Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

It may be my inner conspiracy theorists talking but this all feels like a Tory power play. 

The government have made a fair hash of the epidemic in general, not just this. The public aren't as keen on them as they once where so what do they do?Leak this, remove the noticeable figures, BJ included and replace them with folk who have plausible deniability come election time. That way when it's time for the country to vote, the next puppet can say "well I would have done it differently and it wasn't me who hosted a rave" when in all likelihood, they were just as big a part of it. 

Everyone is looking at the gun and no-one is worried about who is pulling the trigger. The Conservatives are the issue, bot Bojo or any other clown that they make their face. I want Johnson in charge come the GE election so they can be held accountable when it actually matters. 

• Like 4

I don't know who this minister is they've managed to persuade to go on Politics Live but they may as well have just dragged her into the street and set her on fire.

"Go on telly and get pulled apart because let's face it you'll never be seen again and it doesn't really matter"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scotch said:

It may be my inner conspiracy theorists talking but this all feels like a Tory power play. 

The government have made a fair hash of the epidemic in general, not just this. The public aren't as keen on them as they once where so what do they do?Leak this, remove the noticeable figures, BJ included and replace them with folk who have plausible deniability come election time. That way when it's time for the country to vote, the next puppet can say "well I would have done it differently and it wasn't me who hosted a rave" when in all likelihood, they were just as big a part of it. 

Everyone is looking at the gun and no-one is worried about who is pulling the trigger. The Conservatives are the issue, bot Bojo or any other clown that they make their face. I want Johnson in charge come the GE election so they can be held accountable when it actually matters. 

It so obvious, but even those, especially those in fact, with a left bent are lumping on the inflatable bogey man!  They are who are losing, not the mad fat guy on the stage!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

Even an “extended work meeting with wine” takes the utter piss. I wasn’t able at the time to go into the office and have a cup of tea with colleagues, so why should they have had the privilege? 

Actual party aside, these “work meetings” shouldn’t be excused.

Think of those dying alone in hospital and families refused visiting. It’s … well it’s just wrong. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I do see your point. Although I think he should go I do like the idea that come the election the public chuck the Tories out. Mind you I do worry sometimes about short memories of people. They seem to be more concerned if candidates have a beard, are bald or some other nonsense. I doubt if Attlee or Churchill would get elected these days because of image 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The disregard for the rules when most of the rest of the country were abiding and following what they were told is infuriating - and rightly so. 

However, for fook sake, the judgement in the High Court today regarding the allocation of PPE contracts is far greater an example of "ignoring the rules" or should I say laws. How is this not getting the coverage it deserves. How is a PM AND his cabinet still in power after underseeing a jobs for mates process like this. 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-vip-lane-used-by-government-to-hand-out-ppe-contracts-to-two-companies-during-first-coronavirus-wave-was-unlawful-high-court-rules-12514239

In fact, the cynic in me suggests that the Govt is actually getting what it wants by the focus being on the lesser evil of the parties rather then the above. 

We laugh at 3rd world countries where corruption like this is seen as the norm. 

Everyone knows the Tories are bent. They've been bent forever. Cronyism and nepotism are absolutely rife, whether it's contracts for mates or cash for access or honours.

The bizarre thing is the electorate don't seem to care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FoxyPV said:

This is massive news. 

The Good Law campaign have done a great job here. The corruption that went on during th pandemic was disgusting and so much money went to the pockets of Tory donors.

The only saving grace is that Johnston will be remembered forever as an atrocious PM

40 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The judge did say 

Mrs Justice O'Farrell ruled that while the use of the VIP lane - officially known as the high priority lane - was unlawful, she found that both of the companies' offers "justified priority treatment" on their merits and were "very likely" to have been awarded contracts even without it.

They’ll get away with it on that basis 

judges aren’t generally commercially minded/experienced …..