Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

5 minutes ago, Manini said:

Works Christmas party now cancelled tomorrow given the announcements yesterday.  I dread to think how much money the company have wasted there. There’s irony here I think. 

Oh dear, loads will cancel now I would have thought. The frontpage headline of the telegraph reflects the Johnsonian nature of the governments updated advice: 'Don't go to work, but do go to parties' which is pretty funny really.

3 minutes ago, Manini said:

And this is the most absurd part. I don’t blame work for cancelling at all, If that’s the decision they’ve come to I respect it. Nothing about this man gives me any confidence, nearly everything he says is conflicted, he’s unfit to lead the country and I’m amazed he’s still standing after all that’s gone on. 

He'll just be hoping to make it to Christmas now I would have thought, there will be plenty more bad news for him before then especially next weeks by-election.

It wouldn't surprise me if a group of his MPs go full Julius Caesar on the senate floor, metaphorically speaking. The pretenders to the throne won't want to be seen holding the knife though, as is Tory tradition.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'm sure someone somewhere is frantically trying to source information about a Labour MP who also had or went to a party. I'm sure there are plenty MPs on both sides nervous about stuff coming out. 

Murdoch's rags will have their rats scurrying about trying to dig up some dirt, no doubt.

• Like 1

Something that really annoys me. Ed Oldfield, reported as being either 23 or 25 years old, holds the role of a "special advisor" to the PM. Now, some people are successful in life early - granted. The guy who runs Gymshark has surpassed what I've done in life in his late 20s. This guy however comes across as nothing special. In fact, looking at his CV, his experience shouldnt have him anywhere near Govt let alone the PM's office. 

So, because of who his dad is, we, the tax payer fund his salary - no idea how much he earns but even a penny is too much IF he is not qualified to do the job. 

How the hell do I say to my kids - Life is equal and all you've got to do is work hard when in the 21st century, dads are still calling in favours from their "boys" for their boy. 

It pisses me off. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Something that really annoys me. Ed Oldfield, reported as being either 23 or 25 years old, holds the role of a "special advisor" to the PM. Now, some people are successful in life early - granted. The guy who runs Gymshark has surpassed what I've done in life in his late 20s. This guy however comes across as nothing special. In fact, looking at his CV, his experience shouldnt have him anywhere near Govt let alone the PM's office. 

So, because of who his dad is, we, the tax payer fund his salary - no idea how much he earns but even a penny is too much IF he is not qualified to do the job. 

How the hell do I say to my kids - Life is equal and all you've got to do is work hard when in the 21st century, dads are still calling in favours from their "boys" for their boy. 

It pisses me off. 

It never has been and never will be. We all have to just keep going and have the courage to change the things we can. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'm sure someone somewhere is frantically trying to source information about a Labour MP who also had or went to a party. I'm sure there are plenty MPs on both sides nervous about stuff coming out. 

There are multiple occasions that were mentioned at the time. Kinnock being one and it was either him or a Welsh MP what went to a funeral with 100 in attendance 

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There are multiple occasions that were mentioned at the time. Kinnock being one and it was either him or a Welsh MP what went to a funeral with 100 in attendance 

Was about to say Kinnock, which was the most shakiest of restriction-breaking (sat on a deck chair two metres away on his dad’s front garden, for his birthday, if I’m not mistaken) wasn’t Corbyn caught at a family Christmas meal as well?

32 minutes ago, Strokes said:

There were and I was pretty pissed off about them then too. 
This party thing is completely outrageous, and to be frank its 100 times worse than a regular MP breaking the rules.

These people make the rules for everyone and then do what they like. Absolutely shameful.

Anyone justifying it needs to give their head a firm shake.

It really is getting beyond a joke, they are just showing pure contempt for the public who they are suppossed to serve. We've now got a guy who works in no.11 conducting an investigation into a party he may have attended!!! I'm fairly sure there's a copper who stands on the door of no. 10, if he has decided to keep quite about he's either been instructed to do so by his seniors or there wasn't a party , which is fine for normal people, but a copper cannot break the law by withholding information.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

As I said on another thread, I basically watched my grandma die through a screen last year while these bastards did whatever they liked. So I won't take lectures from you or anyone else on how to think or feel about the fact the people who made the rules that meant that happened were literally laughing at us all while they partied on.

In short, go fvck yourself.

I lost my dad this year suddenly and that was has you can say was covid related but boris and his cronies party had **** all to do with it so you go**** yourself

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Sorry for your loss.

Look do not want to argue with anyone your loss would have been painful and its not nice to see anyone dying my point was in my original post was its old news and again there are more important things In life then those idiots who broke the rules during both lockdowns let's just remember our loss 

7 minutes ago, lcfc cowboys said:

Look do not want to argue with anyone your loss would have been painful and its not nice to see anyone dying my point was in my original post was its old news and again there are more important things In life then those idiots who broke the rules during both lockdowns let's just remember our loss 

That's the point though pal. A LOT of people didn't even get to see their loved ones die OR attend funerals for them. 

It is OK to be angry that the people who put those restrictions in place were having multiple mass gatherings and getting drunk without social distance protocol being observed. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SexyGammonFox said:

It wouldn't surprise me if a group of his MPs go full Julius Caesar on the senate floor, metaphorically speaking. The pretenders to the throne won't want to be seen holding the knife though, as is Tory tradition.

Infamy!

9dbc07e0d12d2ca4c9e775b04baa258d--kenneth-williams-julius-caesar.jpg.09a5c53d56aeac47bb8adda535cf8191.jpg

• Haha 1