Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

On 28/10/2021 at 23:28, ajthefox said:

I find a lot of the last few pages a bit baffling really.

Personally, I'm not a massive fan of goal music and I'm less of a fan of the clappers. I think they're horrifically wasteful (no matter what they're made of) and although they were once a real benefit, I think at this point any benefit to the atmosphere is minimal and I'm sure at times they may well curtail chants.

With that said, I'm so bored of reading posts with a holier than though attitude to fandom that often seem as bothered about the outward appearance of the club as it does about what the club is, and what it means to us. I appreciate that a lot of people put a lot of effort into trying to improve the atmosphere and I have no idea about how bad it supposedly is trying to deal with the club on fan engagement, but I can empathise with how it feels to put so much of yourself into something, only for people who don't appreciate your strength of feeling or your personal investment in it to poo poo it and ignore it.

I think it was @Line-X's suggestion that clappers could be handed out on the gates, and people could take them if they choose to. I can completely get behind that. What I think is important though really is simply acknowledging and accepting that not everyone has the same idea of what it means to be a fan. Far too often I feel like that is ignored in the dialogue. I think those arguing for a particular type of fandom do appreciate that, but it often doesn't come across that way.

Some people will probably always want clappers. They might not sing. That's their prerogative. This club belongs to all of us and we're all entitled to support it how we want to. And also, since when should any of us give a flying fvck about what other fanbases think? Seriously?

You are far Too clever & wise, to Waste your Time on this topic....:cheers:

Never understand Why we didnt just carry on with rattlers....

22 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Did Tyler Blackett ever recover from that game? Can't remember seeing him play since. Vardy absolutely terrorised them that day!

He ended up in the Championship with Reading (is he still there I’m not sure 😆) not the first time we’ve done this to people in the game - Tim Sherwood when he was Villa manager and 0-2 up in the title winning season...only for us to win 3-2 and he looked utterly shellshocked after the game, he couldn’t work it out, pretty sure he hasn’t managed since which is quite an impact 🦊 

1 hour ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

He ended up in the Championship with Reading (is he still there I’m not sure 😆) not the first time we’ve done this to people in the game - Tim Sherwood when he was Villa manager and 0-2 up in the title winning season...only for us to win 3-2 and he looked utterly shellshocked after the game, he couldn’t work it out, pretty sure he hasn’t managed since which is quite an impact 🦊 

Pretty sure everyone involved should be on the Queen's honours list for services to football because of this

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

Just been doing a bit of sleuthing on this and he left Reading last season for none other than the mighty Notts Forest.  Doesn't appear to have pulled up any trees there though and has since moved to FC Cincinnati where he's appeared in their last 9 matches, all defeats. :sweating:

• Thanks 1

I'm not a fan of the clappers.....

But if those moaning about them contributed to the atmosphere, they probably wouldn't have been brought in to replace the silence that was present at most games before them.

This isn't a 'Chicken or Egg scenario', the atmosphere was crap before they were introduced.

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Just been doing a bit of sleuthing on this and he left Reading last season for none other than the mighty Notts Forest.  Doesn't appear to have pulled up any trees there though and has since moved to FC Cincinnati where he's appeared in their last 9 matches, all defeats. :sweating:

Wow Vardy really ruined him 

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Our “lovely” fans giving a lot of crap to Owynn now it seems… ffs

Really shite that he gets a lot of stick online. 

At a push I'd suggest with having such a polarising figure in Stringer leading the usual line up, which Owynn has modelled his style on, there will always be people who will go at them. Along with how crap social media is in general

27 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yet another instance of people using their online presence to hurl abuse at a stranger, only realising the serious effect it has on them when the person reaches a breaking point. Reason 1,000 I quit the likes of Twitter and Facebook.

even worse because the guy he’s standing in for is away because of his own mental health, it’s almost parody.

32 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

People who do this are either weird or angry in their own life. I don’t understand it. This is a young guy trying to build a career. Because he’s started so young he’ll probably rise very high in the profession. Good luck to him.

• Like 3