Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
surrifox

Benkovic

50 minutes ago, adam said:

Can we just play him so we can see how bad he is. 

This.

So we're terrible anyway, I'd respect the decision of not playing him if we actually saw him play a couple of times and he was as truly awful as he's perceived - Can he really be much worse than what we're seeing?

I'd love a jouno to ask about his whereabouts and why he isn't even in around the first team given our mounting injury crisis when we're "down to the bare bones".

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

This.

So we're terrible anyway, I'd respect the decision of not playing him if we actually saw him play a couple of times and he was as truly awful as he's perceived - Can he really be much worse than what we're seeing?

I'd love a jouno to ask about his whereabouts and why he isn't even in around the first team given our mounting injury crisis when we're "down to the bare bones".

I do somewhat agree, but not against man city or Liverpool. It would be cruel for him or Nelson to be thrown into that 

On 26/12/2021 at 18:39, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm now genuinely intrigued as to how bad he must be. I'd actually quite like to see it.

But Brendan must rate him because didn’t he take him to Celtic when he was in charge there? I’m sure he was doing a decent job too. If he’s shit then I’m sure he would of been sold ages ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

But Brendan must rate him because didn’t he take him to Celtic when he was in charge there? I’m sure he was doing a decent job too. If he’s shit then I’m sure he would of been sold ages ago.

Weve had injury crisis after injury crisis and he's never had a game, failed in his championship loan last season too, it's clear he's not rated here

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

Weve had injury crisis after injury crisis and he's never had a game, failed in his championship loan last season too, it's clear he's not rated here

Makes one wonder why he’s been here for so long then. I know he’s never started a league game for us but has he started in a cup game?

5 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

He had that horrible injury at Celtic, and hasn't ever seemed to recover. I don't know if it's his head, or if it's his body. But Rodgers rate pre-injury Benko, not post-injury Benko.

4 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

He had that horrible injury at Celtic, and hasn't ever seemed to recover. I don't know if it's his head, or if it's his body. But Rodgers rate pre-injury Benko, not post-injury Benko.

Sounds like a possibility if he’s had a serious injury and has never been the same player since.

• Like 1

I had 8yrs living in glasgow and have a few Celtic pals. They really rated Benkovic under Brendan when he was on loan there. Apparently that 1st half of the season he was on loan at Celtic he was immense, but the 2nd half of the season he got injured and struggled to get back in the team. So I think Brendan knows there’s a player there somewhere. But what concerns me is that Benko has had a few loan spells elsewhere now (OH Leuven, Bristol City & Cardiff) and none of them can be deemed a success. Also, Brendan has previously said Benko simply isn’t ready for Premier League football yet. His time is gone with us I fell, but nonetheless I really think we will need him on Saturday (vs Norwich) as it’s proper bare bones in our squad with injuries, covid & AFCON

1 minute ago, Notting your mums forest said:

I had 8yrs living in glasgow and have a few Celtic pals. They really rated Benkovic under Brendan when he was on loan there. Apparently that 1st half of the season he was on loan at Celtic he was immense, but the 2nd half of the season he got injured and struggled to get back in the team. So I think Brendan knows there’s a player there somewhere. But what concerns me is that Benko has had a few loan spells elsewhere now (OH Leuven, Bristol City & Cardiff) and none of them can be deemed a success. Also, Brendan has previously said Benko simply isn’t ready for Premier League football yet. His time is gone with us I fell, but nonetheless I really think we will need him on Saturday (vs Norwich) as it’s proper bare bones in our squad with injuries, covid & AFCON

AFCON players leave after Saturday 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

I’m sure he started a cup game and was playing alright but then got injured and had to come off 

Wigan at home.

Theres clearly a player in there somewhere otherwise we wouldn’t have paid 13 mil for him as a 21 year old. Think the best thing for him is to either get a loan back to Croatia and then go again with us in the summer

1 minute ago, Notting your mums forest said:

I don’t think we will need him. Ndidi has shown that he can cover for us in that department plus Amartey’s been solid with Vestergaard fit on the bench.

Benko won’t be used.