Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

England's FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Euro Qualifiers.

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Drawing away to the next best team in the group, it's not a disaster. 

Stop being reasonable, you've been on this forum long enough to know that's not the way things work.

Repeat after me: "Boo Southgate, get him out and replace now. Seven points and nine goals in the last three matches simply isn't good enough - there are probably far better managerial options out there."

• Like 1

Right old ding dong that was, I quite enjoyed it. Shame about the late equaliser, it was a pretty good 90 minute performance but for that. I thought they did well under real pressure at times, especially not reacting to some of the rougher stuff. Ref let a lot go, much of it by Poland, but not all. England should have learned to put a foot in a bit earlier than the last 20 minutes. 

Not sure the late goal means that much, Hungary and Albania at Wembley left isn't it, along with San Marino and Andorra. 

7 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It was bizarre to be honest, even to just waste time… give your players a breather. Break up the play, whatever… they were worth using. 

He is the football manager who won the lottery. Let’s be serious which prem club would welcome him as manger? There would even be a few champ clubs that wouldn’t want him. He is just an fa yes man who bows down to the big clubs. 

21 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Maybe could have put fresh legs on, but they only looked threatening in the last 5 minutes. I'd have took a draw before kick off. 

You do realise that when losing 1-0 going into the last five mins, you’re going to throw the kitchen sink at it. If Southgate thought he could just see out that final spell with mount/grealish/sterling on the pitch then he’s even more inept that I think.  Even stopping play to bring a few on  - he could have stopped the game three time after 85 mins to break up any momentum they were trying to build ….

just mad 

7 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

He is the football manager who won the lottery. Let’s be serious which prem club would welcome him as manger? There would even be a few champ clubs that wouldn’t want him. He is just an fa yes man who bows down to the big clubs. 

Who gets to finals and semi finals.

15 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

He did have to work his way through the international setup, doing well with the U21’s and this group believe in him, that is something we haven’t had for a while. Do I believe he is one of the worlds best managers and should be managing this exceptional young group? I’m having my doubts. He has done great but I don’t think he is good enough to take us that one step farther to a major win. I like him but his tactics are certainly questionable. Anything less than another final at the World Cup we should look else where. I’m not joking when he could pick three teams that are good enough for at least a QF 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

10 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Who gets to finals and semi finals.

Yes, and it is hard to fault him with the performances… but you have to look deeper and believe he is actually going to outwit the best managers, for me no… he has the talent at his disposal to do something special but I’m starting to think he isn’t the one to allow them to do it 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Yes, and it is hard to fault him with the performances… but you have to look deeper and believe he is actually going to outwit the best managers, for me no… he has the talent at his disposal to do something special but I’m starting to think he isn’t the one to allow them to do it 

Exactly 

9 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Before he was appointed England's 2 best tournaments were 1 final and 1 semi. In the 2 tournaments he's been manager he's equalled that.

• Like 1