Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

Guest Kopfkino
6 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

How many saves did Schmeichel have to make yesterday? For a team that seems utterly convinced they deserved to win, they didn't seem to create many chances.

This happens all the time with newly promoted teams that have a half decent start to the season where you’re not actually very good but think you’re the dogs bollocks. Dare say we were the same. I get why they think they deserved more, we were so poor first half but they didn’t get what they think they deserved cos they didn’t create much. And once the initial adrenaline and surprise wears off, they get found out by savvy teams that have been there and got the t-shirt.

Tbh Brentford in particular really the grate on me. When I used to live in London I went to their games a few times. Great to watch but even then their fans were annoying thinking they were gonna go up and be one of the great footballing sides in the country coupled with being as dull as Reading fans. Now they’ve turned themselves into a fashionable Burnley (if they played in the NW in a crumbling stadium it would get called out as such) - lob the ball into the box, play %s, run around a bit. 

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There’s only been a couple of journos as well point out that their investment/owner runs a company which provides all the data for bookmakers and then also runs a betting exchange. Bit of an uneasy relationship there 

Who, Newcastle?

Sure Brighton & Brentford already do this

9 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Someone got paid for putting that together. :blink:

Sure Mr Glazer that'll just be £250m.  Will you be paying by cash or card?  lol

£250m? They paid a third of that for Maguire alone. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

£250m? They paid a third of that for Maguire alone. lol

How well do journalist get paid these days, as I could write that sort of crap all day. 😂 

To buy 5 of our players, I think you’d be closer to £350m. Rodgers buy out alone would be £15m? 

• Like 1

OK, rather than me drawing a figure out of the air, let's see what the amount would be if we tried to be optimistic.

Vardy £25m (he's IS knocking on)

Tielemans £100m (contract running out)

Madders £50m

Fofana £100m (better than Maguire) 

Ricardo (if he passes the med) £50m

Rodgers £25m

Total 350m

Joel, you are going to have to fetch Avram with *his* credit card, too.  lol

Edited by Vacamion

So, Man United have had a massive vulnerability at DM for a while - get Rodgers, spend (another) quarter of a billion, then make Youri play DM on his todd and watch Man United fans lose their shit when they realise he isn't going to bust a lung running round doing 80 tackles a game. They are making stuff up, and they can't even be arsed to make up a Ndidi rumour. Genius.