Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Leicester 21/22 Kit Thread.

5 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

I am genuinely shocked at the design and vetting process at Adidas. Besides the choice of colors which lets be honest we're always going to be divided on as its such a personal thing it's the use and execution of it. I'm sure I'm not the only FT member who is a professional designer during the day but one of the first things we learn at school is the color theory. I'll cut to the chase the mid gray combined with the hot pink is fine as a block but having the gray as the foundation and the signature details like the 3 stripes and our club badge in hot pink does'nt work they look washed out as some have already pointed out. This is a school boy error and something that could easily be spotted in a prototype. These types of details should be tested not just for the human eye but in print and for tv broadcast. By darkening the gray color to a charcoal the contrast would be increased and the details much more legible. it's kinda embarrassing for something like this to be publicly released and to receive negative feedback some of it very obvious. I don't know any designers at Adidas anymore as I'd love to know what their process is but I'd like to think its well thought out. Maybe some stinkers escape the tank from time to time? We're not the only ones plenty other clubs release awful kits every season. Sad we've wasted a good opportunity for a nice 3rd kit. Maybe our board could put some pressure on Adidas to improve it but if they've already gone into production I doubt anything will happen. In future LCFC please have a representative for the fans in these high level discussions. After all its the fans that are your end user and buy the kits!

Interesting points, always good to hear from the actual experts. 

7 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

You just know it’s going to go like the maroon kit where we bloody win a trophy when wearing it :sweating:

I loved the maroon shirt from day 1.

Disappointed not many people slagged it off for looking like a Northampton Town kit, even though people are losing their minds for a mint green shirt looking too much like Coventry, even though its a completely different colour.

I mean, I'm not sure about the home shirt...looks too Chelsea or Everton for me.

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Jonezy said:

Have the squad numbers been released officially yet?

Oh, and that 3rd kit. Not the best effort is it? What the flip happend to our badge?

Can't see an announcement officially confirming squad numbers but LCFC website and the Premier League site lists our numbers as they were in the Community Shield, so Barnes as 7 Daka 29 Bertrand 5 Soumare 42 everyone else the same as last year I think. I reckon they will announce it officially today so people get printing on the new kit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

You just know it’s going to go like the maroon kit where we bloody win a trophy when wearing it :sweating:

That maroon kit was class... Only shirt in the last couple of years I've bought, and due to a deal, it was actually my first full kit since I was 10 years old! (I play football once a week: the plan was never to wear it all together, but I had to make an exception the week after the final). My 2 boys also got sets towards the end of the season when sales came on, so I was a bit amused to watch the big scrabble for it before and after Cup Final.

As for this thing: I'd actually be embarrassed if we lifted a major trophy wearing it. (I'll be genuinely surprised if we end up wearing it more than twice this year). 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

That maroon kit was class... Only shirt in the last couple of years I've bought, and due to a deal, it was actually my first full kit since I was 10 years old! (I play football once a week: the plan was never to wear it all together, but I had to make an exception the week after the final). My 2 boys also got sets towards the end of the season when sales came on, so I was a bit amused to watch the big scrabble for it before and after Cup Final.

As for this thing: I'd actually be embarrassed if we lifted a major trophy wearing it. (I'll be genuinely surprised if we end up wearing it more than twice this year). 

For the record I don’t mind the maroon at all. I just remember it not being the most popular kit and therefore was a bit ironic when we won our first ever FA cup in it!

I also bought all 3 kits early on last season, so I completely get the amusement :P

Yep, we are definitely winning the Europa league in that kit. You know it’s true! 

Kit release is a news item on: https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/08/leicester-city-21-22-third-kit.html

Comments include:

"I haven't seen many kits worse than this."
"I have never seen a logo that has been destroyed on a kit like that"
"Adidas have been terrible holy crap. Leicester need to leave them. They deserve much better."

Black shorts is actually the only thing that DOES make sense since they stuck it on the shirt with side paneling and collar.

the crest on the shorts being over grey instead of black is awful

and maybe the most egregious offense is the little grey square on the shorts under the stripes. I mean - what’s the point of that?

• Like 1