Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

If you went to the Sevilla game you'd know why, it was played around the stadium in the immediate aftermath of the win whilst people stayed in the stadium. I thought it was why it was chosen? Maybe I'm wrong but seems logical to me.

I am aware about the geezer from Pompey, I was referring to the noise more than anything and the fact other fans sometimes get involved with their own, too. Oh well, I think clappers  alright and you don't. Is what it is. Personally think it would be weird to hear the atmosphere without them now.  I just don't get how they degrade anything or are tacky - it's cool for the kids to collect and as @Finnegansays, gets people who wouldn't typically help the atmosphere involved.

It started at the Porto away game. They were using it as goal music themselves, and because we lost 5-0 our end had become accustomed to hearing it and were singing it sarcastically by the end.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I don't - and I'm aware of that. It wasn't the Napoli fans per se, it was merely that the shite music was there as an opportunity to take the piss out of. If this was another club, this forum would be lampooning them too, for the same reason. Dreadful, tasteless and tacky. I completely agree with @ealingfox that Kasabian sounded far better and had a local connection/meaning and affiliation with the club. The current choice is banal, asinine, completely lacking in identity and above all, utterly humiliating. 

Fair enough.

I go to every home game and i couldn't tell you what the goal music is, I must just block it out.  

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?391022-An-Irrational-Hatred-of-Leicester-City

Wow I had no idea we were so offensive to some. Particularly like us being called a 'meh club' by a Brighton fan lol

"a meh football club that would have remained quite meh if it wasnt for that PL win" and "And a helicopter crash".

Are them two posters ok?

At least they've got their 1983 FA Cup runners up medal to fall back on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brooksy said:

They'll be back in League 1 where they belong soon enough. They might win something then.

They won’t though. Tony Bloom is one of the more switched on owners in the league. They’ll be a decent mid table side  (if not better) for years to come.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stadt said:

They won’t though. Tony Bloom is one of the more switched on owners in the league. They’ll be a decent mid table side  (if not better) for years to come.

Generally quite a well run club. He made the unpopular decision (with people outside Brighton) of sacking Chris Hughton and look how well that has worked for them. 

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

Generally quite a well run club. He made the unpopular decision (with people outside Brighton) of sacking Chris Hughton and look how well that has worked for them. 

Careful what you wish brigade mudded again

5 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

If any other club did half the PR stuff that we did, we'd rightly take the piss too.

Imagine if Derby used clappers before us.

I don't and wouldn't even give it a passing thought, more interested in what happens on the pitch. 

As look as there is an atmosphere in the ground I'm watching it in.

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?391022-An-Irrational-Hatred-of-Leicester-City

Wow I had no idea we were so offensive to some. Particularly like us being called a 'meh club' by a Brighton fan lol

By "irrational hatred" I just read "rational jealousy".

They're a club that have won litteraly nothing and played at an athletics stadium for a good period on their history.

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 4

Some of the PR stuff such as clappers, Vardy masks, goal music etc. obviously leaves us open to ridicule. However, I would say in terms of what we have experienced over the past twenty-five years or so we are the furthest thing possible from a 'meh club'. 

• Like 1

To be honest the more “irrational hatred” we get from fans of other teams is a good indication that we’re doing something right.

I bet there wasn’t much hatred towards us when we were in League One and, since 2016, we’ve been the club that everyone outside the greedy six is striving to be. 

Brighton are a good club who, like us, have elevated themselves beyond their traditional level. Good on them, but they’re probably looking at us (and others) as their next competitors if they’re ever going to achieve anything more than where they’re currently at. 

• Like 1

Went into Administration October 2002....cheated our way to winning the Premier League in 2016.:D

A cunning plan that had us go through three different owners (including the administrators), languishing in the bottom half of the Championship playing turgid football  for years, a spell in League One, a couple of play off heartbreaks and a miraculous great escape the season before, an absolute genius thought that one up. :appl:

The Keyboard Clowns are still out there ;)

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't and wouldn't even give it a passing thought, more interested in what happens on the pitch. 

As look as there is an atmosphere in the ground I'm watching it in.

That's fair and so are most of us. Good atmosphere enhances your match-day experience. I'm just talking what you'd associate with clubs and their stadiums / fans. 

I looked across to the Family Stand and saw a few lads just mindlessly whacking their clapper against their leg. I just don't get it.

Family Stand fair enough, but it's around the whole ground. Feels more Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway than it does football.

Edited by RonnieTodger

@Voll Blau @Plastik Man

I imagine neither of you got involved celebrating along with the music at full time last night like the rest of the stadium seemed to then?

People very obviously still get up and celebrate when we score, but then the music keeps it going longer than it normally would because people then sing along to it.

Literally listen when we score goals in the below video, people celebrate when we score and then keep it going as people then sing along to the song.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Could not be arsed one way or the other what other fans think of us.

Our goal music and the clappers gets people involved that usually wouldn’t and If we got rid of them the atmosphere would be even quieter and worse and you would still be on here again moaning

Getting rid of them would bring 0 benefit to the atmosphere, but would maybe stop some little kids on twitter trying to take the piss

If it bothers you that much wear some ear plugs so you don’t have to listen to it, and I am also pretty sure you don’t HAVE to use the clappers, if the majority of the stadium uses them, it is because THEY want to.

Sorry, disagree. It's cringeworthy. 

I don't use the clappers and the majority of the stadium use them simply because they are there. The music is more akin to the "little kids on twitter" that you refer. Awful. 

2000 stories over Clappers,musc..singing..couldnt Really  give a damn..!!

Performances,Results...players Form & depth of character, when going up & down the Scales of success.

The Football side is the only topic, where I Care to get involved...I

Soap-opera statements, immature tit-for-tat banter, clickbait chases pressuming serious diallog..

Live cant be that serious, to even lose Time or Stress over such nonsense & tripe...

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

If you went to the Sevilla game you'd know why, it was played around the stadium in the immediate aftermath of the win whilst people stayed in the stadium. I thought it was why it was chosen? Maybe I'm wrong but seems logical to me.

I am aware about the geezer from Pompey, I was referring to the noise more than anything and the fact other fans sometimes get involved with their own, too. Oh well, I think clappers are alright and you don't. Is what it is. Personally think it would be weird to hear the atmosphere without them now.  I just don't get how they degrade anything or are tacky - it's cool for the kids to collect and as @Finnegansays, gets people who wouldn't typically help the atmosphere involved.

I did go to the Sevilla game - one of the best atmospheres I've experienced at the KP (and I'm not referring to clappers). See Ealing Fox's post.

Portsmouth supporters are an (in)-breed apart, arguably the most fervent but neanderthal fans in the entire league. They don't need props or gimmicks and no, you referred to "bells" at Pompey in terms of identity - not the atmosphere itself. 

Yeah, I get that kids collect them and it gets people involved. It's not as you say in anyway unique though, and in my opinion, it sounds contrived and irritating.