Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

24 minutes ago, Buce said:

Two-thirds of the electorate have an unfavourable opinion of him.

Which means that despite his lies, despite his sleaze and corruption, despite his bumbling ineptitude, one in three people still have a favourable opinion of him.

Should these people be out on their own?

Only 1 in 4 have a favourable opinion. Apparently the other 10% aren't sure either way :wes:

2 hours ago, Buce said:

Two-thirds of the electorate have an unfavourable opinion of him.

Which means that despite his lies, despite his sleaze and corruption, despite his bumbling ineptitude, one in three people still have a favourable opinion of him.

Should these people be out on their own?

They're the ones who voted for him and just won't admit to themselves that they got it wrong and he conned them good and proper !!..

My missus is one of these ostriches!🤬🤬🤬

7 hours ago, weller54 said:

They're the ones who voted for him and just won't admit to themselves that they got it wrong and he conned them good and proper !!..

My missus is one of these ostriches!🤬🤬🤬

You should give her a bedtime treat before she comes to her senses 

396DCD81-997D-4E47-9DA7-1D9E9533F3CD.jpeg.6f1cb68315695b2a3657932b9206b90d.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

calling for a new Blair is the next problem, his destruction of true labour is why the tories have ripped the guts out of the working class and whythe level of corruption and "ME" has reached the obscene levels it has. 

Missing out on Corbyn was an enormous loss for the UK for generations to come.

One of the daftest things I've heard on here for a while. And I say this after I've just been reading the covid thread! 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

calling for a new Blair is the next problem, his destruction of true labour is why the tories have ripped the guts out of the working class and whythe level of corruption and "ME" has reached the obscene levels it has.

Umm no he's actually the reason they haven't been doing it for an extra 13 years.

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Serious question: If Corbyn and all his supporters left the security of the Labour party today and set up their own party, what sort of numbers do you think they would poll?

3 hours ago, ozleicester said:

I will never understand what was so scary about having someone in charge who wanted to help struggling people and not just billionaire donors. What was so scary about making the obscenely wealthy pay their fair share of tax, and pursuing policies based on justice and equality? Instead we’ve got a government mired in corruption, incompetence, contempt for the public, and in constant pursuit of dangerous authoritarian legislation to limit the accountability of the government and curtailing the rights and freedoms of citizens. England made the wrong decision in 2019 that’s for sure, the history books will prove it, it’s becoming increasingly evident to people of all political persuasions that this is the worst government in living memory. Standards have never been lower.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, What the Fuchs? said:

I will never understand what was so scary about having someone in charge who wanted to help struggling people and not just billionaire donors. What was so scary about making the obscenely wealthy pay their fair share of tax, and pursuing policies based on justice and equality? Instead we’ve got a government mired in corruption, incompetence, contempt for the public, and in constant pursuit of dangerous authoritarian legislation to limit the accountability of the government and curtailing the rights and freedoms of citizens. England made the wrong decision in 2019 that’s for sure, the history books will prove it, it’s becoming increasingly evident to people of all political persuasions that this is the worst government in living memory. Standards have never been lower.

It is scary when you're told, repeatedly, by numerous powerful and noisy outlets, that something is bad and evil and dangerous. The truth can go hang on such occasions.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ozleicester said:

depends who you are... and who you can easily influence.
Rupert Murdoch's The Sun Now Worth Less Than a Copy of the UK Tabloid

Its no surprise that, the UK, USA and Aust have had the worst governments in living memory... and Murdoch owns the dominant media in those countries 

You only have to look at somewhere like New Zealand to see what a fair, tolerant, progressive, democratic and happy country we could live in if a large portion of the electorate were not the playthings of billionaire press barons as they are in this country. Let’s face it people like Murdoch rely on a certain lack of critical thinking to achieve their aims and maintain their interests, and they wouldn’t do it if it didn’t work.

Edited by What the Fuchs?
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, What the Fuchs? said:

You only have to look at somewhere like New Zealand to see what a fair, tolerant, progressive, democratic and happy country we could live in if a large portion of the electorate were not the playthings of billionaire press barons as they are in this country. Let’s face it people like Murdoch rely on a certain lack of critical thinking to achieve their aims and maintain their interests, and they wouldn’t do it if it didn’t work.

They're banning smoking though the mad bastards. 

• Haha 1

Thats a massive anticlimax.

I mean I'm pretty sure there was a party and rules were broken, but that picture shows nothing. I mean it's on a screen, only shows 3 people, no proof it was outside work hours, no proof they weren't actually working (and if they were they still shouldn't have been that close, but hardly a huge crime). When they said they had pictures I thought we were getting Boris stood in a room full of 50 people chatting to each and every one of them.

So.

"There was no party and no rules were broken"

Then.

"I cannot say whether or not there was a gathering, but no rules were broken. At the non-existent party"

Then

"I share the nation's fury about the video of my spokesperson laughing about a party which she said occurred on the alleged date. A party may or may not have happened and I'm appointing my pal to investigate..."

Now

Pictures of him hosting a round of a Christmas quiz, next to a dude with tinsel wrapped around his neck.

He might try and offer an explanation, but I think it is pretty tough to come back from this.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Thats a massive anticlimax.

I mean I'm pretty sure there was a party and rules were broken, but that picture shows nothing. I mean it's on a screen, only shows 3 people, no proof it was outside work hours, no proof they weren't actually working (and if they were they still shouldn't have been that close, but hardly a huge crime). When they said they had pictures I thought we were getting Boris stood in a room full of 50 people chatting to each and every one of them.

If you want a picture of him drinking a yard of ale with his trousers round his ankles and tinsel hanging from his jacksie,  that's probably not going to happen.

Or it may be the cover of the Sunday Mirror next weekend.

9 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

If you want a picture of him drinking a yard of ale with his trousers round his ankles and tinsel hanging from his jacksie,  that's probably not going to happen.

Or it may be the cover of the Sunday Mirror next weekend.

I just think that photo is easily dismissed. They could admit they were working and were sitting too close, and move on. People wear Christmas hats and tinsel at work sometimes in the lead up to Christmas. What in that photo is definitive proof there was a party? It doesn't prove a thing there's not even a drink in view.

Edited by Facecloth

1 hour ago, bovril said:

They're banning smoking though the mad bastards. 

Like I say I’d love to live there lol Probably belongs in another thread but I’ve had chronic bronchitis for months and months and I reckon it’s all the passive smoking I’ve had from people smoking in my house at all hours, (and from my dad growing up), 4,000 cancer causing chemicals in second hand smoke, 30% increase in chance of lung cancer, stroke, heart disease etc. If half of the things in cigarettes were in paint fumes, or in insulation for instance it would be banned, but the fact people are smoking it and paying a fat lot of tax to the government it’s allowed despite it being incredibly bad for the health of others and the smoker them self. It’s like asbestos is illegal in houses, but if people rolled it up and smoked it it’s suddenly fine lol. When I was a kid I was told to crawl on the floor and avoid breathing in smoke in a fire, not stand up and gulp it in 😂