Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

This is the point for me. Repetitive rule-breaking while they went in hard on us literally at this time last year pushing all the rules back on us. 

I hope the evidence keeps coming. 

I don’t because it’s f’ing boring, if they have the evidence to nail him then present it, not draw it out bit by bit a week at a time just to sell the bloody papers.

Russia’s making a move on another Country, tornados are ripping through city’s, covids still around, plenty of other stuff happening here as well and the UK is whipping themselves into a frenzy over a party that’s being played out like a Kardashian soap, either put up or shut up (not you Stan) so he can either be ousted or we can move on (to the next drama)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

I don’t because it’s f’ing boring, if they have the evidence to nail him then present it, not draw it out bit by bit a week at a time just to sell the bloody papers

Ah yeah, release it all at once so it can be buried and forgotten about in a few days time. 

Don't mind this tactic of little by little. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ah yeah, release it all at once so it can be buried and forgotten about in a few days time. 

Don't mind this tactic of little by little. 

But if it’s enough to get him the boot that’s the win right, otherwise you risk getting people disinterested and give it the ooh ffs & switch off to it all.

TBH this latest whistleblower photo has probably done more damage to the opposers of Boris because there sat looking thinking wtf is this, it’s a photo taken days before & in itself is hardly the damning evidence which was promised.
Now if they have the picture from Boris’s view and the aids are all dressed up as tarts n vicars and all over each other with mistletoe hanging from the ceiling then just show that 1

9 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

But if it’s enough to get him the boot that’s the win right, otherwise you risk getting people disinterested and give it the ooh ffs & switch off to it all.

TBH this latest whistleblower photo has probably done more damage to the opposers of Boris because there sat looking thinking wtf is this, it’s a photo taken days before & in itself is hardly the damning evidence which was promised.
Now if they have the picture from Boris’s view and the aids are all dressed up as tarts n vicars and all over each other with mistletoe hanging from the ceiling then just show that 1

That's an interesting take. 

All it needs is a bit of context about what the rules were at the time, and what we were told explicitly not to do. Then they've gone and done it themselves. 

Hardly done a lot of damage to the opposers? It just adds more weight to the bigger argument that they (government) broke the rules, have a disdain and ignorance for them and the people they're giving them to. 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's an interesting take. 

All it needs is a bit of context about what the rules were at the time, and what we were told explicitly not to do. Then they've gone and done it themselves. 

Hardly done a lot of damage to the opposers? It just adds more weight to the bigger argument that they (government) broke the rules, have a disdain and ignorance for them and the people they're giving them to. 

I get ya Stan but this picture shows nothing and no different to probably many a zoom call had around the same time with company bosses trying to act cool & show they are still thinking of their employees doing the same thing, remembering that not everything shut down there’s a good chance there were multiple people in the same room as their boss with employees the other side of the zoom home alone….this picture makes you want to think the other side of the camera they are standing 15 deep but equally it could be a single person on the end of a multiple zoom session.

All I’m saying is this can be easily talked around and if they continue to show weak evidence but trying to big it up it just waters down the final hit because people’s mind will still have the multiple ‘non events’ stored which puts doubt in the jury’s thought process.

I just can’t be arsed with the dance, there’s to much else going on in me life right now.

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

I get ya Stan but this picture shows nothing and no different to probably many a zoom call had around the same time with company bosses trying to act cool & show they are still thinking of their employees doing the same thing, remembering that not everything shut down there’s a good chance there were multiple people in the same room as their boss with employees the other side of the zoom home alone….this picture makes you want to think the other side of the camera they are standing 15 deep but equally it could be a single person on the end of a multiple zoom session.

All I’m saying is this can be easily talked around and if they continue to show weak evidence but trying to big it up it just waters down the final hit because people’s mind will still have the multiple ‘non events’ stored which puts doubt in the jury’s thought process.

I just can’t be arsed with the dance, there’s to much else going on in me life right now.

Maybe that’s the plan. Let Johnson constantly lie about the existence of the party or say leaks aren’t what they look like, and then release the smoking gun.

Then you have not just the party itself, but multiple lies about it. That would be much more powerful than just proof of the party - especially when Johnson is lying in parliament too. 

1 hour ago, FoxyPV said:

Not enough is being made of the policing and nationality bill.

That's some serious fkn bullshit there.

Potentially up to 6m Brits can be revoked of their UK citizenship with no prior warning and as long as the UK can say they have potential to go to their other country, they are not contravening UN law.

Absolute joke. Let's be honest about it as well, it won't be white dual nationals bearing the brunt of it

Most of the Brexit voters will love this. 

2 hours ago, FoxyPV said:

Potentially up to 6m Brits can be revoked of their UK citizenship with no prior warning and as long as the UK can say they have potential to go to their other country, they are not contravening UN law.

Absolute joke. Let's be honest about it as well, it won't be white dual nationals bearing the brunt of it

I mean there is a huge shortage of workers, but definitely the government are planning to kick out millions more.

54 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I mean there is a huge shortage of workers, but definitely the government are planning to kick out millions more.

I’m not sure you can assume logic, or actions in the interest of what’s good for the country with this government 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, FoxyPV said:

I remember hearing Boris isn't really right wing and people were just being silly and dramatic. We have lifeboatmen being harassed by racists for trying to save lives because those racists feel increasingly that their values are tolerated and supported by this government. It's also increasingly apparent that the government supports different tiers of citizenship for what the BNP used to call "indigenous" people and those who are not.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2021 at 12:19, FoxyPV said:

Being pushed by all of those who claim vaccine passports are what the Nazis would have done.....

Hmmm. Talk about twisting the narrative.

On 12/12/2021 at 12:19, FoxyPV said:

The more I read into this, the more I think this is one of the most frightening bills I've ever seen in this country with the potential for useage creep at a scary level. Has the potential to go even beyond Windrush or Section 28 and the like. The powers this gives the government seem to be extremely alarming. I'm no lawyer but from what I've read elsewhere, they can allegedly overturn any court decision so people can't even really appeal it, as even if the courts back them up in their appeal, the government can just overturn that appeal again.

Edit: I took out this 2nd bit because there is bits about "in the public interest" although I'm not sure how defined this is. 

Then you have the Police and Crime bill which is also pretty scary in itself with how it tries to reduce people's right to protest and would for example have banned the Suffragettes.

I never like to call modern parties fascist as I think it's downplaying the actual horrors of fascism, but I have to say these 2 bills make me feel very, very uncomfortable with the incredible powers it gives the state to deal with non-"purely British" who aren't British people born in Britain with British parents and grandparents and people's rights to appeal or protest against the government. From what I understand this even allows us to strip the British nationality of Northern Irish British-Irish dual nationals, which seems crazy.

This is why I don't understand the "there's no alternative" or "they're all the same" type people, even if you think Starmer is a wet cabbage, there's absolutely no way such bills would be proposed under him.

Tldr did a good video on the Police & Crime Bill, I hope they do one on the Borders and Nationality Bill too

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sampson said:

The more I read into this, the more I think this is one of the most frightening bills I've ever seen in this country with the potential for useage creep at a scary level. Has the potential to go even beyond Windrush or Section 28 and the like. The powers this gives the government seem to be extremely alarming. I'm no lawyer but from what I've read elsewhere, they can allegedly overturn any court decision so people can't even really appeal it, as even if the courts back them up in their appeal, the government can just overturn that appeal again.

And from what I understand (again I may be wrong in this), the government allegedly don't even need to give a reason to strip someone of their citizenship, so there doesn't even need to be some incredibly high bar of some incredible horrific thing the person has committed for them to trigger it. 

Then you have the Police and Crime bill which is also pretty scary in itself with how it tries to reduce people's right to protest and would for example have banned the Suffragettes.

I never like to call modern parties fascist as I think it's downplaying the actual horrors of fascism, but I have to say these 2 bills make me feel very uncomfortable with with the incredible powers it gives the state to deal with non-"purely British" who aren't British people born in Britain with British parents and grandparents and people's rights to appeal or protest against the government. From what I understand this even allows us to strip the British nationality of Northern Irish British-Irish dual nationals, which seems crazy.

This is why I don't understand the "there's no alternative" or "they're all the same" type people, even if you think Starmer is a wet cabbage, there's absolutely no way such bills would be proposed under him.

Tldr did a good video on the Police & Crime Bill, I hope they do one on the Borders and Nationality Bill too

I really don't understand the practicalities of banning protests, how would that actually work, if 100,000 people turned up to protest something, they're not exactly going draft the army in and start shooting people are they.

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

I really don't understand the practicalities of banning protests, how would that actually work, if 100,000 people turned up to protest something, they're not exactly going draft the army in and start shooting people are they.

Sadly though most protests are minority groups with the actual balls to put themselves out there, so they are rarely 100,000. Most protest are small groups and easily managed. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

You don't have to even be protesting, you just have to be in the vicinity of where the police think there might be a protest even if you yourself are not suspicious. So if there are a few people who vaguely talked about planning to protest on the road for Insulate Britain and you are simply walking past you in the area then the police have the right to stop and search you. 

Let's say you had some glue in your bag which you'd legitimately bought for your child's homework then they have rights to prosecute you or ban you from planning protests or all sorts.

It's the massively extended powers that this bill gives the police in terms of stop-and-search and prison sentences for protesting or even merely being in the vicinity of a protest that is the most alarming thing I think.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sampson said:

You don't have to even be protesting, you just have to be in the vicinity of where the police think there might be a protest even if you yourself are not suspicious. So if there are a few people who vaguely talked about planning to protest on the road for Insulate Britain and you are simply walking past you in the area then the police have the right to stop and search you. 

Let's say you had some glue in your bag which you'd legitimately bought for your child's homework then they have rights to prosecute you or ban you from planning protests or all sorts.

It's the massively extended powers that this bill gives the police in terms of stop-and-search and prison sentences for protesting or even merely being in the vicinity of a protest that is the most alarming thing I think.

Well, for a start, i think the police have enough on their plate without levering superglued nutters off the street and I think you'd be pretty unlucky to be carrying a tube of superglue for your child's homework(or several tubes as would be required to properly glue yourself to the road) whilst walking past a protest and then end up in prison, i mean, it's not going to happen is it.

12 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Well, for a start, i think the police have enough on their plate without levering superglued nutters off the street and I think you'd be pretty unlucky to be carrying a tube of superglue for your child's homework(or several tubes as would be required to properly glue yourself to the road) whilst walking past a protest and then end up in prison, i mean, it's not going to happen is it.

Strange way to describe people who are trying to ensure us and our Children actually have a viable future, but hey ho.

• Like 3