Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Royal Family

11 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I love my country, I'm ambivalent at best about the Royal Family and the system they represent, and I'm generally against flag waving. 

Much like religion, really. Believe in it, that's fine by me but don't belittle me for not doing 

I too love my country. I think the problems start when some people don't respect others. For example when booing the opposition national anthem before an international. Sometimes I think it might be better not to play anthems.  Live and let live is the best motto.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, What the Fuchs? said:

Just out of interest why do people complain when elected politicians abuse public money, avoid accountability and are treated above the law, but it’s great when a family of unelected billionaires do it? Struggling to understand the hypocrisy.

Well firstly we elect the politicians, they work for us. We are meant to able to scrutinise them and we can vote them out. They create the laws, so above everyone else should abide by them. Also they are of no benefit to the economy. We have no control over if we have a royal family, unless a party runs on the potential abolishment of it and won, they have very little real power but they are a benefit to us economically. And there has been massive outcry about Andrew being involved in all his shady shit that he paid to cover up. So I'm not sure where you're seeing the hypocrisy?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know it was a long shot but I was really hoping to see Prince Andrew and Virginia Giuffre together on the balcony, reconciled, happy in each other's company, laughing and joking and that, and although I'm sure they wouldn't want to steal the Queen's thunder, it would have been an ideal opportunity to announce their engagement.

Surely it's what the Queen would've wanted!?!!???

Alas, it was not to be - COVID claims yet another victim - this time the Queen's happiness

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Horrible looking specimin. 

Looks like he smells of wotsits. 

Calls out a show for being racist in one thread, moments later makes an anti ginger comment in another :thumbup:lol