Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The Run In

2 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

It's doable - but christ the injuries don't half throw a spanner in the works. 

We need Nacho firing and starting more games. Mad to think it but he's going to be our main goal scorer - based on current form. 

Do we know when Barnes and Maddison are back?

Barnes will probably only be available for the last 3 or 4 games if that 

45 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Barnes will probably only be available for the last 3 or 4 games if that 

Rodgers said he hoped to have him back in 6 weeks, which would be the West Ham match and therefore 8 matches. I can't see it personally though.

Just now, Ricey said:

I keep looking at the fixtures and every time I come out with us on 63 points, which I doubt will be enough.

That's horrible 14 points in our last 13 games but I can't see past another 18 points if I'm honest 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's horrible 14 points in our last 13 games but I can't see past another 18 points if I'm honest 

So much rides on games against the bottom half teams and I just know we are due 2 or 3 terrible performances against a parked bus. It's been a running theme this season.

I'm sure if we beat Brighton on Saturday I'll redo my predictions and have us picking up 80+ points. I'm that fickle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

So much rides on games against the bottom half teams and I just know we are due 2 or 3 terrible performances against a parked bus. It's been a running theme this season.

I'm sure if we beat Brighton on Saturday I'll redo my predictions and have us picking up 80+ points. I'm that fickle.

I think we win the next 2 and then things will feel a little different. But I still think we'll run in to trouble vs Man City and West Ham and then those 3 games at the end are just horrible under pressure.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we win the next 2 and then things will feel a little different. But I still think we'll run in to trouble vs Man City and West Ham and then those 3 games at the end are just horrible under pressure.

Ideally you want to build a cushion looking at the way the  games fall. City is a bonus game anything picked up there is just a nice to have. West Ham is a massive game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

If we win the next two I'll be a lot more optimistic.

Realistically we need to be going into the last 3 with at least a 6 point cushion. If we can get past the West Ham game still in the CL places we then have a 'nice' run of matches (WBA at home, Palace at home, Southampton away and Newcastle at home) to gives ourselves some breathing space. Hopefully we'll have more players back and fit by then as well.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We could beat our points total of last season and finish 8th and not in Europe hahaha

For what it's worth I think we will get 68 points, 5 wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats which will be enough for about 6th

If we get 68 points then we will finish 3rd or 4th. Can't see us get that many points though. Probably around 64/65 points and we will end in 5th/6th place.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We could beat our points total of last season and finish 8th and not in Europe hahaha

For what it's worth I think we will get 68 points, 5 wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats which will be enough for about 6th

If we get 68 (18PTS) @ 1.63 pts per game,  others would need;

Chelsea 22 @ 2 pts per game

Everton 23 @ 1.91 pts per game

West ham 24 @ 2 pts per game

Liverpool 26 @ 2.36 pts per game

Spurs 27 @ 2.25 pts per game 

Big ask for 2, let alone 3 of those teams to take around 2 pts per game. 

Over the last 5 games only Man C and Chelsea have managed over 2 points per game.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If we get 68 (18PTS) @ 1.63 pts per game,  others would need;

Chelsea 22 @ 2 pts per game

Everton 23 @ 1.91 pts per game

West ham 24 @ 2 pts per game

Liverpool 26 @ 2.36 pts per game

Spurs 27 @ 2.25 pts per game 

Big ask for 2, let alone 3 of those teams to take around 2 pts per game. 

Over the last 5 games only Man C and Chelsea have managed over 2 points per game.

Nice one! Made me feel a bit more relieved

Clubs like Spurs and Chelsea will cope with two games a week without a problem as they rotate their squads effectively and they have few injuries. The same should be true at yanited but ole seems unable to manage that rotation as well as the other two managers.  Of course they will lose preparatory time for upcoming weekend games but their quality means that if they turn up with good intensity then they should be winning most PL games.  Spurs seem to have got through their dodgy spell and a top quality manager at Chelsea is showing just how good that squad is. 

unless we recover quickly to 2 points per game on average we will not make top 4. 

20 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Everything always looks worse when you lost points on rivals across a game week, but there will (hopefully) be weeks when the roles are reversed. 

In recent weeks alone Everton have lost to Fulham, West Ham drew with Fulham, Man Utd drew with West Brom and Palace, Chelsea drew with Wolves and Southampton, and Spurs have lost to Brighton. Liverpool have also stunk the place out in that period too.

We could conceivably lose the next two and still get top 4, or win the next 4 and not get top 6. It's all about consistency over a long period and, thus far, we've managed to get back on track whenever we've had a couple of iffy results. Hopefully that trend continues.  

Correct win Saturday we go second and the pressure is on Everton, Liverpool, Man U, West Ham and Chelsea.

Considering Chelsea vs Everton and Man U Vs Man C, give us a chance to increase the gap.

As long as we win. 

Following weekend we play Sheff U, Man U play West Ham.

Can't help feel the Brighton and Sheff U games are pivotal, win both and there is a very good chance we are second.

• Like 2

On 04/03/2021 at 10:33, davieG said:

Man U Play - Palace,  Man C, WHU, Brighton, Spurs, Burnley, Leeds, Liverpool, Villa, LCFC, Fulham, Wolves. - 51/11

LCFC Play - Burnley, Brighton, Sheff U, Man C, WHU, WBA, Palace, Southampton, Newcastle, Man U, Chelsea, Spurs. - 50/11

Everton Play - Southampton, WBA, Chelsea, Burnley,, Palace, Brighton, Spurs, Arsenal, Villa, WHU, Sheff U, Wolves, Man C, (Villa - TBA) - 46/12

WHU  Play - Leeds, Man U, Arsenal, Wolves, LCFC, Newcastle, Chelsea, Burnley, EvertonBrighton, WBA, Southampton. - 45/12

Chelsea Play - Liverpool, Everton, Leeds, WBA, Palace, Brighton, WHU, Fulham, Man C,  Arsenal, LCFC, Villa. - 44/12

Liverpool Play - Chelsea, Fulham, Wolves, Arsenal, Villa, Leeds, Newcastle, Man U, Southampton, WBA, Burnley, Palace - 43/12

Spurs Play - Fulham, Palace, Arsenal, Southampton, Villa, Newcastle, Man U, Everton, Sheff U, Leeds, Wolves, Villa, LCFC - 42/12

Not bothered with Man C fixtures. Games in BOLD are against teams currently in the top 8 positions

Fixture = Home Game

Green = Won

Red = Lost

Orange = Drew 

Any Errors spotted post in thread.

Shouldn't Liverpool be green in the Chelsea row and Chelsea red in the the Liverpool row ? Great table, everything crossed for next 2 games !

Edited by breaker7

4 minutes ago, breaker7 said:

Shouldn't Liverpool be green in the Chelsea row and Chelsea red in the the Liverpool row ? Great table, everything crossed for next 2 games !

It is on mine I changed it at 8.23 this morning.

• Like 1

There's a growing narrative in the media that we're going to fall out of the top 4. Jenas was full of it just now on Radio 5, after spending the previous 20 minutes bigging up Tottenham. I'm going to ignore this as 2 games ago they were saying we certs for it, after we'd just beaten Liverpool and Villa. 

18 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

There's a growing narrative in the media that we're going to fall out of the top 4. Jenas was full of it just now on Radio 5, after spending the previous 20 minutes bigging up Tottenham. I'm going to ignore this as 2 games ago they were saying we certs for it, after we'd just beaten Liverpool and Villa. 

Looking at it from the outside (and having watched our last three games), you’d be hard pushed to come to the conclusion that we won’t drop out ......