Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

21 minutes ago, Scotch said:

It's not emotional, look at it from a purely logical stand point. 

They said specifically that it was a business meeting. Now logically....

New mum and newborn present would indicate that it wasn't a business meeting. 

Two bottles of wine between three people (assuming the baby and mother weren't partaking) would indicate that it wasn't a business meeting. 

The two people in attendance have their chairs turned away from the host and most important person at said "meeting" indicates that it wasn't a fuching business meeting. 

IT WASNT A BUSINESS MEETING. 

It was clearly drinks after work. 

They lied. Pure and simple, and it wasn't may last year that they lied, it was today that they lied to the entire country which comes weeks after claiming they DIDN'T lie about Christmas parties that they obviously had. 

It's not emotional to be angry about your government blatantly lying to you. 

Ah, but you said you're angry and anger is an emotion.  Checkmate.  I am very smart.

• Haha 1

I see more assumptions being taken by the masses, where have I written i defend their actions.

In this particular instance Its a snapshot in time with no context obviously offered up by someone with a political agenda to which I refuse to whip myself into a lather over that is all.

I get social gatherings weren’t allowed at the time I’m saying without context who can prove it was either 1 thing or another, having his misses and baby doesn’t prove it’s a party she lives there if that’s the gardens of Downing Street and she could just as well popped out whilst they broke from what they were doing prior to the snapshot.

Ps I have no real political stance unlike most of the replying members but carry on with the name calling if it makes you feel superior to me it’s something else that rolls off the back very easily, maybe I have this rare ability to just worry about things that I can control and let the mundane stuff wash over me.

7 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Ah, but you said you're angry and anger is an emotion.  Checkmate.  I am very smart.

Well played sir. What I should have said is that it is a logical response as opposed to an emotionally charged one  

I also didn't say that I specifically was angry. Not at BJ anyway. He's always been an entitled POS, we can hardly be surprised when he's caught acting like one. 

9 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

I see more assumptions being taken by the masses, where have I written i defend their actions.

In this particular instance Its a snapshot in time with no context obviously offered up by someone with a political agenda to which I refuse to whip myself into a lather over that is all.

I get social gatherings weren’t allowed at the time I’m saying without context who can prove it was either 1 thing or another, having his misses and baby doesn’t prove it’s a party she lives there if that’s the gardens of Downing Street and she could just as well popped out whilst they broke from what they were doing prior to the snapshot.

Ps I have no real political stance unlike most of the replying members but carry on with the name calling if it makes you feel superior to me it’s something else that rolls off the back very easily, maybe I have this rare ability to just worry about things that I can control and let the mundane stuff wash over me.

I can see your point. I'd completely disagree to be honest - given that a month previous, Boris was requiring oxygen on a hospital bed, I'd expect his missus and baby should be appropriately spaced away to avoid numerous persons. Either way, it's a work meeting or it's a home hosting a party, it's one or the other. Can't be both - it was, we could hosted parties ourselves then given vast majority of the public were working from home. 

To top it off, I don't think she should be party to work meetings or even informal situations where the topic becomes that. It appears over the last two years, she's been subject to even decision making and had an input. This largely led to Cummings quitting his role. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

9 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

There’s this rather novel idea of ‘voting’ and ‘holding government to account’ which are very much in the control of every individual of citizenship and voting age. 

Regarding political stance and what I assume you’re insinuating: plenty of those who have responded to you or shown disapproval are Tory voters. It’s rather non-partisan if the current government is completely devoid of either competency or accountability.

Edited by Finnaldo

There are certain immutable facts:

The sun rises

Liverpool fans will moan about everything

Arsenal fan TV is a cesspit but a guilty pleasure

The Tories are, and always will be, *****

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

There’s this rather novel idea of ‘voting’ and ‘holding government to account’ which are very much in the control of every individual of citizenship and voting age. 

Regarding political stance and what I assume you’re insinuating: plenty of those who have responded to you or shown disapproval are Tory voters. It’s rather non-partisan if the current government is completely devoid of either competency or accountability.

I hear you but you can vote for any party you want but in the main day to day living will go on above your head and the big events like Brexit are a lottery do you really have control?

I can assure you I’m not 1 for bending over and getting shafted & I’ll repeat this photo just didn’t really upset me as much as others that is all but if this was a christening or a funeral wake or wedding breakfast it would obviously because I can like for like compare it to something at the time I couldn’t do, maybe it didn’t bother me as much because I didn’t want to invite work colleagues round my garden for cheese and wine mainly because there people I wouldn’t invite for a drink in the real world.

The comment by Raab has annoyed me because wtf is he on about but then I just think tool 

6 hours ago, Izzy said:

I’m not clued up on world politics, but I wonder if there are any examples of other countries where this actually works well?

Thanks to PR, Belgium went for almost two years without a government - and got by pretty nicely thank you very much. IMO, Parliament might be improved if nobody was there.

Clearly not the bars, they still need bar staff to serve up the decent public funded wine - and the chefs, I can't be doing without the nice food either. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, foxes1988 said:

I suspect this is purely down to it being 'your side' that's its getting tedious to you.

My side maybe, but I like many other tories think it is time Boris went.  I just don't think anyone is being realistic expecting those working in Downing street to be socially distancing.  I am sure millions of others in their workplaces didn't either, and like it or not this is their workplace.  It isn't like our workplace, but that is just a reality isn't it?  I am amazed anyone is surprised to see this.  

13 hours ago, Saxondale said:

If they hadn’t told so many lies about the big parties, people probably wouldn’t be so bothered about this small, seemingly social gathering. No one to blame but themselves. They obviously have no desire to follow the same rules which they impose on everybody else.

It certainly doesn’t help.  I can see why people who were very limited at that time for funerals and weddings for example.

46 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

My side maybe, but I like many other tories think it is time Boris went.  I just don't think anyone is being realistic expecting those working in Downing street to be socially distancing.  I am sure millions of others in their workplaces didn't either, and like it or not this is their workplace.  It isn't like our workplace, but that is just a reality isn't it?  I am amazed anyone is surprised to see this.  

There is a pretty obvious difference between not social distancing because it’s difficult as part of having a functioning government and having a few bottles of wine or a quiz or a ****ing Christmas party after work, which is demonstrably not necessary for the effective functioning of the state.

I honestly couldn’t care less if their workplace is different to mine, one of the most important parts of leadership is that if you set the rules you make doubly sure that you are not only following them yourself but you are seen to be following them yourself.

I find the excuses people make for Boris and his gang more depressing than the rule breaking itself.