Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Leicester 21/22 Kit Thread.

5 minutes ago, The_77 said:

It’s a sponsor, of course it’s shit. 99% of them are. But I guess our shirts would look better with a Hollywood Bets logo. 

It looks awful, but like you say, could be worse. And they're paying us a shit ton of money. So I can live with it.

King Power or Walkers Crisps would be better though :ph34r:

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

It looks awful, but like you say, could be worse. And they're paying us a shit ton of money. So I can live with it.

I think we were as “creative” as we could be with the King Power sponsorship deal for as long as possible. lol 

To be fair, we could have released the new Juventus kit as one of our templates and I’d have bought it if it had a Walkers sponsorship.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Does it look awful? It's just plain white text. I think it's about as inoffensive as you can get. Bring back Topps Tiles!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Does it look awful? It's just plain white text. I think it's about as inoffensive as you can get. Bring back Topps Tiles!

Yeah as sponsor logos go I find it does very little to ruin a kit's aesthetics.  There's certainly plenty worse out there.  

• Like 3

I can’t have been the only one who found King Power weird and crap and wrong-looking at first. Walkers Crisps too, back in the day. Sponsors always look wrong until you get used to them. Probably doesn’t help that this is a company that most people will never have heard of before.

Edited by Phil Bowman

I have the white training polo and I’m now looking at getting the navy one. Not convinced on the mint one. The sponsor’s logo is in black, whilst obviously there to stand out it would look better in white. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Saw a few rumblings on twitter we've signed a deal with Castore to supply our kits from next season....

To add to my earlier reply. They’re absolutely going to have gone pop within a few years.

Over egged things so much, that the contract they have with the LTA for staff kit (as a result of affiliation with Andy Murray) has resulted in them buying fruit of the loom T-shirt’s and sticking their logos on because they couldn’t fulfil the order promised lol 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Craig said:

The Rangers shirt is pretty decent

Funnily enough I was catching up on results this evening and thought "what the f**k is that thing???" 

Screenshot_20210822_210104.jpg.d7517801ca4eb2c56afbcbfa359a0413.jpg

I always wanted to see Leicester in Adidas, but there are only so many combinations of blue shirts with the 3 stripes you can have. The mint kit has grown on me and is a bit different, but in general, for away kits, the template stuff in whatever colour (onyx?) is just lazy and actually feels like it is eroding our identity a bit.

You look at Arsenal's current kits which are Adidas, but have references to the past, old crests etc. It's great stuff, and if we were getting that service, I'd be very happy with Adidas. 

But we are not getting that service & I'd rather be a big fish in a small pond then a small fish in a big pond. (not alone here: Premier League teams with Adidas, Nike or Puma have dropped from 15 to 10 this year https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/08/premier-league-21-22-kit-battle-small.html?m=1). 

We've not been with them that long, but with 3 kits a year, we've now had 12 Adidas kits. In old money, that would have been 12 years of home and away lasting 2 years each.

I've not been that impressed with Castore, as they don't seem to not be either pushing the boundaries or doing the classic look well (compared to Hummel who are doing both with thought e.g. Cambridge home & Everton away), but I'm at the stage where it feels as though we have done Adidas now. We need a change & if it is Castore, at least a fresh look will be put into our designs and we'll get something different.

However, any hint of a change of kit maker can only be a good thing - either an actual change or a sign to Adidas to up their game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Golden Fox said:

Funnily enough I was catching up on results this evening and thought "what the f**k is that thing???" 

Screenshot_20210822_210104.jpg.d7517801ca4eb2c56afbcbfa359a0413.jpg

I always wanted to see Leicester in Adidas, but there are only so many combinations of blue shirts with the 3 stripes you can have. The mint kit has grown on me and is a bit different, but in general, for away kits, the template stuff in whatever colour (onyx?) is just lazy and actually feels like it is eroding our identity a bit.

You look at Arsenal's current kits which are Adidas, but have references to the past, old crests etc. It's great stuff, and if we were getting that service, I'd be very happy with Adidas. 

But we are not getting that service & I'd rather be a big fish in a small pond then a small fish in a big pond. (not alone here: Premier League teams with Adidas, Nike or Puma have dropped from 15 to 10 this year https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/08/premier-league-21-22-kit-battle-small.html?m=1). 

We've not been with them that long, but with 3 kits a year, we've now had 12 Adidas kits. In old money, that would have been 12 years of home and away lasting 2 years each.

I've not been that impressed with Castore, as they don't seem to not be either pushing the boundaries or doing the classic look well (compared to Hummel who are doing both with thought e.g. Cambridge home & Everton away), but I'm at the stage where it feels as though we have done Adidas now. We need a change & if it is Castore, at least a fresh look will be put into our designs and we'll get something different.

However, any hint of a change of kit maker can only be a good thing - either an actual change or a sign to Adidas to up their game. 

lol I hadn't seen that one.

I was speaking about their last two home shirts, but that is horrendous!

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Please Leicester don't ever play in the mint away kit ever again, we been s*** every time we played in it

Hate to break it to you but it's not the kit colour that dictates a performance lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1