Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bevan

Shirt sponsorship

Having read about Man United’s new shirt deal, is it not worth the club looking at getting a new shirt deal? Especially with the finances being released today. I know King Power do it at the minute but there must be more money to be made from this?

25 minutes ago, Bevan said:

Having read about Man United’s new shirt deal, is it not worth the club looking at getting a new shirt deal? Especially with the finances being released today. I know King Power do it at the minute but there must be more money to be made from this?

I think the exposure King Power get out ways any money they would get. If that makes sense :S

Edited by jonthefox
Thick

With our current status, you'd think we'd be able to attract more in shirt sponsorship then we're currently getting. Further to that, if we're able to strike a deal with a big brand (and not spme random bookie), you'd think that would help to increase our own brand further in a mutually beneficial relationship. I would imagine that the club are on to this, though.

We'd not get anywhere near Man Utd's deal but surely we'd be able to bring in more than we currently do.

3 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

I think the exposure King Power get out ways any money they would get. If that makes sense :S

Agreed but purely for FFP purposes King Power should pay the market rate. I don't think anyone has a problem with being sponsored by King Power but the amount they pay for it definitely holds us back. 

Just now, Webbo said:

King Power most certainly don't hold us back. The money they've put in over the years covers any shortfall in sponsorship.

Definitely have overall invested but if they are not bankrolling us anymore (as has been claimed numerous times) and are having the club use their own money then they should be paying market rate for sponsorships. 

34 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Definitely have overall invested but if they are not bankrolling us anymore (as has been claimed numerous times) and are having the club use their own money then they should be paying market rate for sponsorships. 

This was stated today so obviously that’s not the case 

“The Club has also further invested towards long-term financial growth, through the acquisition of land adjacent to the ground that will be critical to the proposed future expansion and development of King Power Stadium.
Long-term financial stability that enabled the Club to support its people through an unprecedented challenge has been provided by the Srivaddhanaprabha family through King Power International.”

Not sure we could get more money than being sponsored by the company that actual owns us. They will know the going rate and will push that price up as much as possible in order to get the most and be compliant with FFP.

35 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Not sure we could get more money than being sponsored by the company that actual owns us. They will know the going rate and will push that price up as much as possible in order to get the most and be compliant with FFP.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-rank-among-premier-3113086

This is from 2019 but still, at the time the King Power shirt sponsor was £4million a year, 17th lowest in the league

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-rank-among-premier-3113086

This is from 2019 but still, at the time the King Power shirt sponsor was £4million a year, 17th lowest in the league

17th highest. 4th lowest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

17th highest. 4th lowest.

Backs up what I said, they are paying in the going rate for a top 4 club, possibly above the rate for a club our size.

Edited by Costock_Fox

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

There speaks a man who has driven people to and from airports.

Tell me - which is your favourite? I'm torn between dark choc and the fruit n nut.

Gotta be dark chocolate, although I do actually quite like the white chocolate one as well

4 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Agreed but purely for FFP purposes King Power should pay the market rate. I don't think anyone has a problem with being sponsored by King Power but the amount they pay for it definitely holds us back. 

...the position they have put the club in, outweighs what they currently pay for the rights!!!