Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

My side maybe, but I like many other tories think it is time Boris went.  I just don't think anyone is being realistic expecting those working in Downing street to be socially distancing.  I am sure millions of others in their workplaces didn't either, and like it or not this is their workplace.  It isn't like our workplace, but that is just a reality isn't it?  I am amazed anyone is surprised to see this.  

Key word in all this is "working" which they clearly aren't 

16 hours ago, Daggers said:

Thanks to PR, Belgium went for almost two years without a government - and got by pretty nicely thank you very much. IMO, Parliament might be improved if nobody was there.

Clearly not the bars, they still need bar staff to serve up the decent public funded wine - and the chefs, I can't be doing without the nice food either. 

It might, only most of the population probably don’t  much like the bureaucratic elite either.

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Reflecting on some (ok all) of the responses to my posts yesterday, I see I’m out of sync on the anger over the parties / drinks etc.  I think on reflection I’ve had career where work does overlap with drinks and dinners, and to me this is normal.  It wasn’t normal in may or December 2020 though, and it shouldn’t have been for those on Downing Street either.

Fair play in saying that, mate. Too many people (myself included at times) refuse to change their opinion just to dave face. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

That’s exactly what they did in not imposing more restrictions. The data doesn’t support it. 

There’s a difference between stuff that isn’t v invasive on our lives and stuff that is.  Some Precautions are surely reasonable in the face of uncertainty….

im not sure that the govt can be lauded for that much over the past couple years - but to an extend, they’re damned etc etc 

57 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

What are you talking about..

... the plot of many disaster movies where a politician ignores the scientific consensus, does what they want (or what they think the "people" want) and things don't exactly go well.

It seems however that there are many who seem bound and determined to disparage the scientific method while a. Doing practically everything under the blanket that it provides and b. Supplying no better alternative.

It's a little frustrating.

• Like 2