Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
surrifox

Benkovic

Just now, Lako42 said:

That's great, but I'm fairly sure there is 0% chance he plays for us. There is nothing in the last 2 years that suggests he is even remotely anywhere near our standards. His loan spells (especially the most recent one) have been disastrous 

But we don’t have anyone else? 

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

That's great, but I'm fairly sure there is 0% chance he plays for us. There is nothing in the last 2 years that suggests he is even remotely anywhere near our standards. His loan spells (especially the most recent one) have been disastrous 

0% chance apart from the fact he’s our second best fit CB on pre season form right nowlol he’s been good in pre season, and wasn’t even that bad when he came on last night apart from a dodgy offside trap for their first. He’ll get the chance to prove your “0%” wrong at the weekend no doubt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I fancy Benkovic will be better option than Amartey and Ndidi. Love to see people writing a player off without seeing them given a proper chance lol

he was at fault for both goals. He’s not done himself any favours..

43 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Huge ask to be fair, but Liverpool managed it. They actually looked like a proper team when they played their players in their correct positions. if we sign someone short term to plug the gap then fair play. I'd rather play Benko or Nelson as CB than Amartey or Ndidi though. Liverpool played 2 players that had recently been playing for Bolton and Kidderminster and looked a lot better as a team than when they kept playing Henderson/Fabinho at the back.

I think we will sign a player, it was already on the cards before last nights.

I think Benkovic needs games and will go out on loan, and Nelson need to be protected at 17.

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think we will sign a player, it was already on the cards before last nights.

I think Benkovic needs games and will go out on loan, and Nelson need to be protected at 17.

If they try and loan him again he will probably retire from football. Its sell him or use him time.

I fancy Benkovic will be better option than Amartey and Ndidi. Love to see people writing a player off without seeing them given a proper chance lol

Square pegs in square holes - By playing Wilf at centre back you are weakened in 2 positions. 

If we can't get a deal then give the lad a chance - He's 24 years old now - Time for him to step up. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Don't talk like a nugget

An overstatement perhaps but given the situation , he will have to be in the squad. I would play Amartey before him but Rodgers may think differently. I think we could get 5- 10 million for him now but a few good games and that could double but unless we do something very quickly to replace Fofana , he has to stay.

30 minutes ago, MPH said:

he was at fault for both goals. He’s not done himself any favours..

1st one I'd argue Amartey has the best view and should be commanding that situation.

I'm not sure why he's being blamed for the second goal? I can't see but I'd be looking towards Nelson and Ward there.

• Like 2

1st one I'd argue Amartey has the best view and should be commanding that situation.

I'm not sure why he's being blamed for the second goal? I can't see but I'd be looking towards Nelson and Ward there.

as the ball goes back he’s jogging like he’s out for a Sunday fun run without a care in the world and no sense of urgency…

5 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Disagree, he was being marshalled all game and being told where to be regularly. We can't carry that in the PL. 

It's clear from his loan spells since Celtic that he's not at the required level. 

.....being coached and cajoled is something that happens in games, Evans does it, and Soyuncu does it with whoever he is playing alongside!!!

You have to build an understanding, and the senior player always looks to pull the rookie in line.

Edited by sacreblueits442