Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

"Norwich have changed tack and signed 11 players for a total of £45 million"

So....not even £5 million per player.

Doesn't sound like 'changing tack' to me.

They've lost Godfrey/Lewis/Buendia since they were last in this league.

Their squad has more depth, but it's irrelevant when their first 11 has far less quality.

All 3 players they've sold in the last 2 years, would walk straight into the team.

They've sold £75 million of players, and brought in no quality whatsoever. 

Just been listening to the Friday Night Social show on Radio 5 Live. It's supposedly the preview show for the weekend PL games.  First hour was about Man U, mainly Ronaldo, no mention of their opponents, Newcastle. Then we had 15 minutes on Arsenal v Norwich; well, 15 minutes on Arsenal. Then they came to our match for 10 minutes - all of which apart from one sentence at the end was about 'City'. How is this analysis? Nothing about our injuries, how we might set up, etc. I know I shouldn't care but I'm busy cooking a curry so thought I'd listen to the radio. That was a mistake, joke really.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Just been listening to the Friday Night Social show on Radio 5 Live. It's supposedly the preview show for the weekend PL games.  First hour was about Man U, mainly Ronaldo, no mention of their opponents, Newcastle. Then we had 15 minutes on Arsenal v Norwich; well, 15 minutes on Arsenal. Then they came to our match for 10 minutes - all of which apart from one sentence at the end was about 'City'. How is this analysis? Nothing about our injuries, how we might set up, etc. I know I shouldn't care but I'm busy cooking a curry so thought I'd listen to the radio. That was a mistake, joke really.

I was just going to listen to that, but I can't take another love fest of Ronaldo and man u like last week. Sickening. 

59 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Mainstream media guidelines when it comes to coverage of football

1. Ensure focus remains entirely on Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or Man City
  2. If none of the above are playing focus on Tottenham
  3. If Tottenham are not playing talk about brand superstars playing for the team highlighted in point 1
  4. Focus on upcoming fixtures for clubs in point 1
  5. Focus on upcoming fixtures for Tottenham
  6. Commercial break
  7. Discuss some other clubs

And also how other Clubs better players, would benefit playing for the teams in Point 1 above, and Spurs.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-bernardo-silva-leicester-21546125

Bernardo Silva brands Leicester as one of Premier League's best teams after Man City win
Manchester City overcame Leicester City to claim a 1-0 victory at the King Power Stadium

ByDaniel MurphyFootball writer
18:09, 11 SEP 2021
SPORT

Bernardo Silva of Manchester City celebrates his goal (Image: Matt McNulty - Manchester City/Manchester City FC via Getty Images)

Bernardo Silva has lavished Leicester City with praise after Manchester City's narrow 1-0 victory at the King Power Stadium.

City made it three wins in succession on Saturday with a fine performance following the international break, one that should have seen them score more than just the one goal which was tapped home by Bernardo.

But despite City's control of the ball, the Foxes still had plenty of chances themselves, especially with Harvey Barnes hitting the bar and Jamie Vardy having a great goal (correctly) disallowed for off-side.

The hard-fought win will be a great boost to the Blues as they embark on a difficult run of fixtures which will see them go onto face RB Leipzig, Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain and Liverpool in the next month.

The match-winner sang the praises of Leciester following the game.

"They also had their chances. It's a very tough team to play against. Leicester, for me, are one of the best teams in the league," Bernardo said.

"We should have scored a little bit earlier in the first half but we got the three points and in a very tough place to play. We are very happy with the win.

"I always try to do my best to help the team and today I was able to with a goal so I'm very, very happy with that.

Fair play to him for that. The way he celebrated showed you they knew this was a tough game. 

Him and Grealish were very good even if the latter spurned a great opportunity. 

On 11/09/2021 at 19:46, Manini said:

Ah okay I get it now. As long as they win we’re class, pump them 5-2 at their own gaff and we’re a bunch of footballing Charlatans. I don’t mind Silva, and I’m sure he’s not just playing the game in this interview, but it’s clear him and Rodri haven’t shared notes. 

I was going to say this. There's nothing more insulting in football than a bit of praise off Pep or his players. It's so hollow and they turn into a right bunch of bitter bastards when it doesn't go their way.

I'm happy with our performance on Saturday but I can't wait for the next time we beat them and get told we're a backwards, anti football shit show who are worse than Wimbledon in the 90s. 

Edited by Danizen
  • Like 4

https://www.footballinsider247.com/hackett-reveals-who-is-to-blame-as-leicester-city-break-major-premier-league-rule/

Hackett reveals who is to blame as Leicester City break major Premier League rule
The Leicester City marketing department are likely to blame after the club broke Premier League rules against Man City this weekend.

That is the view of ex-FIFA and Premier League referee Keith Hackett, speaking exclusively to Football Insider after Kasper Schmeichel’s kit clashed with that of Paul Tierney.

The Leicester goalkeeper and Tierney both wore black kits as Man City narrowly won 1-0.

As quoted by Goal, Premier League rules state: “Each participating club shall wear a strip which is of a sufficient contrast that match officials.”

Asked why this was ignored at the King Power Stadium, Hackett told Football Insider correspondent Connor Whitley: “The problem that the referee has got at the Premier League level is that the Premier League marketing departments determine the colours.

“They do this for the media and often they put the referee in a difficult position.

“The laws of the game are quite clear. That is there has to be five different colours on the field of play. We’re looking at shirts and stockings, not shorts.

“In that sense, the goalkeeper to be wearing black and for the referee to be wearing black is a no-no. We see it week in, week out. I get loads of correspondence on it.

“That’s why the referee at the highest level is provided with shirts of different colours. At grassroots level, the Football Association restrict the colours you can wear and they want to wear black.

“It’s all marketing. They just want to sell strips. The marketing guys like dark colours because the logos of the main sponsors stand out.”

On 11/09/2021 at 20:38, davieG said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-bernardo-silva-leicester-21546125

Bernardo Silva brands Leicester as one of Premier League's best teams after Man City win
Manchester City overcame Leicester City to claim a 1-0 victory at the King Power Stadium

ByDaniel MurphyFootball writer
18:09, 11 SEP 2021
SPORT

Bernardo Silva of Manchester City celebrates his goal (Image: Matt McNulty - Manchester City/Manchester City FC via Getty Images)

Bernardo Silva has lavished Leicester City with praise after Manchester City's narrow 1-0 victory at the King Power Stadium.

City made it three wins in succession on Saturday with a fine performance following the international break, one that should have seen them score more than just the one goal which was tapped home by Bernardo.

But despite City's control of the ball, the Foxes still had plenty of chances themselves, especially with Harvey Barnes hitting the bar and Jamie Vardy having a great goal (correctly) disallowed for off-side.

The hard-fought win will be a great boost to the Blues as they embark on a difficult run of fixtures which will see them go onto face RB Leipzig, Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain and Liverpool in the next month.

The match-winner sang the praises of Leciester following the game.

"They also had their chances. It's a very tough team to play against. Leicester, for me, are one of the best teams in the league," Bernardo said.

"We should have scored a little bit earlier in the first half but we got the three points and in a very tough place to play. We are very happy with the win.

"I always try to do my best to help the team and today I was able to with a goal so I'm very, very happy with that.

Cheers Bernado but show us the same energy when we beat you by 4 or 5 goals next time. You probably won't. 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Does anyone have access to this video?

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-outstanding-training-ground-5911400

Rival Fans make ‘outstanding’ Leicester City admission as new training ground video emerges
City have given another look around the Seagrave training centre on social media to catch the eyes of rival fans.

ByAmie Wilson
17:52, 13 SEP 2021

Rival fans have again been showing their admiration for Leicester City following the emergence of a video on social media.

The footage, shared by City on social media platform TikTok, gives fans another look at the Seagrave training ground, which opened last season.

The £100m state-of-the-art facility has been used by the City squad since halfway through the 2020/21 season, after moving out of former home of Belvoir Drive.

The current season will be the first full campaign where the centre will be used by Brendan Rodgers ' squad.

The facility includes a number of outdoor pitches, including a show pitch, which will allow spectators in for the first time tonight (Monday) as fans are able to watch City’s under-23s team take on Crystal Palace.

The facilities on offer make the centre one of the best in world football, and the video showing off just some of the training ground has clearly caught the eye of rival fans.

Here is what just some had to say about City’s development under the ownership of King Power.

Andrew Ennis (Man Utd fan) : A well run football club. That is outstanding

Mark (Arsenal fan ): They won the league then really went to working on improving the infrastructure of the club and academy. This is what and how you run a club. Wait till they start spending on players

Ashley (West Ham fan) : This is what ambition truly looks like.

I'm not talking about the manager or the players, but the ownership backing the club in any way possible to gain an advantage.

Well played, Leicester.

Talk Crystal Palace : Yeah they mean business
Scott Eaglen : If I’m a player, debating on whether to go to Leicester, this sells it for me.

Derek : Best run club in the country

Dan Castell : Leicester have the best owners in the world this is incredible

Talk to Frank (Man Utd fan ): This is how you run a football club. Absolutely incredible stuff

JNUFC (Newcastle fan) : This is what ambition looks like a progressive club that improves every season

Gilles (Arsenal fan) : This is the sort of stuff that impresses prospective targets.

It shows that your club are investing in the best, state-of-the-art facilities, making your working environment the envy of the league.

https://streamable.com/7fuip6

• Thanks 1