Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

3 minutes ago, SexyGammonFox said:

More conservatives have written to the 22 tonight too.

Game on. My money's on Hunt.

Hunt would probably be the safest bet in that he's the squarest and probably isn't as stained with as much shit as the rest. 

1 hour ago, orangecity23 said:

Johnson should go, but I don't believe he'll resign - he's got no shame, and the moral integrity of a blamange made of lies.

Do find Labour a bit two faced when it comes to all these resignation demands though - Jess Phillips on Question Time now demanding him gone and furious that Sue Gray is investigating him when "he is her boss". Shame Labour didn't extend these principles to our dear Leader when he was caught window cleaning in the first lockdown - or when the dear Leader was cleared of loaning Council money to his daughter's failed business, after an investigation by Councillors who he is the boss of. That's the sickening thing about our politics really - even among Labour, who are the better of two evils, they are still full of charlatans and chancers sticking their noses in the trough. Our entire democratic system is messed up, only two possibilites to run a government, safe seats that promote long tenured incompetents malingering in the system. The very fact that we elect people by glorified popularity contests that are only likely to be won by liars and Narcisists.

A while back I listened to an interesting podcast about an experiment in Bolivia where they tried out a new system for electing student councils - they basically picked willing people at mrandom with a lottery. Then found out it worked better than when they just ran elections! Really a fun listen, but may cause you to dream of a world where we bin off all our current politicans and just draw our leaders out of a hat.

https://www.pushkin.fm/episode/the-powerball-revolution/

Hang on a minute. You mean that didn’t happen last time round???

Edited by Vlad the Fox
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

This won’t stop at the single party, we’ve scratched the surface now and we’re turning stones over. We’re going to keep finding more and more dirt. 

I wouldn’t even call this lot Conservatives.  They’re doing lasting damage to party with the current shenanigans. 

• Like 1

It’s safe to say it’s now more a case of “when”, rather than “if” he goes. 

Who replaces him? It’s a poisoned chalice at this point, as whoever picks it up is on a hiding to nothing.

Safe to say Boris will go down as one of the worst PMs we’ve ever had. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s safe to say it’s now more a case of “when”, rather than “if” he goes. 

Who replaces him? It’s a poisoned chalice at this point, as whoever picks it up is on a hiding to nothing.

Safe to say Boris will go down as one of the worst PMs we’ve ever had. 

Yep. And hopefully when he goes it'll mean a pre-requisite of being in cabinet is being a brexiteer.

How on earth is Nadine Dories an mp let alone in government I have no idea.

I'm no tory but there's some decent politicians been sidelined because of the divide brecit brought about so I hope we can all move on from that mess.

On 12/01/2022 at 21:49, Cardiff_Fox said:

As others have eluded, journalists have sat on this story in months. You can’t have 100 invites and have the journos of Westminster not knowing. Now some of the journos probably wanted to run this story but there is a massive likelyhood that their editors, friends of Alex , didn’t want too - see his jaunt back from the G20 via jet to get to a newspaper shindig. After all this is a man what refers to the Telegraph as his real employer. 

This is the state we currently live and vote for 

This is slightly coming apart today with the Telegraph story as it was a leaving do for Boris’ comms guy whom is now one of the editors of the Sun and was of the Mail. 

The latter part of that was where he published the famous ‘Enemies of the People’ Mail headline with a picture of three high court judges. 

Detestable in the extreme 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1