Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

He could at least do a new video, because there have been so many lies since the first one. Could probably make a 50 episode series. But yeah, I get the point. I think less of a media black out - but more why aren't the media focusing on the lies and highlighting it themselves. Its an offence to lie at the dispatch box, and why isn't the speaker calling it out too? 

This I can agree on. He finally showed a bit of bottle on Wednesday with Johnson's nonsense but then let him get away with accusing Starmer of misconduct.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I haven’t said I want them all to be alike have I? 

Define his intelligence. He’s not particularly achieved anything worthy of note in his career or educational upbringing. He pushed his family fortune into the advice of capital fund managers. 

When he tried to win a seat up in Scotland, he was turning up with his Nanny and in a Bentley car. Which speaks volumes of a lack of intelligence or understanding. 

I look at someone like Tracy Crouch whose combination of working politics and PR alongside actually actively being involved with the topic she is minister for. Or Helen Grant whom with a single parent upbringing, went into law in Cumbria and had a spell working for a hospital trust.

At the other end of the spectrum there is a Nigel Mills who despite a privileged education still done some hard time as an accountant. Similarly Jeremy Hunt had the Oxford education etc but he spent twenty years building a business and had a stint as a teacher working in Japan before heading to politics.

I’d say even then you have a number of MPs who worked their way through local politics and have an understanding of the very core in councils etc.

Rees-Mogg is a career politician completely detached from reality (cough Boris too) whose very rarely had to face the normalities of life (background doesn’t really matter here). There’s an assumption that he’s intelligent which I can find very little evidence for except his ability to speak eloquently and concede to capital fund managers 

Interesting insight here. Sorry, I don't know how to embed a Twitter video.

https://twitter.com/alexandreafonso/status/1431232326302937088?s=20

Sorry, just seen this already posted...

Edited by jgtuk

16 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

This is absurd, explains a lot…”I love money…why, because you need money, with money you can make more money, and if you’ve got money you can buy things that you want - I could buy this Rolls Royce, something like that. Lovely…” Little Jacob has learned a lot since then!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

If videos aren't your thing, you can read about it here:

https://fullfact.org/news/dawn-butler-boris-johnson-lying/

Or if you really want to fill your boots,  every lie he's told since 2019 (It's a very long list) all fact-checked:

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/

Enjoy.

Thanks. That's politics for you I guess.

To clarify don't I think lying is acceptable as PM of course not. It's right for people to question them on it. But let's not pretend this is some unheard of phenomena that all MSM media is hiding. There's plenty out there against Boris Johnson on my feed every single day. It's not a conspiracy for a news outlet to have bias and not cover things that contradict that in this day and age. 

30 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

In my lifetime, I've never known a politician lie like Boris. He is on a different scale. That simply isn't right. 

Personally I think this government get off light in regards to the media, our media should be asking those questions and making those points to help hold our government accountable. That really doesn't happen in the UK anymore and we are a poorer country for it in my opinion. 

But media coverage aside, anyone who can defend boris' lying and try and deflect with "that's politics" rhetoric can get in the bin as you are only enabling him to keep doing what he's doing. 

First page of Google news when typing in Boris Johnson. This is pretty much all year round. Your argument falls down right about here 

Screenshot_2021-11-19-17-45-26-829_com.android.chrome.jpg

16 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

First page of Google news when typing in Boris Johnson. This is pretty much all year round. Your argument falls down right about here 

Screenshot_2021-11-19-17-45-26-829_com.android.chrome.jpg

Thats four papers with a fraction of national circulation, and suggests all folk get their news online on news media sites. I’d wager that isn’t the case. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I've encountered plenty of politicians from all parties who have distorted facts, quoted statistics misleadingly, used weasel words, evaded questions etc. etc.

I genuinely think Johnson is on quite another scale in that he frequently and knowingly makes statements that are clearly and provably lies.

And it's not just on minor issues of who spent how much on what. Just one example: he's on film stating that there would be no checks on goods crossing between GB and NI, when the agreement he signed specifically stated that such checks would apply.....he's now trying to foment discord with the EU so as to get out of the checks he signed up to, regardless of the cost to peace in N. Ireland or to UK/EU relations. Buce's links will give you no end of other BJ lies.

How many other PMs or leading politicians have twice been sacked specifically for lying?

- He was sacked by The Times for fabricating quotes by his godfather.

- He was sacked by his Tory leader for lying about having got his mistress pregnant (she had an abortion).

The bloke made his name as a journalist by telling outright lies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Johnson#The_Times_and_The_Daily_Telegraph:_1987–1994

He's on tape offering to provide his mate with the address of a journalist investigating said mate for fraud, so that his mate could arrange for the journalist to be beaten up.

I've encountered dishonest politicians before, but in 40+ years of following politics I don't remember any senior politician in this country who's been remotely as dishonest as Johnson. The bloke shouldn't be trusted to run a corner shop, never mind the country.

Good post & thanks for the link. Quite an interesting read that section of his wiki. 

"He wrote articles about euromyths such as the EU wanting to ban prawn cocktail crisps and British sausages and standardise condom sizes because Italians had smaller penises.[89] "

Jesus Christ 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Good post & thanks for the link. Quite an interesting read that section of his wiki. 

"He wrote articles about euromyths such as the EU wanting to ban prawn cocktail crisps and British sausages and standardise condom sizes because Italians had smaller penises.[89] "

Jesus Christ 🤣

The irony to this; I read the excellent ‘Shadowplay’ by Tim Marshall which was about Yugoslavia and it’s final days. Marshall was a war correspondent who covered the conflict and in the final part of the book before Milosevic resigned, up pops Johnson in his role as a journalist! Couldn’t think of a worst character for it!

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

He laughs because he can't defend it, so he pretends like you've posted something ridiculous, when the reality is he just hates the fact people are calling out the shitshow he voted in and he can't answer back.

3 hours ago, Buce said:

Yet ironically he actually draws attention to his impotence by laughing at something so obviously not intended to be funny.

What sad lives some people must have. :nono:

The guy thinks that the murder of Jo Cox, the probable effects of climate change (you know, because they most likely won't hit him first) and police brutality against black people in the US are funny too. (Just, you know, to stop them from holding the "whip hand", as Enoch P once said).

This is small beer, really.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1