Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

1 minute ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I expect that Paul Golding of Britain First had just watched that when he made that bizarre pledge to hunt down the protesters that hassled Rees Mogg when he appeared at that university or wherever it was.

It's a mystery to me why anyone looks at that and thinks that having people like this in charge is in any way in their interests

I wonder if the one showing him aged 20 has him snorting cocaine out of a hooker’s arse ? 

4 hours ago, Dunge said:

I think the problem is that it’s potentially slander. I have sympathy with her viewpoint, but she mentions individuals as being “dodgy”. I’m not saying that isn’t how the whole government is coming across as a result of what’s happened, and that’s precisely the problem and why Boris is deservedly getting it. But saying dodgy in that context against a specific individual (Jacob Rees-Mogg) is more of a direct accusation, given that it’s implicit of accusing him directly of corruption.

So I think the chair’s right on this, although if Sultana was to say it outside, say on Question Time, there wouldn’t be quite the same issue. In the Houses, like in a courtroom, you have to be very careful with your language.

I believe it's actually the other way around, ie you can't be sued for slander in the House but you could if you said it on Question Time.

MPs sometimes choose to 'out' wrongdoing while in the Commons as they can do so with impunity.

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

I believe it's actually the other way around, ie you can't be sued for slander in the House but you could if you said it on Question Time.

MPs sometimes choose to 'out' wrongdoing while in the Commons as they can do so with impunity.

Correct.

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

The super injunction farce being a "recent" example of this.

18 minutes ago, Buce said:

You have a point on reflection regarding slander. I still think there’s an issue with it being unparliamentary language though. Her language is essentially accusing him of corruption, while on Question Time the word is less serious. I guess even then though if she persisted on making a specific accusation against an individual she’d be expected to provide evidence.

18 minutes ago, Dunge said:

You have a point on reflection regarding slander. I still think there’s an issue with it being unparliamentary language though. Her language is essentially accusing him of corruption, while on Question Time the word is less serious. I guess even then though if she persisted on making a specific accusation against an individual she’d be expected to provide evidence.

Entirely the point is that it's not just an accusation, its a god given fact. It would take her all of about 20 seconds to produce evidence that half the Tory part are corrupt. Many in a very serious way. 

Part of the problem with the commons is that if you call somebody a liar or corrupt you have to withdraw it, and this means that the Likes of Boris can just get away with repeatedly lying, time and time again at the dispatch box. This leads to less scrutiny and then the facts of just what a lying piece of shit he is doesn't filter down to the General public. 

I would love somebody to have the balls to just stand up in Parliament and actually say it how it is, but sadly they can't because of all this 'you can't actually say anything bad about anyone' bollocks.  

I mean, for instance, this video has now been viewed 40 million times but not shown once by the mainstream media. When it got mention on Question Time the other week Fiona Bruce nearly topped herself. The video should be played on repeat on every news channel 24 hours a day and there should be a big screen in the commons with it playing on a loop. But no.. let's ignore it. That's 'the News' for you. 

I'm genuinely just of the belief that all this archaic antiquarian bollocks that we get in the commons is a sham designed to befuddle the little people. Twats like Reese-Mog or whatever his name is just shouldn't exist in the world anymore. 

Screenshot_20211118-200018_Twitter.jpg

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Entirely the point is that it's not just an accusation, its a god given fact. It would take her all of about 20 seconds to produce evidence that half the Tory part are corrupt. Many in a very serious way. 

Part of the problem with the commons is that if you call somebody a liar or corrupt you have to withdraw it, and this means that the Likes of Boris can just get away with repeatedly lying, time and time again at the dispatch box. This leads to less scrutiny and then the facts of just what a lying piece of shit he is doesn't filter down to the General public. 

I would love somebody to have the balls to just stand up in Parliament and actually say it how it is, but sadly they can't because of all this 'you can't actually say anything bad about anyone' bollocks.  

I mean, for instance, this video has now been viewed 40 million times but not shown once by the mainstream media. When it got mention on Question Time the other week Fiona Bruce nearly topped herself. The video should be played on repeat on every news channel 24 hours a day and there should be a big screen in the commons with it playing on a loop. But no.. let's ignore it. That's 'the News' for you. 

I'm genuinely just of the belief that all this archaic antiquarian bollocks that we get in the commons is a sham designed to befuddle the little people. Twats like Reese-Mog or whatever his name is just shouldn't exist in the world anymore. 

Screenshot_20211118-200018_Twitter.jpg

Do,you have a link for the video?

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Do you know if all of this information been fact checked by anyone or has he posted sources for the data? 

I suspect pretty much anyone who isn't Boris is probably more honest than Boris but y'know, can't really trust anything on t'internet these days.

• Haha 1

media blackout? Most media outlets with a bias against the conservative party would and probably have reported if his claims were so wildly wrong, otherwise they wouldn't be doing their job. I don't think the BBC will be showing some random Twitter vlogger's videos anytime soon. 

11 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I expect that Paul Golding of Britain First had just watched that when he made that bizarre pledge to hunt down the protesters that hassled Rees Mogg when he appeared at that university or wherever it was.

It's a mystery to me why anyone looks at that and thinks that having people like this in charge is in any way in their interests

Yes its terrible when we let very very clever people have say in how we should run the country.  Damn those well educated people with their thorough knowledge of parliament and the law and economics, the should have no place in government.

Seriously, do you want all MPs to be the same?  It takes all sorts!  There is a reason Jacob has the role he does.  Would he make a good PM?  Hell no.

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yes its terrible when we let very very clever people have say in how we should run the country.  Damn those well educated people with their thorough knowledge of parliament and the law and economics, the should have no place in government.

Seriously, do you want all MPs to be the same?  It takes all sorts!  There is a reason Jacob has the role he does.  Would he make a good PM?  Hell no.

Britain the "meritocratic" nation. Where a small group represents a massive and majority of the parliament. Sounds like fun 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Define education though. Despite a Eton College education and Trinity College, Oxford university, he got a 2:1 in History rather than first class. 

A whole facet of the British nation believe that as a privileged individual to gain a place at Eton / Oxford Uni means he must be intelligent. He clearly has expertise in the stocks market and capital investment but other than that? 

This is more of a criticism of him as there are some Tory MPs which have had experiences which make them far more suited to the role. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Can't say in this particular case but with such a phenomenal campaign that has the media running scared I would assume he has plenty to back it up with. Follow any of the official fact checkers on twitter and it becomes quite obvious Boris Johnson tells lies in every single interview, speech, appearance he does. It's pathological. Akin to Donald trump its just people lap it up when it's a bumbling British politician rather than an 'American Lunatic'. 

As noble as Stefanovic's aims are, he really needs to give it a rest with the conspiratorial "media blackout" rhetoric. What's the story here? That a YouTube video's amassed x million number of views on YouTube? Might as well make 'Charlie bit my finger' top billing on CNN every night if that's what constitutes news.

I'd be interested to know how many of those millions of views are unique views too...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

As noble as Stefanovic's aims are, he really needs to give it a rest with the conspiratorial "media blackout" rhetoric. What's the story here? That a YouTube video's amassed x million number of views on YouTube? Might as well make 'Charlie bit my finger' top billing on CNN every night if that's what constitutes news.

I'd be interested to know how many of those millions of views are unique views too...

He could at least do a new video, because there have been so many lies since the first one. Could probably make a 50 episode series. But yeah, I get the point. I think less of a media black out - but more why aren't the media focusing on the lies and highlighting it themselves. Its an offence to lie at the dispatch box, and why isn't the speaker calling it out too? 

7 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Naive much?

Just a quick Google shows the video has been fact checked many times by different independent fact checkers and shown to be correct. Hence the high number of views and shares and opposition politicians pointing to it and others raising it or at least trying to on Political TV shows. He's a lawyer too, so probably knows all too well how liable he may be if the statements in the video were not true. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-change/news/boris-johnson-lies-viral-video-b1830732.html

Naive on your part.

I said "would and probably have reported if his claims were so wildly wrong",  and that's exactly been shown with the Independent reporting it, hardly a conspiracy / media black out then?? 

19 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Well you missed the word 'most' from your original quote. I'm not sure the Independant is most, mainstream or a major news outlet. 

The naivety in your post to which I refer is your strange belief that Boris wouldn't have lied (despite him being proven to, every single day of his life - just yesterday he backtracked on Northern Powerhouse Rail which he has been promising for 7 years, just the other day it was revealed that despite promising to match the EUs £100m pound yearly investment in Cornwall 'pound for pound' the government has actually only given Cornwall £1m pounds this year, just like we were told there would be £350m per week for the NHS, just like we were told we could now Trade with the world and get better trade deals outside of the EU, despite the facts showing clearly that our trade with the EU was worth £1300 per head and that the 27 trade deals we have signed off on since brexit equate to a £1 per head total) I mean, we don't need a factchecker, its pretty obvious he's full of shit and yet people like you with statements like 'if he had lied the news would report it' seem hesitant to accept the facts, or the notion that the media doesn't actually present us the full truth and that the Government have absolutely no say in that, whether it be directly or through their media donors. I find it staggering that anybody can still not see it for what it is. Mental. 

I mean, you do realise that if a PM lies at the despatch box they are in breach of the ministerial code and should resign don't you? Well, he's been proven to do so, repeatedly and systematically. You might be able to brush that off as insignificant but it's actually a pretty huge deal that most people simply wouldn't get away with. 

Wrong, I said most left wing leaning news would report it. Because I'm not naive enough to believe that GB news is going to start blasting out content against their narrative. Something that's happened since the beginning of the media.  

But anyway, I know this little Twitter video is a hill you're willing to die on, so we'll leave it there. 

Enjoy your weekend. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Define education though. Despite a Eton College education and Trinity College, Oxford university, he got a 2:1 in History rather than first class. 

A whole facet of the British nation believe that as a privileged individual to gain a place at Eton / Oxford Uni means he must be intelligent. He clearly has expertise in the stocks market and capital investment but other than that? 

This is more of a criticism of him as there are some Tory MPs which have had experiences which make them far more suited to the role. 

There are 600 odd MPs in parliament, and clearly we wouldn't want even 10% of them to like Jacob, but as there is only one of him, then I think it is good to have him there, as he brings his unique intelligence to the house.  I don't understand why you would want all MPs to somehow be alike?  I am also not at all convinced that getting a first means you are more intelligent than someone who got a 2:1.  

4 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Wrong, I said most left wing leaning news would report it. Because I'm not naive enough to believe that GB news is going to start blasting out content against their narrative. Something that's happened since the beginning of the media.  

But anyway, I know this little Twitter video is a hill you're willing to die on, so we'll leave it there. 

Enjoy your weekend. 

I mean, it's clearly not about the 'little twitter video' - it's about that content (proven facts), which you are clearly not interested in. I wonder why. :rolleyes:

And "would and probably have reported if his claims were so wildly wrong" just to point out you clearly state yourself you don't believe Boris has lied.

Enjoy your weekend :thumbup:

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1