Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

England's FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Euro Qualifiers.

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He's our most successful manager since Alf Ramsey, he schooled Joachim Loew who has won World cups. 

A decent manager might do better but none have yet. 18 months ago all the experts on here were saying Chris Wilder should get the job, anyone think that now? 

Whoever gets the job, people on here will be calling for for his head the first time the opposition has a shot on goal. 

He's a shithouse manager.

Italy have Mancini - Won league titles. Managed in the CL.

Spain have Enrique - Won league titles. Managed in the CL.

France have Deschamps - Won league tiles. Managed in the CL.

Germany have Flick - Won league tiles. Managed in the CL.

We have Southgate - Relegated Boro. Could write his CV on a chewing gum wrapper.

Not winning anything with Southgate.

Southgate is ok. This qualifying campaign is going well and we have to win 3 games out of Albania, Hungary, Andorra and San Marino to qualify.

You don't win every game. France drew with Bosnia, Italy drew to Switzerland and Germany lost to North Macedonia.

He makes mistakes and some weird decisions, but he deserves a bit of credit too. Imagine if we sacked him for drawing with Poland and still being top of the group lol 

The alternative options out there aren't very good either. Graham Potter maybe? It's pretty bleak for English managers.

33 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

We have Southgate - Relegated Boro. Could write his CV on a chewing gum wrapper.

Well you never know, our draws and routes in tournamanetsare getting easier and easier.

It may well be that we get through a challenging group of Papa New Guinea, Panama and Saudi Arabia.

Then it'll be a case of beating european giants Lithuania, a tricky tie vs Venuzuela in the quarters with Kane scoring our only shot. Tough 1-0 win against Ethiopia in the semi's. Then hopefully with the right defensive shape, we could take Qatar to a penalty shoot out and who knows from there.

I hope we boycott the world cup if we qualify but if we don't then I'm glad that I've decided not to bother watching. I'll look out for the scores but there's not a chance in hell I'll opt to watch the stale, boring, risk averse and basic football that Southgate serves up time and time again.

Hopefully the next gaffer will be someone that can utilise the unbelievable players we have available and make watching all that talent somewhat enjoyable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Most of that squad won the league 12 months later. 

At Boxing Day when we were bottom under Pearson, I reckon in our starting eleven we 5 regular starting league winners. By the time the summer come around of 2015, we had Huth, Fuchs, Kante, Albrighton, Vardy and Okazaki in the main eleven 

2 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Fabio Capello - won 4 Italian titles, did fck all with England 

Sven-won the Portuguese league and Italian Cup, did fck all with England. 

Terry Venebles - won the Spanish league, got to a semi. 

Southgate has done better than any of them with arguably a worse squad. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

All Pearson signings.

All the players that were bottom of the league were Pearson signings too. 

If you want to worship mediocrity that's up to you, but at least be fair to someone who's actually achieved something. 

3 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Craig Shakespeare - Won a league title. Managed in the CL.

:whistle::D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

With the talent we have any manager could have achieved what we have under Southgate

We had Scholes, Lampard, Ashley Cole, Beckham, Shearer, Owen, Seaman, the Neville brothers all would all get in this squad and they never won anything. If it's that easy how come we've never done it before? 

14 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We had Scholes, Lampard, Ashley Cole, Beckham, Shearer, Owen, Seaman, the Neville brothers all would all get in this squad and they never won anything. If it's that easy how come we've never done it before? 

More talent now and less club mentality all those players hated each other hence it never worked and we never won anything.. we still haven't won anything but the right manager probably could with the talent on hand

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

More talent now and less club mentality all those players hated each other hence it never worked and we never won anything.. we still haven't won anything but the right manager probably could with the talent on hand

There's not more talent, only Kane could be described as world class and Shearer was at least as good. 

If the players don't hate each other, could that be good management? 

Nobody thinks Southgate is the best manager in the world but he's achieved more than all but one manager of England, we're 5 points clear at the top of our group and will qualify by a country mile. He doesn't deserve the ridiculous abuse he gets on here. 

Just now, Webbo said:

There's not more talent, only Kane could be described as world class and Shearer was at least as good. 

If the players don't hate each other, could that be good management? 

Nobody thinks Southgate is the best manager in the world but he's achieved more than all but one manager of England, we're 5 points clear at the top of our group and will qualify by a country mile. He doesn't deserve the ridiculous abuse he gets on here. 

he's done better than previous managers we do play as a team now, I suppose he doesn't deserve the stick he gets

17 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Harry kane scores a brilliant goal because the keeper had 5 inch studs. I remember him being at right back and controlling it further than I can kick it. His goal masked the fact he was once again totally ineffectual. We need a striker with pace imo, kane never looks fit. 

Annoying thing about southgate his we seem centred on just one striker no one is given a look. Its frustrating cause England have probably never had such wide selection with the likes of Rashford, Bamford, Calvert-Lewin, Watkins, Ings, Greenwood, Antonio and even Toney. All of them look good prospects just are not given the game time in an England Jersey, you just wonder is there a chance for Southgate to look at going two up top take that pressure off Kane, yeah some argue that Sterling is played as a striker but I dont think hes a natural striker. 

17 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Harry kane scores a brilliant goal because the keeper had 5 inch studs. I remember him being at right back and controlling it further than I can kick it. His goal masked the fact he was once again totally ineffectual. We need a striker with pace imo, kane never looks fit. 

He only scores goals. :P

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I can't see Uefa agreeing to this and without the European teams it's not a world Cup. 

CONMEBOL are also dead set against it too. No European or South American teams. The Americans would love it though, they might actually stand a chance. They like calling themselves world champions in competitions that only they enter...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58642558

Massive hit here. This line is the best-

That sanction did not apply for England's visit as the World Cup qualifier was a Fifa game rather than being under the control of Uefa, who did not ask for the punishment to be transferred.

No, clearly the behaviour is totally different depending on which competition it is. Fvck me.

On 14/09/2021 at 12:54, Fox in the North said:

The problem will be all of the other nations that don’t have much chance of making the finals, but will make a bigger windfall due to there being more regular World Cup qualifiers. All about money as ever.

Then they should Play every Two years in a 2nd Division- Version of the Wcup...

Top 10 going to a Qualifikation-Round for the no1 WCup,with 2 or Four qualifying.

Then the San Morenos,Lichtensteins,Gibralter,San Sebastian, Taiwan & Hoko-islands can join them..