Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
surrifox

Benkovic

Im not going to take the blame away from the player, because obviously the buck lies with him. But surely the club should have assessed him after bristol, seen he's mentally taken a big blow and made sure to secure a loan to a club that see's him as first choice. 

Wycombe for example would have almost guaranteed him minutes. The leuven move is looking increasingly calamitous because theres clearly been a massive lack of communication because the manager could have easily made it clear he's happy with his options.  From the outside, I looked into both Bristol and Cardiff at the times and the general opinion was that they already had their cbs and he was cover. For bristol he was only there to fill in while one of their 3 recovered from injury. 

There are a lot of parallels to Liam Moore and how it all went downhill for him. A fresh start would get him back on track, just like liam. 

Id offer him as a little deal enhancer for Edouard, thats if Celtic want to give him another try. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Im not going to take the blame away from the player, because obviously the buck lies with him. But surely the club should have assessed him after bristol, seen he's mentally taken a big blow and made sure to secure a loan to a club that see's him as first choice. 

Wycombe for example would have almost guaranteed him minutes. The leuven move is looking increasingly calamitous because theres clearly been a massive lack of communication because the manager could have easily made it clear he's happy with his options.  From the outside, I looked into both Bristol and Cardiff at the times and the general opinion was that they already had their cbs and he was cover. For bristol he was only there to fill in while one of their 3 recovered from injury. 

There are a lot of parallels to Liam Moore and how it all went downhill for him. A fresh start would get him back on track, just like liam. 

Id offer him as a little deal enhancer for Edouard, thats if Celtic want to give him another try. 

I'd be happy with that tbh.

7 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'd be happy with that tbh.

Do you think Celtic fans would be patient with him?  

Genuinely think you would be perfect for each other right now. Both in a rebuild stage and he can only go up from here tbh 

20 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Bristol City.

Agreed though, the loan moves have been pretty terrible and we should’ve sent him to a championship club where he’d be first choice. Hindsight and all that though 

I just think that OHL isn't a great place to be a loanee with Brys as coach. I've watched multiple games with him in charge now (since you can get the Jupiler League on DAZN here), and on more than one occasion he went the whole game with just a single substitution. I'm pretty sure the limit is 5 this season.

It must suck to be a fringe player, even if you make the bench, to know the chances of making the pitch to prove yourself are minimal. Don't get me wrong, they're having a good season, but the lack of subs Brys makes is baffling.

9 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

I just think that OHL isn't a great place to be a loanee with Brys as coach. I've watched multiple games with him in charge now (since you can get the Jupiler League on DAZN here), and on more than one occasion he went the whole game with just a single substitution. I'm pretty sure the limit is 5 this season.

It must suck to be a fringe player, even if you make the bench, to know the chances of making the pitch to prove yourself are minimal. Don't get me wrong, they're having a good season, but the lack of subs Brys makes is baffling.

There has only been 4 games all season where he has used less than 3 subs in a match

Only in 1 game, the last game vs Eupen, is where he has made just 1 sub

It’s a shame to see how this lads career is going, I really thought we had a ‘player’ on our hands when he was getting rave reviews at Celtic, a bad injury and sadly it’s all been downhill since then, a couple of ill fated loans didn’t help. Bring him back from Belgium and get him training with our 1st team, get the lads confidence back and assess him from there... 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Baffling what's happened to him, I can understand him finding it hard to get a sniff here but how onnearth haven't Cardiff and Leuven played him? He wasn't even injured.

Could be something to do with poor attitude problems?

Edited by Wymsey

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Baffling what's happened to him, I can understand him finding it hard to get a sniff here but how onnearth haven't Cardiff and Leuven played him? He wasn't even injured.

A guy I work with supports Cardiff and he reckons the word in training is that Benko is just not physically up to it, even when fit. Apparently he's too easily bullied. 

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

29 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Could be something to do with poor attitude problems?

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

A guy I work with supports Cardiff and he reckons the word in training is that Benko is just not physically up to it, even when fit. Apparently he's too easily bullied. 

I think someone on here suggested he'd lost confidence after all the injuries. Must be very difficult.