Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

This is why you sign the young players with the potential. Blood them in, get them to understand the values of the club. Sign a couple of experienced players who have been at high profile clubs and played in high profile games along the way, Lallana, Welbeck, now Milner. It’s not all about game day, it’s about how you apply yourself off the pitch, how you recover. 

It’s what happened with us. We had the core of Kasper, Wes, King, Konchesky and to some extent Nugent who had been here for a while ( All experienced pros when we started to hit our heights) and the other players learnt off of them about our club values - Vardy, Mahrez, N’Didi, Maddison and they all brought into it which has moulded them into the players they are today and why we’ve commanded high fees for players. I remember Kasper saying “Everyone who’s left says - They like it where they are, but there’s nothing like Leicester” and sadly that now seems to be coming to an end due to mismanagement. 

They have sensibly done this too whereby those players have sometimes had six months to a year to integrate before being called up as starters. Under the radar, De Zebri has slowly built Gilmour into the team as an alternative to Caicedo at the end of the season. 

Interested to see how Europe affects them but the signing of Milner is really clever with his versatility. 

Makes me sick how people be they pundits, journalists or Joe public who haven't spent money on a ticket all season have their own version of the narrative and lecture us with it like it's factual, just like the whole Ranieri sacking, looking in from the outside not having watched just how shocking the quality had been.

There are different opinions on here re Rodgers, I do think one undeniable truth is that we should have had his replacement ready and not wasted those couple of games with a couple of PE teachers at the touchline (no offence to PE teachers meant). From the outside are they saying keep the man who oversaw the shockers at Southampton and Palace - what would change, then again if you told me the new manager would go into games with no holding midfielder and let Soumare and Tielemans jog around casually I would have not wanted that either. 

Opening the Ranieri can of worms now is ridiculous, since he left we won the F.A.Cup and had 5th place finishes, this seasons relegation has FA to do with sacking Ranieri.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Literally the only thing that numb the pain.

I keep championing this but imagine if Rodgers and Maddison were to end up at Spurs and this be the outcome.

:nigel:

• Like 1

Just now, Matt said:

I keep championing this but imagine if Rodgers and Maddison were to end up at Spurs and this be the outcome.

Failing to get Slot and seeing Pochettino go to the absolute bin fire at Chelsea, rather than make a return to just about the only club whose fanbase would welcome him with open arms, really should set alarm bells ringing. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

Failing to get Slot and seeing Pochettino go to the absolute bin fire at Chelsea, rather than make a return to just about the only club whose fanbase would welcome him with open arms, really should set alarm bells ringing. 

I wonder if Kane will just run his contract down.

Levy doesn't want to sell him to a PL rival and I imagine Kane will want to stay in the PL to have a crack at beating Shearer's record. 

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I wonder if Kane will just run his contract down.

Levy doesn't want to sell him to a PL rival and I imagine Kane will want to stay in the PL to have a crack at beating Shearer's record. 

He's pushing 30 now and has no trophies to show, and no prospect of winning anything of note next season with his current club.

His postmatch interview was fairly non-committal on Sunday too. If the right team comes in during the summer, he goes. I wouldn't be surprised to see Son start to get wanderlust either.

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

He's pushing 30 now and has no trophies to show, and no prospect of winning anything of note next season with his current club.

His postmatch interview was fairly non-committal on Sunday too. If the right team comes in during the summer, he goes. I wouldn't be surprised to see Son start to get wanderlust either.

Well that's my point - he's only got 1 year left, but Levy will still want a crazy fee, especially since he doesn't want to sell to a rival. But Kane most likely wants to go to a rival. 

So then Levy's pricing it at £100-£150m for a 30 year old with 1 year left. 

So most likely outcome is he stays and sees out that final year. 

6 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Sod all idea where to post this so I'm dumping it in here 

Were we on super Sunday at all this season??

Okay just thought Man Utd away, is that it??

Brighton away 5-2

44 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Sod all idea where to post this so I'm dumping it in here 

Were we on super Sunday at all this season??

Okay just thought Man Utd away, is that it??

Probably had more 3pm home games this season than we’ll get next time out 

28 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Decent number of comments are pretty fair imo.

Realisation that unless you're one of five or six clubs you are in danger of dropping. 

It's why I'm enjoying Notts Forest fans spaffing themselves over finishing two places and four points ahead of us. Every chance they go down next season and we go up. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

Opening the Ranieri can of worms now is ridiculous, since he left we won the F.A.Cup and had 5th place finishes, this seasons relegation has FA to do with sacking Ranieri.

This is exactly what would have happened that season had Claudio remained till the end. The lesson we should have taken is how early we made that call vs the dithering with Rodgers

Edited by HybridFox
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, dayday said:

On the fighting cock Spurs forum they have a thread on us called Come on Here to laugh at Leicester, they really don’t like us

They will never get over it.