens, King, Howard, Fryatt, etc) and I look back so proud they deserved a top 6 finish, and achieved it. A contrast to 2013 where we completely fell away (or "bottled it" as people say now) and only just ended up scraping into the play offs. Watford were a much better team than us.

But now I don't care about either. Couldn't care less if Watford bring merchandise out for "Deeney Day". Don't care about Kermogrant. We've won the Championship, Premier League, FA Cup and Community Shield since then.

Although I am struggling to see why crying or disliking a player for missing a penalty means you're a racist. Guess I'm okay to criticise Maddison's miss on Monday because he's English lol 

• Like 3

lol

Hitting a pen is a bit of a stretch for that Kermo effort

1 hour ago, Tim1974 said:

Patrick Kisnorbo 

Currently having an absolute shocker as manager of Troyes in France

1 win, 5 draws, 12 losses in the league since he joined them

Should've stayed in Australia at Melbourne City where he won the league last season

• Like 1

If you run up and take an honest penalty and the keeper saves it, or you miss the target - it’s shit happens and most people get it and get over it pretty quickly.

If in a pressure situation you try and be a fancy Twat and chip it down the middle people will be a lot less forgiving. 

• Like 4