Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mullet1

Just for some satisfaction

19 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

CA7647B8-1538-4FC9-AAD9-71ED77B59538.png

Trouble is Celtic fans are still living in the past and Celtic are unlikely to ever win anything outside of Scotland. They may have a bigger fan base than many clubs, but they are not any good, Foxes have a much better team currently, have more money (in the top 30 richest clubs, in some statistics we are in the top 20) Celtic are not in the top 100.

People need to explain what they mean by "bigger club". Trophies, recent league finishes, global fans, revenue? It's honestly a pointless debate half the time. And that's when they do share the same definition.

• Like 2

Pink Moon obviously knows nowt about football. As a Celtic supporter they only have to worry about beating Rangers, that's all and they couldn't even do that along with many other defeats in what can only be seen as a very poor season for them.

The only advice I can offer is; stick your hogwash in your haggis!!

24 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I couldn’t care a less about who’s a bigger club, I just want to be the better side.  That’s all that counts. 

This. I get why supporters celebrate history but a few of my Forest supporting mates have a superiority complex because they had success when they were not even born. It is about living in the day and right now we are obviously a better side than Forest and possibly United. 

I would say just enjoy our moment in the sun and do not get too hung up in the trophy argument because it is so tedious.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

The Man U fans down the pub, at work or the Oadby style PlayStation fifa Asians who'll talk for hours about messi/ronaldo/man u/pogba lot aren't  football fans. It's just an accessory. 

I used to have a regular night out in Manchester ...and some of the mancs I met there were amongst the most knowledgeable fans jve met

Nobody should confuse the two sorts.

When City are at home you’ll often see them in the pub if man u are the early kick off. Late teens early twenty, sat in their always brand new looking replica shirts nursing half a coke for 90 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Dorkingfox said:

Trouble is Celtic fans are still living in the past and Celtic are unlikely to ever win anything outside of Scotland. They may have a bigger fan base than many clubs, but they are not any good, Foxes have a much better team currently, have more money (in the top 30 richest clubs, in some statistics we are in the top 20) Celtic are not in the top 100.

Celtic made top 70 richest clubs in the world in the list released the the start of 2020....

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Who cares what Man Utd fans think. They're not really football fans, they're fans of success. 

They won't, and can't, understand football in any genuine way. The chances are high that that particular poster isn't from Manchester and hasn't been to Old Trafford. You can become a Manchester United fan and be on a par with their biggest supporter overnight. 

Red cafe has some very level headed posters and have been quite complimentary to us, if you want anti Leicester I tend to find Everton fans the worst 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pazzerfox said:

Us as fans need to take a leaf out of our own clubs book.  They quietly go about their business, don't shout too loudly when things go well and don't get too upset when things go badly.  If we keep doing what we're doing then people/pundits will keep talking about us.  10 years ago nobody was talking about us, 10 years on and the fact that we've beaten Man Utd convincingly in the quarter final of the FA cup is all the talking you need to do.

If you can keep your head when all about you   

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,   

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;   

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,

Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,

And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;   

If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;   

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;   

If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,   

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,   

Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,   

Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,   

And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I swear it's getting worse. The do they mean us thread is gravitating outwards. 

It feels like this place is getting increasingly insecure, petty, needy, desperate. 

Every match people are crying about commentators or pundits not being nice enough about us or talking about us enough or just being triggered if they praise other teams. 

Some people on here had a meltdown after we beat Manchester United 3-1 to get to our first semi final of the FA Cup in an eternity because the opposition manager had the audacity to talk about his own team and not give Brendan Rodgers a rimjob in defeat. 

It can't just be me that thinks this place is getting worse and worse for this stuff. 

It's definitely not just you.

The weirdos that revel in every single bad thing that happens to Spurs also make me laugh. All because they dared to enter a race with us for the title in 15/16.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The weirdos that revel in every single bad thing that happens to Spurs also make me laugh. All because they dared to enter a race with us for the title in 15/16.

I hated spurs way before that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I'd imagine some of the Spurs thing comes from them kicking us off the pitch in 82' and the behaviour of some of their supporters during the League cup final.

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Agree..

I like the Club and wish them every success.

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

The irony of it all is it's a very small time way to think/act.

The whole notion of a 'big club' is so antequated and the playground like jostling of my club is a bigger club than yours is a total red neck.