Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I just think that photo is easily dismissed. They could admit they were working and were sitting too close, and move on. People wear Christmas hats and tinsel at work sometimes in the lead up to Christmas. What in that photo is definitive proof there was a party? It doesn't prove a thing there's not even a drink in view.

They have a tape of him hosting a round of a Christmas Quiz, sitting next to a bloke wrapped in tinsel, after he denied knowledge of a party.

I think he will struggle to describe it as "work". 

It now very much looks like he was misrepresenting his knowledge of such things at the dispatch box, too.

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I just think that photo is easily dismissed. They could admit they were working and were sitting too close, and move on. People wear Christmas hats and tinsel at work sometimes in the lead up to Christmas. What in that photo is definitive proof there was a party? It doesn't prove a thing there's not even a drink in view.

Fair assessment taken in isolation, but with everything that's come in recent days? Not so sure.

Mind you, I'd have thought most people have reached their own conclusions on the matter now anyway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

They have a tape of him hosting a round of a Christmas Quiz, sitting next to a bloke wrapped in tinsel, after he denied knowledge of a party.

I think he will struggle to describe it as "work". 

It now very much looks like he was misrepresenting his knowledge of such things at the dispatch box, too.

Well if there's also video evidence then fair enough, because the picture itself is hardly the smoking gun people claimed.

47 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Mind you, I'd have thought most people have reached their own conclusions on the matter now anyway.

I certainly have. I wasn’t sure previously, but this last week or so has convinced me that Boris is the man for the job…*

Terrifyingly, it’s not out of the question that if he goes, whoever replaces him might actually be worse…**

* This is a joke

** This isn’t. Liz ‘Pork Markets’ Truss, anyone?

There's talk of at least 7 separate parties at number 10, including at least one in his and Carries Flat. This pictures is not from the 18th, its from a separate one on the 15th. Mirror also running story tomorrow of the extremely odious Therese Coffey hosting multiple lockdown drinking sessions in her office too. The smoking gun isn't the picture, it's that this is a separate offence.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SecretPro said:

There's talk of at least 7 separate parties at number 10, including at least one in his and Carries Flat. This pictures is not from the 18th, its from a separate one on the 15th. Mirror also running story tomorrow of the extremely odious Therese Coffey hosting multiple lockdown drinking sessions in her office too. The smoking gun isn't the picture, it's that this is a separate offence.

Coffey… that’s one person I would be happy to see the back of. Vile woman. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Well if there's also video evidence then fair enough, because the picture itself is hardly the smoking gun people claimed.

I don't think that matters at this stage.

In a most delicious twist of irony, the people that form their political opinions based on social media soundbites - those very same people that put Bozo where he is now - won't look past the header on Tracey's twitter page.

He is hoist with his own petard.

8 hours ago, SecretPro said:

This is the point for me. Repetitive rule-breaking while they went in hard on us literally at this time last year pushing all the rules back on us. 

I hope the evidence keeps coming. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

As someone else has pointed out the crucial piece of evidence on that photo is that the CCTV in the corner appears to be covered with a bin bag. They knew it wasn’t an acceptable gathering 

I think it's a curtain. I saw a picture of the room yesterday from a different angle and there's a window behind that bookshelf, and they have  green curtains. 

20211212_093455.jpg.996ddbeb6c5593a904f2071a39627402.jpg

Edited by Facecloth

27 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I think it's a curtain. I saw a picture of the room yesterday from a different angle and there's a window behind that bookshelf, and they have  green curtains. 

Christ. Whoever comes in next start by throwing that portrait on the fire.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

26 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

My assumption was that it was a doorway rather than a window 

The pixelated evidence looks like the 'window' is too narrow? 

2 hours ago, Buce said:

I don't think that matters at this stage.

In a most delicious twist of irony, the people that form their political opinions based on social media soundbites - those very same people that put Bozo where he is now - won't look past the header on Tracey's twitter page.

He is hoist with his own petard.

There’s plenty of stuff around to damage Johnson at the moment (and probably more to come), but I don’t think this virtual quiz thing is one of them. Not many people are going to look at an image of Johnson sitting at a desk staring into a computer screen and have strong feelings about it. The press may be running around screaming like it’s ****ing Watergate, but I don’t think others will see it that way.

Edited by ClaphamFox

Death by a thousand cuts. 

Although, some of those cuts are axe wounds.

I'm sure whoever his replacement may be will be a total arse.  I'm hoping it's Truss, but any of the potential candidates are god awful. 

As a nation, regardless of allegiance, we need a change of leadership.