Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

6 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

i bet if the 5hit hit the fan the 1st 2 countries these mocking counties would want behind them are, yep you guessed it 

An argument used often to counter such claims, but entirely hypothetical and probably always will be.

As if military might and the willingness to use it, even "defensively", is any arbiter of "rightness" anyway.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Where did you this ide from?. You're the one who ought to be mocked, for making such a ridiculousl statement.

Just out of interest, DT, do you actually know or speak to any foreign people?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Just out of interest, DT, do you actually know or speak to any foreign people?

Given he was celebrating drowning migrants, before his post was deleted, doesn't strike me as the most cosmopolitan of posters. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

An argument used often to counter such claims, but entirely hypothetical and probably always will be.

As if military might and the willingness to use it, even "defensively", is any arbiter of "rightness" anyway.

Does it have to be bombs & bullets, what about Humanitarian aid, search & rescue etc etc those 2 countries are to the fore when that 5hit hits the fan no?

I've also asked what is it they mock, if its Boris then big dif i think most of the UK does but if its me they mock please help me understand so i can better myself.

1 minute ago, Zear0 said:

Given he was celebrating drowning migrants, before his post was deleted, doesn't strike me as the most cosmopolitan of posters. 

Seriously? Christ, that's a new low even for him.

He might be in the gutter but he's looking down the drains.

10 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Does it have to be bombs & bullets, what about Humanitarian aid, search & rescue etc etc those 2 countries are to the fore when that 5hit hits the fan no?

I've also asked what is it they mock, if its Boris then big dif i think most of the UK does but if its me they mock please help me understand so i can better myself.

...when it benefits them, certainly.

And for what it's worth, I extend that cynicism to every leading nation, not just the US and UK.

Fair enough on the second paragraph, though I might suggest in a democracy an elected leader is representative of the nation itself. They chose him, after all.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

What are they mocking if they have never lived here, should the statement be most countries mock Boris & his government or is it UK as a whole they mock?

I didn't say they have never lived here. I said they are not expats.

They're mocking the mentality of Brexit voting, flag waving, poppy wearing, tory voting, self harming idiots who think the UK is a force to be reckoned with and will get miracuous trade deals from all over the world whilst stopping climate change.

Their words, not mine :crylaugh:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

I didn't say they have never lived here. I said they are not expats.

They're mocking the mentality of Brexit voting, flag waving, poppy wearing, tory voting, self harming idiots who think the UK is a force to be reckoned with and will get miracuous trade deals from all over the world whilst stopping climate change.

Their words, not mine :crylaugh:

fair enough

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bovril said:

You should tell us then where you're referring to and why they would refuse military assistance from US and UK

I'm not sure I'm qualified enough to be a spokesperson for other countries with regard to military intervention which incidentally was bought into the conversation by someone else.

What I do know is that I stand by my assertion that the UK is a laughing stock right now.

Oh, and it's Switzerland btw.

South Africa

Fish chips.jpg

German: "Excellent! That was our Brexit goal: More climate protection for the UK!"

Germany.jpg

German: “For the Day of Unity we recommend trips to empty British supermarkets, so that you can get that feeling of being in East Germany again”.

Germany2.jpg

Slovak

Slovak.jpg

New Yorker

Newyorker.jpg

Edited by jgtuk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

I haven't ventured in here before. There does seem to be a heavy leftist bias. 

I'm not sure it's an overwhelming amount.

I certainly am but from my position I can see that there are also many more 'centrist' and what I would call right leaning views.

It's not the left calling for "filthy migrants" to be drowned...

13 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

I'm not sure I'm qualified enough to be a spokesperson for other countries with regard to military intervention which incidentally was bought into the conversation by someone else.

What I do know is that I stand by my assertion that the UK is a laughing stock right now.

Oh, and it's Switzerland btw.

You said that countries would not "in a million years" want the US or UK behind them if the shit hit the fan, which is what surprised me. 

43 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

I haven't ventured in here before. There does seem to be a heavy leftist bias. 

I think you’re referring to an incompetency bias more than anything. I’d vote for any party with that has some half competence but Johnson’s government is just painfully shameful.

19 minutes ago, bovril said:

You said that countries would not "in a million years" want the US or UK behind them if the shit hit the fan, which is what surprised me. 

Yeah, it was in response to the ridiculous posturing that is always seen when you (me) insult the UK :thumbup:

• Like 1