Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

On 11/08/2021 at 19:03, StanSP said:

He was hardly going to play for Man City or Liverpool though, was he?

It's just a baseless comment and very ignorant of how well run we are as a club and how much we try to break in to that select group without spending £100m/£200m per summer. 

Not only does it look like a snipe at us, it's also a bit of a dig at Evans' integrity too.

'no disrespect to Leicester but...' is pretty much the equivalent of 'I'm not racist but...' or 'I'm not sexist but...' etc...

Jonny Evans: Man City have £18m bid for West Brom captain rejected - BBC Sport

They tried to buy him so he may well have ended up at Man City.

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Seriously if I were Jonny,.I would be gutted not to join Man City.

Shit happens and we move on.

As good as he is and has been for us. I still wouldn't put it past Pep to have binned him off after 1 mistake and gone and bought 3 more CB's for £200m 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

would love to read the thread on here about this. does anyone know where i’ll find it without having to go through 6,000 pages of threads about inflatable dinosaurs and preki?

Davieg was a little skeptical....

Posted 11 July 2010

I'm no Mandaric sycophant but this strikes me as out of the frying pan into the fire. Virtually all these takeovers just seem to land clubs with bigger and bigger debts with no guarantee of sustained progress as a club or business. But as fans I guess we just have to cross our fingers and hope they don't inflict any mortal wounds

9 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

Posted 11 July 2010

I'm no Mandaric sycophant but this strikes me as out of the frying pan into the fire. Virtually all these takeovers just seem to land clubs with bigger and bigger debts with no guarantee of sustained progress as a club or business. But as fans I guess we just have to cross our fingers and hope they don't inflict any mortal wounds

I was and with good reason because there were no examples of current takeovers where the club ended up in a better place.

We are a rare story even the likes of Chelsea & Man city have only excelled through chucking loads of money around where as we've balanced that with controlled investment coupled with organic growth. I couldn't be happier.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

Posted 11 July 2010

I think they are very fair words at the time. We massively lucked out with our owners, not because of their wealth or power or vision or footballing knowledge, but because of their humanity.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Seriously if I were Jonny,.I would be gutted not to join Man City.

Shit happens and we move on.

The churn of world class players coming and going at man City is such that this season a prime Raheem Sterling and Bernando Silva could be surplus to requirements. As good as he is it's highly likely that he would have been dropped for a new 60 million flavor of the month. If I was Johnny Evans I'd regret nothing. 

Here he's won silverware and earned a final lucrative contract that sees him being a high earner till well past has 35th birthday (and he will get another year too if Rodgers is still here). 

The lads on the Kick Off all got us finishing 5th again, which is a fair prediction. Actually, one or two of of them got us 4th but I think that's more of a hatred fot their rivals rather than belief in Leicester. 

11 minutes ago, Koke said:

The lads on the Kick Off all got us finishing 5th again, which is a fair prediction. Actually, one or two of of them got us 4th but I think that's more of a hatred fot their rivals rather than belief in Leicester. 

Rory Jennings is an absolute tool.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Koke said:

Harvey Barnes doesn't get injured, we get top 4, it really is that simple. Imagine mentioning Liverpool's injuries but conveniently ignoring ours to support your bullsh*t Brendan Rodgers theory.  

Also - "Everton are a humble club, their expectations are so low" Sorry what? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nobbyburton said:

Harvey Barnes doesn't get injured, we get top 4, it really is that simple. Imagine mentioning Liverpool's injuries but conveniently ignoring ours to support your bullsh*t Brendan Rodgers theory.  

That’s the problem when you get 4 people around a table who support those 4 teams, honestly don’t care / oblivious to any other side other than their own! Leicester would have finished top 4 twice without being absolutely ravaged by injuries.

14 minutes ago, Nobbyburton said:

That did make me laugh. Everton fans are the most obnoxious group in the Premier League. 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Rather sit in a public lav and listen to other blokes shit than hear what that toss pot "True Geordie" has to say.

I actually like these guys. Rory is the only twat amongst them. He has a personal vendetta against BR for some bizarre reason. 

Just now, don_danbury said:

he has some sort of agenda against rodgers and leicester. odd fellow

Ha! I just said this below. So odd though. He’s a Chelsea fan, right? So you’d assume he would like BR given he was a coach there. I don’t get it.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Stopped listening to these after they all started getting on their respective high horses about how they’re better than Sky Sports… all the while ignoring Leicester and talking ‘big 6’ until

they’re blue in the face.

Laurence McKenna and Rory Jennings are insufferable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Ha! I just said this below. So odd though. He’s a Chelsea fan, right? So you’d assume he would like BR given he was a coach there. I don’t get it.

he doesn't seem to like it when last season people were assuming leicester would get top 4. i don't think he likes it when people are praising us. which is strange considering he's a chelsea fan.

• Haha 1