Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

OK, I’ll try my best to get my people to stop saying “PKs” if you all stop calling a basketball rim a “ring.” Not sure we’ll be able to make progress on the other items brought up in this thread but I think that’s a fair compromize that shows goodwill from both parties. 

(obviously I know it’s “compromise” on both sides of the pond. 😜)

32 minutes ago, The_77 said:

OK, I’ll try my best to get my people to stop saying “PKs” if you all stop calling a basketball rim a “ring.” Not sure we’ll be able to make progress on the other items brought up in this thread but I think that’s a fair compromize that shows goodwill from both parties. 

(obviously I know it’s “compromise” on both sides of the pond. 😜)

I thought it was a hoop?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Christ that is classic Cundy, a comment designed to wind up Leicester and Spurs fans to generate fummin callers.

I'm not a snob about talkSPORT and think a great deal of their output is brilliant, but I have to admit Cundy is my Kryptonite.

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Been chatting to an Arsenal fan and he believes the only reason they finished behind us is because there was that one dodgy VAR decision in our game with them. He thinks that's the only reason. lol

If Aubamayang had scored his normal 20+ they would have been top four. They defended pretty well. He was probably weighed down by his enormous salary. This season who knows , he didn't play against Brentford and that must have given them a lift. If they are really that bad then everybody on here will be confident in doing the double over them I assume.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

There are some people where the only sensible option is to ignore their blatant clickbait.

19 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

They defended pretty well? What Arsenal were you watching? 

They were fourth for goals conceded - it’s not even a debate. It’s fact. 

• Like 1

Their first half of last season was pure banter obviously, but they were third in the form table for the second half of the season or something like that, and they went deep into the Europa League, so there were definitely some green shoots of recovery.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, StanSP said:

Been chatting to an Arsenal fan and he believes the only reason they finished behind us is because there was that one dodgy VAR decision in our game with them. He thinks that's the only reason. lol

All Arsenal fans thinks the FA are against them. All now saying that the appealed to the league for their game to be called off last week as they have 4 first teamers out with covid (they say 4 but 2 were Willian and Runarson) and if it was anyone else it would have been called off. 

20 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

If Aubamayang had scored his normal 20+ they would have been top four. They defended pretty well. He was probably weighed down by his enormous salary. This season who knows , he didn't play against Brentford and that must have given them a lift. If they are really that bad then everybody on here will be confident in doing the double over them I assume.

Brilliant post lol  

Out of the so called big 6 i am pretty sure if there was a poll the majority of Leicester fans would say we are most likely to do the double over Arsenal. 

Their transfer targets were...

upgrade Xaxha - They have done that by giving Xhaka a new contract, paying him more and making him captain?! 

Upgrade the defence - Released David Luiz replaced with 50m Ben White (who is a better DM than centre half) 

Upgrade their Right back - Not bothered doing that just stick Callum Chambers out there

Buy New Striker - Nope didnt do that will stick with what they have that is so obviously that Laccazette doesnt want to me there and Aubamayang hasnt done anything for 18 months 

Update Odergaard with Maddison - Narhh we will just buy Odergaard even though their best player currently and there new number 10 is pretty much their BEST player.

Buy Ramsdale (not done yet but will be) which i think could be OK he is a good keeper but 30m better than Leno?? 10 mill better than Martinez who they released? Definitely not plus there fans are sending him and his misses Death Threats!  

140m for basically a the same team as last year  

They will get torn a new one by a few teams this year probably starting on Sunday and will be the same the week after. 

But dont worry they have Conte lined up to take over?! course they do! if Conte wanted that job he would have it now. Arteta goes they will end with some foreign manager that has won his league or at least a trophy in the past 2 seasons when they should be looking at the likes of Potter but he is not fashionable enough for their fans. 

Basically they are a mess and its what happens when you have someone like Edu signing your players and you know what i absolutely love it as they have one of the worst fans basis in the world! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Brilliant post lol  

Out of the so called big 6 i am pretty sure if there was a poll the majority of Leicester fans would say we are most likely to do the double over Arsenal. 

Their transfer targets were...

upgrade Xaxha - They have done that by giving Xhaka a new contract, paying him more and making him captain?! 

Upgrade the defence - Released David Luiz replaced with 50m Ben White (who is a better DM than centre half) 

Upgrade their Right back - Not bothered doing that just stick Callum Chambers out there

Buy New Striker - Nope didnt do that will stick with what they have that is so obviously that Laccazette doesnt want to me there and Aubamayang hasnt done anything for 18 months 

Update Odergaard with Maddison - Narhh we will just buy Odergaard even though their best player currently and there new number 10 is pretty much their BEST player.

Buy Ramsdale (not done yet but will be) which i think could be OK he is a good keeper but 30m better than Leno?? 10 mill better than Martinez who they released? Definitely not plus there fans are sending him and his misses Death Threats!  

140m for basically a the same team as last year  

They will get torn a new one by a few teams this year probably starting on Sunday and will be the same the week after. 

But dont worry they have Conte lined up to take over?! course they do! if Conte wanted that job he would have it now. Arteta goes they will end with some foreign manager that has won his league or at least a trophy in the past 2 seasons when they should be looking at the likes of Potter but he is not fashionable enough for their fans. 

Basically they are a mess and its what happens when you have someone like Edu signing your players and you know what i absolutely love it as they have one of the worst fans basis in the world! 

Remind me of the score last time we played them.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Remind me of the score last time we played them.

We beat them away and lost at home.

What's the point you're getting at ? 

If you were given our squad or their squad who's would you pick?? 

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

We beat them away and lost at home.

What's the point you're getting at ? 

If you were given our squad or their squad who's would you pick?? 

I refuse to slag any team off, no matter how bad their fans are. They always kick your arse if you do. I support Leicester and our squad., Arsenal are none of my business. All I said was their defence conceded the third fewest goals in the PL last season.