Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

10 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I refuse to slag any team off, no matter how bad their fans are. They always kick your arse if you do. I support Leicester and our squad., Arsenal are none of my business. All I said was their defence conceded the third fewest goals in the PL last season.

This was last season. They have nothing new this season that would pose any threat to at least the top 4 

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

This was last season. They have nothing new this season that would pose any threat to at least the top 4 

He didn't claim they did. He claimed that (yes, last season) 'If Aubamayang had scored his normal 20+ they would have been top four'

The had the third best defence in terms of goals conceded, and Aubameyang scoring 10 or more goals (not an outlandish proposition given he scored 22 in both the previous ones) would probably have made up the 6 point difference with Chelsea. 

The OP has posted his fair share of weird gear (and I've commented on it more than once) but I for one hadn't realised how well their defence had done - I found his comment to be an interesting angle. Certainly the 'click bait' comments are pretty low

43 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

He didn't claim they did. He claimed that (yes, last season) 'If Aubamayang had scored his normal 20+ they would have been top four'

The had the third best defence in terms of goals conceded, and Aubameyang scoring 10 or more goals (not an outlandish proposition given he scored 22 in both the previous ones) would probably have made up the 6 point difference with Chelsea. 

The OP has posted his fair share of weird gear (and I've commented on it more than once) but I for one hadn't realised how well their defence had done - I found his comment to be an interesting angle. Certainly the 'click bait' comments are pretty low

But Turt, the 'if x had y' argument is the most pointless and redundant one in football, and indeed life. He didn't, so it's irrelevant.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

But Turt, the 'if x had y' argument is the most pointless and redundant one in football, and indeed life. He didn't, so it's irrelevant.

We're going to have to a to d over counterfactuals, but then I've got two compendiums of them, so clearly a dweeb where they're concerned. 

And no, it wasn't 'might the UK have excused itself from WW1', but Arsenal being a 'normal Aubemayang season' off top four was an eye opener to me (which is really me saying he opened my eyes to how stingy their defence was last year).

Edited by turtmcfly

6 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

From the Guardian’s live-bloggy match coverage thingy…

“…a title race which has the potential to be the most competitive of recent times and maybe of all-time. Yes, that’s an absolutely ridiculous thing to type – it’s been a brutal morning on the Sunny D – but Chelsea, Liverpool, Leicester, Man United and Man City are all good enough to challenge, not just the best teams in England but among the best teams anywhere.”

Spot the odd one out in that list of five clubs?

We are witnessing days most of us never ever thought were possible. Every time I see this scene from Full Metal Jacket I think of us and Arsenal :-)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil Bowman said:

From the Guardian’s live-bloggy match coverage thingy…

“…a title race which has the potential to be the most competitive of recent times and maybe of all-time. Yes, that’s an absolutely ridiculous thing to type – it’s been a brutal morning on the Sunny D – but Chelsea, Liverpool, Leicester, Man United and Man City are all good enough to challenge, not just the best teams in England but among the best teams anywhere.”

Spot the odd one out in that list of five clubs?

Is it Liverpool because none of their kit options this season are blue?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Our defender injury crisis aside, I might think Top 4 could be doable this season. But with Fofana out for much/all of the season and Evans becoming more of a Morgan style backup I just don't see it. I think we'll drop too many points. 

And of course, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea all have improved squads. I really can't see us finishing above any of them. Maybe we can finish above Liverpool or win the Europa. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Our defender injury crisis aside, I might think Top 4 could be doable this season. But with Fofana out for much/all of the season and Evans becoming more of a Morgan style backup I just don't see it. I think we'll drop too many points. 

And of course, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea all have improved squads. I really can't see us finishing above any of them. Maybe we can finish above Liverpool or win the Europa

I think we're going to go all out to win that, even if it means putting out weaker teams for the PL in the latter stage of the season (provided we're well out the race for the top 4 obviously).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

And of course, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea all have improved squads. I really can't see us finishing above any of them. Maybe we can finish above Liverpool or win the Europa. 

I think top 4 is going to be to tough this season, without being negative the last 2 seasons throwing it away will be all the more bitter pill to swallow, I think Chelsea Man City, Liverpool and even untied will be easy 10 points ahead going into the last 3 games 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

I think we're going to go all out to win that, even if it means putting out weaker teams for the PL in the latter stage of the season (provided we're well out the race for the top 4 obviously).

I think as fans that's what we'd like to see. However, each Premier League place is worth big money so will be prioritised. 

6 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I think as fans that's what we'd like to see. However, each Premier League place is worth big money so will be prioritised. 

This is true, I definitely what I want us to prioritise Europe, so hard it's hard to be particularly balanced on this one for me. However, is the prize money between 5th and 8th huge though? According to the below article qualifying for the group stage earns 15mill euro (plus extras dependant on performance). Not to mention the prestige of King Power having their club in the most prestigious competition of club football.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/how-much-prize-money-champions-league-2020-21-winners-get/1hkpcgs22bt851tusgowvd71rn 

6 hours ago, Kingleicester said:

I think top 4 is going to be to tough this season, without being negative the last 2 seasons throwing it away will be all the more bitter pill to swallow, I think Chelsea Man City, Liverpool and even untied will be easy 10 points ahead going into the last 3 games 

Every Time someone says we threw Top 4 away...I will return with no we didnt...!!

• Like 2