Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

9 hours ago, leicsmac said:

The guy thinks that the murder of Jo Cox, the probable effects of climate change (you know, because they most likely won't hit him first) and police brutality against black people in the US are funny too. (Just, you know, to stop them from holding the "whip hand", as Enoch P once said).

This is small beer, really.

I don't think people like him genuinely think these things are funny, they just don't know how to react any other way. They can't argue back because they'll just look ridiculous, they won't admit they are wrong, but they know they disagree with you for some reason they can't quantify, so they laugh, because that somehow is enough to dismiss your point. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Facecloth said:

He laughs because he can't defend it, so he pretends like you've posted something ridiculous, when the reality is he just hates the fact people are calling out the shitshow he voted in and he can't answer back.

He's totally ruined my enjoyment of TMWRNJ

• Sad 1

Has Boris Johnson actually lost the plot? Or does he take acid for breakfast?

He [Johnson] says some people thought Covid would lead to a real change in working habits, with more people working from home.

But he says there are “sound evolutionary reasons why mother nature does not like working from home”.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Buce said:

He [Johnson] says some people thought Covid would lead to a real change in working habits, with more people working from home.

But he says there are “sound evolutionary reasons why mother nature does not like working from home”.

Quite apart from making no sense at all, I'm always leery of appeals to nature as a positive argument. Botulism, arsenic and extinction are all 100% natural too.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Buce said:

The Conservatives’ attitude on this really irritates me. Not only is this going to happen anyway through the markets and free choice, but this is such low hanging environmental fruit in a world where a lot of environmental changes are going to face a lot of opposition. People want to do this. For pity’s sake, let them.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Dunge said:

The Conservatives’ attitude on this really irritates me. Not only is this going to happen anyway through the markets and free choice, but this is such low hanging environmental fruit in a world where a lot of environmental changes are going to face a lot of opposition. People want to do this. For pity’s sake, let them.

All they’re trying to do is protect the interests of commercial landlords (including, presumably, themselves).

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

He thinks he’s being funny and charming and quirky and zany. And a lot of people fall for it.

He also compared himself to Moses, pretended to be an accelerating car, referred to himself in the third-person as well as banged on about fvcking Peppa Pig World

I can't tell whether it's this or just utter arrogance and contempt. Like "I'm Boris Johnson. Why the fvck should I bother even making an effort with this speech", it's only the CBI. 

He doesn't fvcking care. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

He also compared himself to Moses, pretended to be an accelerating car, referred to himself in the third-person as well as banged on about fvcking Peppa Pig World

I can't tell whether it's this or just utter arrogance and contempt. Like "I'm Boris Johnson. Why the fvck should I bother even making an effort with this speech", it's only the CBI. 

He doesn't fvcking care. 

Pissing off the CBI with his inept humour is the way he will eventually get the tap on the shoulder and told it's time to go. The CBI do have the government's ear, unlike this forum. But wtf will they replace him with. The Tory rank and file will never vote for someone with a brown face, which only leaves two with a high enough profile. Mosley-Mogg or treacherous and slimy Gove, both guaranteed vote-losers at the next election. Or maybe Liz Truss might fancy her chances.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Where did you this ide from?. You're the one who ought to be mocked, for making such a ridiculousl statement.

From the horses mouth. Half of my family live abroad and I have many friends outside of the UK.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Fox Covert said:

Pissing off the CBI with his inept humour is the way he will eventually get the tap on the shoulder and told it's time to go. The CBI do have the government's ear, unlike this forum. But wtf will they replace him with. The Tory rank and file will never vote for someone with a brown face, which only leaves two with a high enough profile. Mosley-Mogg or treacherous and slimy Gove, both guaranteed vote-losers at the next election. Or maybe Liz Truss might fancy her chances.

There’s a part of the Tories who want Hunt

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Where did you this ide from?. You're the one who ought to be mocked, for making such a ridiculousl statement.

Behind the US and A Britain is probably the most mocked nation imo 

• Like 2

On 20/11/2021 at 02:05, Alf Bentley said:

I've encountered plenty of politicians from all parties who have distorted facts, quoted statistics misleadingly, used weasel words, evaded questions etc. etc.

I genuinely think Johnson is on quite another scale in that he frequently and knowingly makes statements that are clearly and provably lies.

And it's not just on minor issues of who spent how much on what. Just one example: he's on film stating that there would be no checks on goods crossing between GB and NI, when the agreement he signed specifically stated that such checks would apply.....he's now trying to foment discord with the EU so as to get out of the checks he signed up to, regardless of the cost to peace in N. Ireland or to UK/EU relations. Buce's links will give you no end of other BJ lies.

How many other PMs or leading politicians have twice been sacked specifically for lying?

- He was sacked by The Times for fabricating quotes by his godfather.

- He was sacked by his Tory leader for lying about having got his mistress pregnant (she had an abortion).

The bloke made his name as a journalist by telling outright lies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Johnson#The_Times_and_The_Daily_Telegraph:_1987–1994

He's on tape offering to provide his mate with the address of a journalist investigating said mate for fraud, so that his mate could arrange for the journalist to be beaten up.

I've encountered dishonest politicians before, but in 40+ years of following politics I don't remember any senior politician in this country who's been remotely as dishonest as Johnson. The bloke shouldn't be trusted to run a corner shop, never mind the country.

I completely agree.  No idea why people use the example of him promising that journos address though, he’s blatantly just agreeing to get his mate to calm down.

24 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Behind the US and A Britain is probably the most mocked nation imo 

i bet if the 5hit hit the fan the 1st 2 countries these mocking countries would want behind them are, yep you guessed it 

Edited by BKLFox

8 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Absolute bollocks, and all of the family that live there were born there.

7 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

Mine aren't all expats. They were born and live there.

What are they mocking if they have never lived here, should the statement be most countries mock Boris & his government or is it UK as a whole they mock?

11 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

It’s the expat mentality I’m afraid, they like to criticise the UK to validate their decision to leave.

9 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Absolute bollocks, and all of the family that live there were born there.

Our government is deservedly mocked but at the same time Jon is right, 'expats' can be absolutely insufferable in their need to convince themselves they made the right choice.

But part of the reason we think Britain is widely mocked because we are quite parochial and most of us speak only English.