Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

15 minutes ago, Buce said:

Possibly, but currently it's more noticable because the right-leaning posters, and in particular the 'Boris' fanboys, have nothing to respond with but a 'laughing' emoji. Even they can see what an incompetent, corrupt, self-serving bunch of clowns we have in government, headed by a man who is without doubt the worst Prime Minister in anyone's memory.

I actually agree with you, even though I’m a ‘Tory boy’ personally I doubt he’s even Conservative, let alone sane. 

Just now, Farrington fox said:

I actually agree with you, even though I’m a ‘Tory boy’ personally I doubt he’s even Conservative, let alone sane. 

Also, in my experience, those with political leanings aligned to those out of office make the most noise. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox in the North said:

I think you’re referring to an incompetency bias more than anything. I’d vote for any party with that has some half competence but Johnson’s government is just painfully shameful.

I agee. I won’t be voting Conservative again if he’s still PM and there also needs to be a return to Conservatism. 

• Like 4

The is not only a left bias but still an antibrexit bias.  Having voted both ways in the past but traditionally labour i will still vote for an independant uk. I am too fed up of successive governments blaming europe for thier own failings.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, doverfox said:

The is not only a left bias but still an antibrexit bias.  Having voted both ways in the past but traditionally labour i will still vote for an independant uk. I am too fed up of successive governments blaming europe for thier own failings.

I am not anti europe i was anti our sitting on the fence neither fully engaged and driving it forward or out. The was only one chioce to change status quo.

3 hours ago, doverfox said:

Here mate, keep on huffing the glue.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There’s so much wrong with this. I’m not even talking about the content of the quote

Problem is the cabinet is full of genuine, bona fide idiots, who each owe their political careers to the fact that they chose loyalty to the ludicrous Johnson. All the sensible people in the party were purged by Cummings in 2019. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

The size of the rebellion almost guarantees action in the Lords…and another u-turn. The bill isn’t through yet and I doubt it ever will be in this form.

Not sure I understand the issue here, surely if you get council money towards yours costs then that can't be measured as your contribution?  Weird.  Who are these very poor people who are worried about their 80k+ of assets anyway?  Strange issue.

13 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Problem is the cabinet is full of genuine, bona fide idiots, who each owe their political careers to the fact that they chose loyalty to the ludicrous Johnson. All the sensible people in the party were purged by Cummings in 2019. 

Yes indeed, and even before that the selection of only Brexit voting MPs as ministers (almost exclusively) was an insane thing to do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yes indeed, and even before that the selection of only Brexit voting MPs as ministers (almost exclusively) was an insane thing to do.

Whilst I obviously disagree with it, I half understand why they did it. But to effectively deselect a load of parliamentary titans like Ken Clarke, Grieve, Duncan, etc., etc. is just madness.

Some of the people who got elected for the Conservatives in 2019 are just utter dregs. Lee Anderson FFS. And Dehenna fùcking Davidson. It’s like they went down to a particularly rough branch of Iceland and pulled everybody out the checkout queues and gave them each a seat in parliament.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Not sure I understand the issue here, surely if you get council money towards yours costs then that can't be measured as your contribution?  Weird.  Who are these very poor people who are worried about their 80k+ of assets anyway?  Strange issue.

This article explains it quite well: https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/boris-johnson-cbi-speech-social-care-covid-b1962089.html

9 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

A wedge of the Tory MPs I talk to get it, hence the widespread disquiet. If you’re after an explainer from me then I’m sorry, I’m not here to change anyone’s mind. Maybe go chat to your MP at a surgery and ask them about it? :)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

It's not about the definition of "your contribution". It's about the outcome resulting from that definition.

I've not looked at the numbers, but I think that I understand the principle:

- If the £86k ceiling is defined as just your contribution of £86k (disregarding whatever means-tested support you've received), that could be all or most of your capital if your home is worth £80k or £130k

- If you own a home worth £1m, then the £86k does not make much of a dent in your capital

Millions of people, particularly in the north/midlands, whose capital mainly comprises a home worth £50k-£200k and who want to be able to leave a decent chunk to their family when they die.

As opposed to wealthier sections of the population of the SE who'd be able to keep £914k out of a £1m house, so as to leave great wealth to their kids helping them on their way to Eton, Oxbridge, the boardroom, No. 10 Downing St. etc. :dunno:

This.

It’s basically a massive slap in the face to savers outside the south. It could well be a poll tax if it were to get through the Lords.

• Thanks 1

I can’t believe they’re targeting pensioners, even if they’re the ‘poorer’ ones, it’s probably their biggest most loyal base. Just suggesting they might fiddle with Triple Lock almost sunk May to fvcking Corbyn, you could be looking at one of the biggest election swings this country’s had if they tried to force this through and somehow succeeded. 

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

A wedge of the Tory MPs I talk to get it, hence the widespread disquiet. If you’re after an explainer from me then I’m sorry, I’m not here to change anyone’s mind. Maybe go chat to your MP at a surgery and ask them about it? :)

Nah, Jon jumped ship ages ago...

Mr Patrick Gorman MP – Parliament of Australia

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There’s a part of the Tories who want Hunt

This is true. I only know two card-carrying Tories and one of them tore up his card and stood against his former party in a council election. The other did vote for Hunt in the leadership election, and gloomily predicted that Johnson and Brexit would damage the farming industry - which they have done. Hunt I believe is still the chair of the cross-party Parliamentary Health Committee and his understanding of the current health crisis is head and shoulders above any of the Tory cabinet. As it should be as he was a doctor before entering full-time politics. However the current temper of the Tory Party is lunatic fringe foaming at the mouth extreme right-wing. I just don't see that the next leader of the Tory party after Johnson will be from anywhere else but the monstrous right-wing cabal that engineered Brexit and replaced May with Johnson, which is still very much in power within the party.

• Like 2