Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Nonsense. Brexit was a necessary amputation. At this pivotal moment in our economic history, we are taking advantage of our new freedoms to deliver freeports, as well as free trade deals, and to regulate differently and better to lengthen our lead in all the amazing new technologies of the 21st century: AI, cyber, quantum computing and all the rest – and all the applications of those technologies to the areas in which we excel. So you get fin tech, ed tech, bio tech, med tech, nano tech, ad tech, green tech. So you sound basically like 15th-century Mexico.

I'm honestly not sure if this is sarcastic or not.

Poes Law in effect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

1) EU membership IS the world’s biggest and best free trade deal. 

2) Regulating differently to other major countries is pretty stupid, because it inhibits trade.

3) EU membership was not in any way whatsoever hampering our ability to ‘lead’ in areas of technology. If anything, Brexit has made it  far worse because the UK is a much less attractive place for the world’s best scientists and academics to come to.

4) Who gives a fùck about freeports? 

...And, with safer streets, with great local schools, with fantastic broadband …

[Lost it]

[Uhhh]

[Forgive me]

[Forgive me]

[Forgive me]

https://youtu.be/NFluJtzCZ2Y?t=1283

• Like 1

I hear we’re on the cusp of signing a cracking trade deal with Sudan. Worth £600k over the next 15 years.

Of course the deal stipulates that we have to align our product safety standards with theirs, so all UK manufactured goods will have to bear the SPAZ Mark (Sudan Product Approval Zone). Also, we had to agree to reciprocal freedom of movement with Sudan.

GLOBUL BRITTAN 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

Nonsense. Brexit was a necessary amputation. At this pivotal moment in our economic history, we are taking advantage of our new freedoms to deliver freeports, as well as free trade deals, and to regulate differently and better to lengthen our lead in all the amazing new technologies of the 21st century: AI, cyber, quantum computing and all the rest – and all the applications of those technologies to the areas in which we excel. So you get fin tech, ed tech, bio tech, med tech, nano tech, ad tech, green tech. So you sound basically like 15th-century Mexico.

Well you had me going as well lol

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I see Nadine Dorries has been showing utter contempt for the very thing she is in charge of 

She's a liability. Goodness me. A level media students know that channel 4 isn't in receipt of public money. She's the ****ing media lead country wide. 

Shambles. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's painful just how much Nadine Dorries angers me and embarrasses herselt at any given situation. The hypocritical nature of just her being her is just disgusting.

She's a living definition of parasite.

Sadly, she represents so many in her 'thinking'.

• Like 1

I’m trying to get my head round the Labour MP bringing a baby in for a debate argument  , I’ve probably got this wrong but surely she should either be on maternity leave or paying a child minder and I’m a Labour voter so no bias. Then I hear they don’t get any maternity rights because there not employees. 
tough one 

10 hours ago, grth2004 said:

I’m trying to get my head round the Labour MP bringing a baby in for a debate argument  , I’ve probably got this wrong but surely she should either be on maternity leave or paying a child minder and I’m a Labour voter so no bias. Then I hear they don’t get any maternity rights because there not employees. 
tough one 

It is a tough one. Because she can hardly bring in maternity cover because she as an individual has been elected, you can't just put someone unelected in her place. If she does take time off than he constituency are left without representation. 

I think the solution would be the first year, when a normal employee would have the option of maternity leave, then it's fine to bring the child along as they don't have that option to take leave. After that they should be getting child care, like everyone else has too. I'm sure I read Creasy brought her 3 year old son along, which is just daft, she needs to be finding childcare.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

It is a tough one. Because she can hardly bring in maternity cover because she as an individual has been elected, you can't just put someone unelected in her place. If she does take time off than he constituency are left without representation. 

I think the solution would be the first year, when a normal employee would have the option of maternity leave, then it's fine to bring the child along as they don't have that option to take leave. After that they should be getting child care, like everyone else has too. I'm sure I read Creasy brought her 3 year old son along, which is just daft, she needs to be finding childcare.

Given the special circumstances (as you say, an MP can’t just take time off as they can’t be substituted), shouldn’t the HOC provide a crèche?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Given the special circumstances (as you say, an MP can’t just take time off as they can’t be substituted), shouldn’t the HOC provide a crèche?

Possibly. I'm not sure how many MPs would need it though. Out of 650, there can't be that many new mums. So unless it was extended to other staff and then the question is why are they getting special treatment when they could just use normal childcare like the the rest of us have to?