Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?391022-An-Irrational-Hatred-of-Leicester-City

Wow I had no idea we were so offensive to some. Particularly like us being called a 'meh club' by a Brighton fan lol

Every club has a few fans that between them hate nearly every other club, we have them. They always come out of the woodwork when they've just been beaten.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?391022-An-Irrational-Hatred-of-Leicester-City

Wow I had no idea we were so offensive to some. Particularly like us being called a 'meh club' by a Brighton fan lol

Still everyone conveniently forgets how crap we were after we got relegated again in 2004 and then how we got relegated in 2008 :dunno:

22 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

always liked brighton and still do; one of first games i remember is 2003 when we celebrated (maybe won promotion) against them

like this from one of them tbf:

"They’re certainly the closest thing to a real life Harchester United, aren’t they? Helicopter crashes, 5000/1 title wins, star striker signed from non-league, Wagatha Christie, youth team sex scandals, the list goes on.

An interesting coincidence given that Leicester were generally the team used to create the footage for Harchester’s games."

will certainly take being most exciting club to follow in world football (obviously excluding the helicopter crash)

Just now, Fox in the North said:

Still everyone conveniently forgets how crap we were after we got relegated again in 2004 and then how we got relegated in 2008 :dunno:

They see the now rather than the shit we trawled through to get here.

Also, the helicopter crash comment on that making us relevant is pretty poor in taste

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Brighton are the smallest club in the PL, except for maybe Brentford. We probably are a meh club in the mold of Wolves and West Ham, but most neutrals have us in their ideal Premier League. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I'm afraid that one of them does have a point though...

"Goal music and those clackers every game though... Awful."

They'd have much more of a point if their own home atmosphere wasn't complete dogshit. I'm not even sure how it's possible that they have prawn sandwich brigades in every stand given that they're not a London club and have never had any glory whatsoever in their history.

Reading-on-Sea - best ignored.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Yeah we effectively received our punishment then.

No one really moans about Southampton using admin to clear debt, sell to a wealthy benefactor and subsequently go up twice in two years. All because they got a fifteen point deduction. We end up in some purgatory of being able to afford **** all and carrying the can for five years eventually 

Palace aren’t too dis-similar either 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

9 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

They'd have much more of a point if their own home atmosphere wasn't complete dogshit. I'm not even sure how it's possible that they have prawn sandwich brigades in every stand given that they're not a London club and have never had any glory whatsoever in their history.

Reading-on-Sea - best ignored.

All that doesn't detract from our own dreadful "goal music and those clackers every game though". I agree with the post. Awful. 

54 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I had a quick look as I'm  trying to avoid work atm. 

I saw mention of a thread of them admiring a hot female city fan, lol. Not something I'd associate with ol' 🌈 Stonewall FC ...

(.....sits back and awaits FT do gooders to go into panic mode)

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

All that doesn't detract from our own dreadful "goal music and those clackers every game though". I agree with the post. Awful. 

Well I don't disagree. Whilst I'd ultimately rather not have it, I don't get as vexed as many about goal music (you see the same people crying about it who also rim the atmospheres in German football where many teams have goal music) but the decision to not only resume it having stopped doing it but to use This Girl was baffling and it does need to go. I didn't mind Fire if we were going to have goal music because at least it was vaguely original and the song had a connection to the club and city, but for obvious reasons it would be very inappropriate now.

The clappers really should be opt-in rather than automatic now. Put them in the family stand and have boxes of them at the doors in the other stands.

• Like 2

If it helps these people to get through the day, then let them vent. The inescapable truth is that we've had the most exciting ride as a fanbase over the last 10 years or so, compared to pretty much any club in world football.

That is bound to elicit envy amongst fans of other "meh" clubs, who'll likely never get to experience such high highs in their lifetime as a fan as we have at LCFC.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Why would you be bother by what Napoli fans think, their behaviour is terrible and they cause trouble everywhere they go. 

I don't - and I'm aware of that. It wasn't the Napoli fans per se, it was merely that the shite music was there as an opportunity to take the piss out of. If this was another club, this forum would be lampooning them too, for the same reason. Dreadful, tasteless and tacky. I completely agree with @ealingfox that Kasabian sounded far better and had a local connection/meaning and affiliation with the club. The current choice is banal, asinine, completely lacking in identity and above all, utterly humiliating. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Is it utterly cringeworthy? The song is synonymous with one of our greatest nights ever vs Sevilla, and we can't use "fire" or other Kasabian songs for obvious reasons. 

The clappers are fine imo - you know it's Leicester when you hear them and makes our atmosphere unique from others. Bit like the drum too, or Pompey with their bells. 

Completely disagree with you. And why is it synonymous with the CL victory over Sevilla in particular? I'm pretty sure that isn't why it has been chosen, nor does it have that meaning to 99% of people in the ground today. 

In terms of clappers, t doesn't make our atmosphere unique in the slightest - other than the fact that other clubs have briefly used them and unlike us, sensibly discarded them. Pompey don't "have their bells" - you are referring to John 'Portsmouth Football Club' Westwood who for years has insisted on bringing one. It's no more part of the club's identity than his decision to wear clown shoes and a blue and white stovepipe hat for God's sake - (although if you play as/against Portsmouth or visit Fratton on FIFA, they have hilariously incorporated it). One bizarre individual with a bell is hardly comparable or analogous to our decision to persist with the distribution of tacky clappers every game that were also used by other clubs before us. 

Edited by Line-X

I just don't understand why they need to produce clappers for every game and in every stand tbh.

Maybe encourage people to reuse them?

Firstly, so there isn't the unnecessary waste and secondly, those that are that keen to use them will be able to bring them back if they wanted to. 

Like for the kids in the family stand or those that have a Saturday 3pm happy clapping robot setting* 

*subject to BBC, Sky Sport and BT Sports TV broadcast picks.