Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
surrifox

Benkovic

4 hours ago, BroughtonFox said:

Well if Vestergard is still injured for Norwich and Benkovic still doesn’t get a start over Amartey and Soyuncu after that then I will feel really sorry for him lol 

Never mind starting, he didn't even make the bench vs West Ham. He was behind four central midfielders when only three can come on! He's either injured, unfit or just a long way behind the standard expected.

4 hours ago, BroughtonFox said:

Well if Vestergard is still injured for Norwich and Benkovic still doesn’t get a start over Amartey and Soyuncu after that then I will feel really sorry for him lol 

I honestly feel like you need to let it go, there is 0 chance of him starting at Norwich.

39 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

Oh I’m not expecting him to start at all, but if I was him and I couldn’t get a game after that display I’d be straight out the door.

My point being, the moment of realisation that he won’t make it here isn’t now- it was about 18 months ago.

Edited by Costock_Fox

Can anyone explain the Benkovic situation?

Rodgers had this lad on loan at Celtic and played him yet despite the fact we are literally trawling Filbert Way for victims to fill our bench a full international centre back that's on our books and right now fills the exact void we are so desperate to breach can't even get a seat on the bus.

1 minute ago, Mack said:

Rodgers had this lad on loan at Celtic and played him yet despite the fact we are literally trawling Filbert Way for victims to fill our bench a full international centre back that's on our books and right now fills the exact void we are so desperate to breach can't even get a seat on the bus.

Brendan don’t rate him. End of. Real shame, cus if you listen to Celtic fans, they loved him for a season. His legs are made of bolser wood

52 minutes ago, Mack said:

I can, and will explain the Benkovic situation.

Imagine yourself as Brendan and your own wardrobe as the Leicester squad. So in your wardrobe you have a shirt you don’t like and think looks awful on you. You never want to wear it, if you had nothing else to wear on top you would rather ring in sick and not leave the house than wear the shirt.

Basically your shit shirt is how Brendan sees Benkovic. Simple.

Hope that clears it up.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I am surprised that we had two keepers on the bench and no centre back, with all the injuries we’ve  had in our defence you’d have thought he’d at least be on the bench 

....could just be Rodgers sending a message!!!

No place for him at West Ham and Rodgers doubling down on his assessment of the player.

I believe Rodgers has favourites, and for some reason has had a falling out with Benkovic and will not acknowledge his presence around the squad.

The right thing you would want to see happen is for Rodgers to sit down with him and inform him why he is no longer in his plans. He should then advise that he speaks to his agent, in order to find another club. This scenario could have already happened but unless someone comes in for him then Benkovic can only run his contract down and if he has a few more seasons before expiry then that is a poor atmosphere to be in for his colleagues and himself.

Whatever issues are between both characters, it needs to be mediated, as it helps no one in this instance.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I am surprised that we had two keepers on the bench and no centre back, with all the injuries we’ve  had in our defence you’d have thought he’d at least be on the bench 

Could be that Bertrand not being in the squad due to illness was an on the day late decision, as we travel with 3 keepers makes it easy to throw Jakupovic on the bench

Also wouldn’t be surprised if Benkovic is injured as well 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Could be that Bertrand not being in the squad due to illness was an on the day late decision, as we travel with 3 keepers makes it easy to throw Jakupovic on the bench

Also wouldn’t be surprised if Benkovic is injured as well 

Shut up, the mans made of iron 😂

• 2 months later...

Club have called both miss Marble & Sherlock Holmes in to solve the mystery...

Pierot & Columbo were considered Too foreign, for a football mystery...

Dr Watson will be writing the whole Story ,Tacking onto similar mysteries..Krameric & Kapusta

• 1 month later...