Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
surrifox

Benkovic

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  have said it before, it is a psychological problem with him akin to PTSD!!!

Sending him out on loans is not going to help and the only thing he will get from them is a sense of failure, as time and again he is seen as not good enough. Instead of this  continuing folly, get him to speak to someone professional to talk about himself and make it an order and not an option for him to exercise. 

We have a new Training center and staffing it with employees who deal with the wellbeing of the mind maybe a good thing to do. 

I am sure if Pearson was still here that aspect would have been taken care of.

There are margins to be gained by looking outside of football and embracing other methods to enhance your environment. 

I think I got PTSD from Bennett's performances

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I am disappointed that Benkovic has constantly been sent out on loan to be honest.

Another 96 page thread like the Under one where people are constantly asking for him to start is just what we need.

Can never understand why people think an elite manager like Brendan and his team of top quality coaches would know more than people off here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He’d probably be better off staying with us next season as 5th choice where we can really manage and monitor him.

Rodgers knows him and likes him (or at least he did), as 4th or 5th his game time won’t be too much for his body to handle.

I feel sorry for him really, got quite a big move and injuries have wrecked a promising early career. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He’d probably be better off staying with us next season as 5th choice where we can really manage and monitor him.

Rodgers knows him and likes him (or at least he did), as 4th or 5th his game time won’t be too much for his body to handle.

I feel sorry for him really, got quite a big move and injuries have wrecked a promising early career. 

Agree and in return we have another centre of good quality (yet to be fully shown) and adds extra depth without having to rely on him too often

I aint Coming up with any startling reason, But like @Stadt ...

Rodgers had worked with him...Injuries have ruined his start to the PL ,including recuperation- loans..!!

He is on our books, Keep him ,give him next season, see if he can blow away his  injury blues...Evans was also Walking treatment-Bench client..

First step....see how he goes over the summer/pre-season...!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, davieG said:

....and yet it's Ghezzal who's doing better on loan at Beşiktaş with 1 goal and 11 assists in 19 games. 

Call me mad but I’d give him a chance next season :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Ashley said:

Injuries. The blokes been ridiculously unlucky.

Septic fans were comparing him to VVD unfortunately the bloke hasn't been able to stay fit. In the game against Wigan you could see he had something about him. 

As for Kramaric he was in the wrong team at the wrong time. He'd be a regular starter if he was here now imo. 

Kramaric is exactly what we need now.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

There must be a specific problem with him.

- Played regularly for Dinamo Zagreb, including in Champions' League

- Picked by Croatia (a decent footballing nation) at youth levels, even 1 full national cap

- Celtic fans rated him highly when he played for them

- Looked fine during his couple of brief appearances for us

- My Bristol City mate was impressed with him, when he made a few loan appearances there

If it was just a case of him not being quite good enough for the top half of the Premier League, surely he'd have moved on and made a career at a lower level like, say, Knockaert or Schlupp.

If he had just not fitted in at LCFC for some reason, he might have gone and been a success elsewhere, like Kramaric.

I wonder what the problem is? Injury-prone? Psychological issue (perhaps due to repeated injuries)? Attitude/personality/homesickness? :dunno:

Buckfast?