Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Daily Mail, so take it with a pinch of etc, but it suggests that the move to Seagrave has not been good for the spirit at the club....

'Why are the foxes falling flat?'

I think this article his the nail on the head and this season will be a bit of a transition with the new training centre and while we wait to get players back fit and get the new signings to click. 

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Daily Mail, so take it with a pinch of etc, but it suggests that the move to Seagrave has not been good for the spirit at the club....

'Why are the foxes falling flat?'

Might sound daft but can we get the monks in to give the place a spiritual blessing? It’s a soulless, new build at the start and seemed to work magic at the KP 🤷‍♂️ 

19 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Our premier league win is referenced by Richard Dormer in the opening scene of the new series of COBRA on Sky Atlantic!

can you post a link, is it on youtube anywhere? also is the series any good?

On 15/10/2021 at 10:56, eblair said:

can you post a link, is it on youtube anywhere? also is the series any good?

It's on Sky and Amazon Prime I think. It only was released yesterday.

6 part drama about a cyber attack on the UK and the government's response to it. Was ok, a bit fanciful. Alright if you're into that sort of apocolyptical fiction.

On 16/10/2021 at 06:32, OntarioFox said:

he's mental and I love it

Imagine a Netflix series where he and Wasilewski go on a road trip in a Lada

if ever  we fell from Grace, fell down the premier league and got relegated, I want it done  with Wasyl as our manager and Benny assistant manager. 

might aswell enjoy the ride as it happens, eh?

Premier League Great - You'll never sing that

I know it's a Ghanaian source but I came over all peculiar when I realised Leicester were being referred to as a PLG.

This was followed by disappointment when I saw the other was Arsenal.:cool:

https://ghanasoccernet.com/premier-elyounoussi-two-premier-league-greats-trying-to-sign

• Haha 1

On 18/10/2021 at 09:46, davieG said:

https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-premier-league-winners-losers-leicester-top-salah-firmino-newcastle-losers-solskjaer

Winners

Leicester City
Because this felt an endorsement of everyone. Brendan Rodgers had endured his toughest spell at Leicester but after beating each of the supposed Big Six last season, he proved that ability has not deserted him. Caglar Soyuncu had started the campaign in car-crash form but looked better alongside Jonny Evans and showed he retains the knack of scoring against Manchester United. Youri Tielemans’ performance level had slipped since he was named Leicester’s player of the year but, as in the FA Cup final, he showed he can deliver spectacular strikes when it matters. Jamie Vardy’s first Premier League goal came in a 5-3 win against United in 2014; seven years on, he put Leicester ahead against them again with his 125th. The summer signing Patson Daka opened his City account with the fourth. In Daka and Ayoze Perez, Rodgers brought on two substitutes who made telling contributions.

Factor in some fine saves by Kasper Schmeichel and James Maddison’s best performance of the season and positives abounded. The 4-2 win over United was a triumph of spirit as well as of Rodgers’ 3-4-1-2 formation. Leicester seemed to have their hunger, pace and pressing game back. And when they play like that, it explains why they have beaten their supposed superiors so often.

I didnt even realise we did that, excellent

• Like 1