Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

43 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Exactly this, they could be discussing transport and Boris would somehow link it to Starmer not supporting the NHS

Mind you, I reckon I'll punch the tele if Starmer trots out this awful "socially distanced from the truth" line at any point.

• Haha 1

On 25/11/2021 at 15:17, RoboFox said:

I won't post a copy/paste as I'll get a mod slap, but basically:

- Campaign group "Surfers Against Sewage" suggests these could be “conservative estimates”, as some of the companies only provided data during the bathing season and only for coastal waters.

- They list the companies most responsible - Southern Water are the worst culprits.

- The grim assessment comes less than a month after outrage at the failure of MPs to vote in favour of placing a legal duty on water companies not to pump untreated sewage into watercourses.

The row resulted in a compromise in which a new “legal duty” would ensure firms “secure a progressive reduction in the adverse impacts of sewage discharges” from storm overflows.

- The impact on the environment from pouring sewage into waterways is severe: “Untreated sewage can be a death potion to our rivers and waterways. It is a cocktail of harmful viruses, bacteria and chemicals. Some of these can directly harm aquatic life and others lead to devastating disruptions in the oxygen levels of the water – risking entire ecosystems.

Another Area which Shows the Human Society has gone Backwards in favour of poor Selfish business-ethics..Not long ago such regulations were stringently 

Followed & controlled,though even Then needed update....Across the Board from Grenfell to this, we have gone

"Forward to the Neanderthal- Backwards to The future"

The fact that such controls if applied, should Not be up for discussion,if must be a stringent part of gaining a License & business...

and Not back-alley payoffs....

8 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

The look on her smug face throughout that video should be enough for people to realise that the political elite give zero shits about the general public. Like that tweet above says, people’s family members died alone whilst they were “having a business meeting with cheese and wine”. The entire political system needs overhauling, we don’t need that ancient relic of the past dictating the country and hopefully if more shit like this get exposed, people will see that in the 21st century we don’t need overpaid willy pullers, getting subsidised fillet steak, whilst some families go hungry and others have to suffer the indignity of being laughed at for letting their family members die alone. 

What do you expect the entitled political class to do with their time if they aren’t being paid to have parties ????

• Like 1

Just now, Voll Blau said:

People are saying it's another 'Barnard Castle' moment, but what does that actually mean? Nothing happened as a result of that. This lot have no shame.

To be honest Boris Johnson could rape and murder 100 children on live TV and the ****wits of Britain would still vote for him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SecretPro said:

The fact that she's married to Forsyth of the Spectator and The Times means that the press knew about the party at the time, literally the whole press, but havnt been arsed to report it. 

I also love this question of 'Should the Police investigate?'. ****ing investigate? The Police are at Downing Street 24 hours per day, they were literally at the party. 

Oh what's that you say? Cressida Dick was in digs with Boris at Uni? Well I never...

This is the bigger issue for me. This has been known about for a long time, yet it's leaked now to fit someone else's agenda. 

Normal society is played by higher society continually.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

but the idea that "The Media" wholesale just sit on stories until it suits is a fallacy. ITV won't have been twiddling their thumbs with that footage for the past 12 months. Why would they do that when there's a risk a rival would get a scoop on it? Sure, whoever supplied it has "an agenda" (sick of hypocrisy from their bosses, disgruntled at being sacked, whatever), but there's no way it was widely known about by anyone other than those who had a vested interest in keeping it secret forever.

I agree it's likely the mass media didn't have the information.

But you're seriously telling me you believe the senior figures at the newspapers either didn't know or weren't invited? This will have been sat on for a reason and leaked for a reason, which is the point I'm raising.

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

But you're seriously telling me you believe the senior figures at the newspapers either didn't know or weren't invited? This will have been sat on for a reason and leaked for a reason, which is the point I'm raising.

Telegraph and The Sun invited for sure - and their front pages are notable for their absence of the story (Telegraph changed after their first edition). 

Incredibly Allegra Stratton is now political editor on Newsnight which is fecking hilarious given their likely output of the coming days. A vile person given that clip with her judging a working single mum which has arisen as well from this summer. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

As I say, any journalist who did know or who went - and then didn't tell their boss immediately - should be sacked on the spot for gross incompetence and should never work again. Likewise any editor who didn't act on it upon finding out about it.

But the person "sitting on" this information won't have been a member of the media. ITV will have obtained the footage yesterday from whoever that was.

6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

As I say, any journalist who did know or who went - and then didn't tell their boss immediately - should be sacked on the spot for gross incompetence and should never work again. Likewise any editor who didn't act on it upon finding out about it.

But the person "sitting on" this information won't have been a member of the media. ITV will have obtained the footage yesterday from whoever that was.

Dom, Rishi or Gove is the question.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Dom, Rishi or Gove is the question.

Cummings had been sacked at that point but I guess may still have had people loyal to him there the following month. As for the other two, well they've been sharpening their knives for a little while now...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Mind you, I reckon I'll punch the tele if Starmer trots out this awful "socially distanced from the truth" line at any point.

I quite like him but he's very much to Labour what Southgate is to the FA; unoffensive, well spoken, fairly smart looking and not going to get embroiled in some kind of scandal.

• Like 1

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

I quite like him but he's very much to Labour what Southgate is to the FA; unoffensive, well spoken, fairly smart looking and not going to get embroiled in some kind of scandal.

And that's exactly what Labour needs to some degree. But on a day like today they also need someone who's going to get aggro. Hope he's up to it rather than meekly asking for an apology and trotting out a couple of Covid-related puns.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

And that's exactly what Labour needs to some degree. But on a day like today they also need someone who's going to get aggro. Hope he's up to it rather than meekly asking for an apology and trotting out a couple of Covid-related puns.

You can see at PMQs he does make very good points and uses a lot of evidence to back it up, but as we've both said Boris just starts getting all flustered and rambling on about anything but the question and everyone forgets about the actual points Starmer has made.

• Like 1