Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

7 hours ago, Claridge said:

Tories dump Boris in a couple of years and win easily. Starmer inspires very few people as he is basically boring (which might be an asset against Boris) and inspires no one.

Whoever replaces Boris will be just as "boring". Starmer being boring is essentially what the media push because he's not an idiot 

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 2

I‘m not surprised by the North Shropshire result. You could see this being, the beginning of the end for Boris, as even the party perception from core supporters is waning. They’ve lost the plot and are putting themselves on a pedestal to be shot at. 

The ultimate test will be, if the likes of the Liberal Democrats could feasible keep these seats or even grow, once the inevitable happens and Boris is replaced with Rishi Sunak.

In years gone by, I think we’d have had riots and people would have stormed the Houses of Parliament, as some of the stupid things they’ve done wouldn’t have been tolerated within a less civilised society, 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Labour votes getting another party over the line for the second time this week then... :ph34r:

That's surely Johnson done for now.

Is Boris too arrogant to acknowledge that his ship is sinking though? 

I believe the only chance they have currently to stand any chance of winning the next election at this stage, is to replace him with Rishi. 

Sections of larger public will see Rishi as the sensible one within the chaos. He is the person that promoted furlough and generally comes across as different etc, so has wider reaching appeal than other candidates within the party. 

If they go with a Gove, Jarvid, Rabb etc, they’re basically adding petrol to a fire. 

Not so sure on Truss though….

5 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Only anti Johnson. They'd still vote Tory if another tw@t like Sunak or Truss came in. 

I don't think the membership would endorse Sunak - he's the 'wrong' colour - and he would be rejected by large swathes of Tory voters for the same reason, if they did.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Only anti Johnson. They'd still vote Tory if another tw@t like Sunak or Truss came in. 

Liz Truss!!😂😂😂😂...

O please let it happen!..

What a stupid *** she is! ... the iron lady MK2?.

She's just about fit to be an ironing lady. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Liz Truss!!😂😂😂😂...

O please let it happen!..

What a stupid *** she is! ... the iron lady MK2?.

She's just about fit to be an ironing lady. 😂

The Tin Lady…

Apparently she’s quite popular with the membership, although I can’t fathom why. Then again, there’s not exactly a lot of talent to choose from right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dunge said:

The Tin Lady…

Apparently she’s quite popular with the membership, although I can’t fathom why. Then again, there’s not exactly a lot of talent to choose from right now.

Because she's as thick as pig shit, so they think she's easily controlled.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dunge said:

The Tin Lady…

The choices generally are not that better than what we have. And that's saying something. 

Can you imagine PM Raab or PM Patel or PM Truss - genuinely scares me. 

Probably better than PM Hancock though. 

• Haha 1

I’m hoping for Truss. I mean Patel, Raab and Hancock are thick as mince too, but I think Truss is another level. To have any hope of change at the next GE we need more incompetence for the next couple of years. As depressing as that is. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, danny. said:

I’m hoping for Truss. I mean Patel, Raab and Hancock are thick as mince too, but I think Truss is another level. To have any hope of change at the next GE we need more incompetence for the next couple of years. As depressing as that is. 

That's true...and a cunning plan!

Cheers Baldrick.

40 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The choices generally are not that better than what we have. And that's saying something. 

Can you imagine PM Raab or PM Patel or PM Truss - genuinely scares me. 

Probably better than PM Hancock though. 

Not sure Patel would be ‘better’ than anyone.

2 hours ago, Dunge said:

The Tin Lady…

52 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Because she's as thick as pig shit, so they think she's easily controlled.

No doubt someone will make this Labour's fault too lol