Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

On 02/09/2021 at 12:21, Carl the Llama said:

Whenever Phil posts an article on any subject I wonder how he's become the chief football writer, never produced anything of value that I'm aware of

Most big football journalism roles are held by napkins. The better writers tend to freelance or work for The Athletic, but aren't strongly connected to particular club.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Must be done on squad value. Brighton's squad is enormous.

It's a typo isn't it? Should be Everton.

I think it was in this thread where we were discussing the rights and wrong of eating penguins; and it got me wondering what they taste like. I found this; which is hugely contradictory.

As far a taste goes, you can expect most penguins to taste like beef or oily chicken. Some individuals have described the taste as fishy. A lot of people do like to mix the meat with beef, fish, and duck. Whatever your preference is, the way you cook the meat can have an impact on the way that it’ll taste as well.

So in conclusion; penguins taste like beef, oily chicken and fish. How can they taste of all three?

So, would you lot eat penguins if they were available in your local butcher? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I think it was in this thread where we were discussing the rights and wrong of eating penguins; and it got me wondering what they taste like. I found this; which is hugely contradictory.

As far a taste goes, you can expect most penguins to taste like beef or oily chicken. Some individuals have described the taste as fishy. A lot of people do like to mix the meat with beef, fish, and duck. Whatever your preference is, the way you cook the meat can have an impact on the way that it’ll taste as well.

So in conclusion; penguins taste like beef, oily chicken and fish. How can they taste of all three?

Bit like a few of the ladies from Coventry then.

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Apparently there are lots of Penguins in Wales 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/09/09/no-longer-going-war-without-gun-inside-story-norwichs-11-new/

This article is about Norwich but there's a very interesting paragraph in it:

Mathias Normann was another midfielder to sign, joining on loan from Russian club Rostov, and the Norwegian is already highly regarded in the Premier League: he was close to signing for Leicester in January until Rostov torpedoed the deal shortly before the deadline. 

Interesting news because I don't think we ever heard anything about it. There was no thread for him on the Transfer forums as far as I can remember.