Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
surrifox

Benkovic

I think it was Andy King who said that the boss of OHL didn’t take kindly to having City players forced on him so maybe that is the reason Benko didn’t get much game time whilst on loan over there. Not sure too many more will be sent there in future unless specifically targeted by OHL 

I remember when he was at Celtic, he was outstanding in every department on field and the Celtic fans were raving about him. He's only 24 and when he's fully fit and raring to go I think he will be world class. He'd knows that Leicester have shown alot of faith in him and he'd want to repay the club back with performances on the pitch, it will be like a new signing.

• Like 2

Funny stat: Since Benkovic Signed for Leicester he has scored 4 goals (2 for Celtic, 2 for Bristol City)

In that time Evans has 3 goals, Soyuncu 2 and Fofana yet to score.

He could be what we are missing at set plays if he gets fit and on the pitch.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I think it was Andy King who said that the boss of OHL didn’t take kindly to having City players forced on him so maybe that is the reason Benko didn’t get much game time whilst on loan over there. Not sure too many more will be sent there in future unless specifically targeted by OHL 

Hearing the same happened for Benko at Bristol and Cardiff, he is very unlucky.

It would be great if he could find some form and become the 4th CB. We already know his ceiling is very high as he has been linked with Chelsea, Dortmund & Milan before coming here and was outstanding in his loan spell at Celtic.

There is a player in there for sure but the most likely scenario is he is broken. If he could show a but of form pre season to be trusted as 4th choice CB then you never know what could happen. He has the ability and potential to be first choice here if he could go a season injury free.

I agree with those saying that the Loans have not worked. He is 24 now and I think we need to try keeping him around the 1st team and see how he performs in some early cup games. If he is still struggling, then we cut our losses next summer. Between him or Amartey, we should have an OK 4th choice CB, which we hopefully won't need to use too often in the league or big games. 

I'd still prefer a new CB though and have a very strong set of 4, especially with this Evan's injury which may or may not be a long-term issue for him. 

Still find it odd how Benkovic is turning out. He was an exceptional young talent and showed that at Celtic and then for whatever reason, took a nose dive. Injuries/dodgy loans have no doubt played a part, so there's still a chance he will come good for us, but I'd give him 6-12 months to show us something. 

It would be in Leicesters best interest if Benkovic can find his form & stay healthy.  He would free up money for other positions (winger) & rebuild his transfer value. City supposedly paid  £14.5 mil for him so well worth developing him.

• Like 1

On 25/07/2021 at 16:40, STUHILL said:

I agree with those saying that the Loans have not worked. He is 24 now and I think we need to try keeping him around the 1st team and see how he performs in some early cup games. If he is still struggling, then we cut our losses next summer. Between him or Amartey, we should have an OK 4th choice CB, which we hopefully won't need to use too often in the league or big games. 

I'd still prefer a new CB though and have a very strong set of 4, especially with this Evan's injury which may or may not be a long-term issue for him. 

Still find it odd how Benkovic is turning out. He was an exceptional young talent and showed that at Celtic and then for whatever reason, took a nose dive. Injuries/dodgy loans have no doubt played a part, so there's still a chance he will come good for us, but I'd give him 6-12 months to show us something. 

I just reckon we underrate our fringe players & some potential first Team players,

who like last season could find themselves called upon again to Cover in several back to back games...

We aint a Big 6 Club in Terms of being able to afford to Keep Real Top quality Happy on the sidelines...

so many of you suggestion off-loading players who have proved they are a decent Balance of squad players,

positions sitting variously between 16th -25th  squad players. 

No club of those Top "also-rans" like ourselves will get it right or Spot on. Its plain & simple finances catchment-area, and a "name" at various levels, where players & agents like our own ,Ndidi, Mendy,Amartey,Castagna,Praet, Fofana,Ricardo..etc,etc...

want to break First into a consistent PL-team,then expand & create their own careers...

Some will compromise, seeing that Maybe they cant push for those First Dreams of the consistent Top 1-3 clubs

then 3-7th , Top 10...& so on down the levels, but will Keep their aspiration,

that by the EOS or the next season that, that break through for them will come...At Leicester,Maybe Now A.Villa/West ham/Wolves

might be their path..The Team of choice if that Club is Partly successfull then the shining Light on that club, even if it takes 3-5 seasons, could well reflect and Project their careers....

Even at the "tour de France" the Water Carriers earn a Great career & Financial gratitude, some will use it as a Spring to push for higher

various Team Levels.

For a club like Leicester, our mishits or not quite "that player" the Club/ manager cant fit in...our Books in the last 6 years are Strewn with "Not Good enough"

and downright poor investments..and been hard for at least 3 managers, to refit ,Rebuild & compete consistently for those so cossetted Top 6 positions.

Man.City can carry these failings, and recycle them back into the market....We struggle terribly to move the unwanted...

All That aside, I believe this forum underrates our fringe players..the forum as a collective

would rather cynically demean, & discredit, every Damn week,

instead of encouraging exactly those Players that we will Need to Rotate , cover und come Off the Bench on a meaning regular basis...

When before December last season, Rodgers was forced to Call on Not 1-2, But 3-6 Players who would Not be considered our Dream selection or formation.

Rodgers was forced to tinker, had no Space to experiment, with those small twists in selection. But heyho, Fofana came in earlier than expected,Mendy took

DM responsibility,Choudury was asked to Cover across 2 lines, Justin suprised his doubters,

Praet more than proved bis worth, Amartey Held firm ,Thomas,was throw in, Nacho grabbed his chance with a vengence,others who when asked stepped in.

Without their Early & middle season performances, we wouldnt have got anywhere near Top 7,

and Not been in a Position to "compete" for Top 4.

When that Dream selection actually presented itself/themselves.....Quote a few Bad points were dropped & poor performances offered..

Support & encourage our Fringe players, because After some hard/Chronic injuries....

they proved their worth to another "first" successfull season.

We proved thanks to them we had no matter how small a group,a high Quality of Choice in our fringe players...

Its pathetic for me, its actually our own fans, slagging our Top 5 / FA.für squad off..

Again many failed to Read & understand the situation & the Good points we had & still have in and around our squad players.

A humerous crack, Funny banter is always entertaining, but

Giggling,trolling  cynical, point Scoring Comments against your own club/Team in a Covid-bubble/Chronic-injury strewn season....????

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Has to start against City. Its time to stand up and be counted and its a great opportunity to see where he is really at. 

Tough opposition in a game where we have nothing to lose. Although BR has openly stated that he feel's that he isn't ready for the Premier league. I for one so hope that he starts on Saturday.

• Like 3

Anyone who thinks Benkovic can step in for Wes needs reminding he's been dropped like a hot stone at every loan he's had bar Celtic! You saw last night he's way off the pace at this level. Why would we be foolish enough to ignore that with a full EPL season in front of us? If Bori, Cardiff and Bristol City say no thanks then the Prem will have him for breakfast. 

• Like 1

What we thinking then? Benko RCB and Soyuncu LCB?

He’s probably as fast as Evans and his height would be a plus.

Amartey is terrible in his positioning and marshalling. He can pass the ball well though.

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Benkovic is nowhere near PL football. 

No chance in hell BR plays him. He looks terrified of the ball in a friendly nevermind in the PL. 

what? You sure you don’t mean nelson? Benkovic has looked comfortable in pre season & looks really assured on the ball imo

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

what? You sure you don’t mean nelson? Benkovic has looked comfortable in pre season & looks really assured on the ball imo

Disagree, he was being marshalled all game and being told where to be regularly. We can't carry that in the PL. 

It's clear from his loan spells since Celtic that he's not at the required level. 

5 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Disagree, he was being marshalled all game and being told where to be regularly. We can't carry that in the PL. 

It's clear from his loan spells since Celtic that he's not at the required level. 

What’s wrong with being marshalled? I disagree as first, he only played 25 mins, secondly, he was playing alongside Amartey and a 17 year old lol, but there’s nothing wrong with being Marshalled, you can’t have 2 CBs doing what they want and marshalling eachother, they’re a team so I’d assume

benkovic would follow Soyuncu lead if they were to play together

4 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

What’s wrong with being marshalled? I disagree as first, he only played 25 mins, secondly, he was playing alongside Amartey and a 17 year old lol, but there’s nothing wrong with being Marshalled, you can’t have 2 CBs doing what they want and marshalling eachother, they’re a team so I’d assume

benkovic would follow Soyuncu lead if they were to play together

That's great, but I'm fairly sure there is 0% chance he plays for us. There is nothing in the last 2 years that suggests he is even remotely anywhere near our standards. His loan spells (especially the most recent one) have been disastrous